Team iNstinct defeats its first Tier VI Raid! (PS. and the rewards are terrible!)

Prev13456789
Naecabon
1243 posts Member
edited April 2016
The members of Team iNstinct have successfully cleared their first Tier VI Rancor Raid!

We would just like to give a big shout out to CG for creating an incredibly fun raid experience with this new content patch. Most of us were very skeptical and kept our expectations low to avoid disappointment, and we couldn't have been more surprised today while working our way through the encounter. They... actually did it! They found a way to make this feel like you're raiding with your guild!

While all of my reservations and concerns regarding the payout system for raids remain in tact, the raid itself is beyond anything I'd hoped for and I can say I'm really excited for the future of this game and what it could bring. This is just one raid in a list of infinite possibilities, and now I'm REALLY curious to see where they take it. Acklays? AT-ST s? Will be be raiding heroic Revan some day!? Who knows!

Also, raiding today has given us a clearer image of the “big picture” of what they've been preparing for some time now. Some of the character rebalance concerns make a lot more sense after today. Remember how everyone was upset over the Yoda changes? Remember how everyone said Yoda was now useless? Yeah... you won't be saying that for very long. We honestly can't even fathom Yoda doing pre-patch damage now after watching him do his thing today. Wowie wow wow. All of you Yoda supporters are going to be very, very pleased you own him yet again, very soon.

There are a lot of cool features and mechanics in this raid, and we're here to chat about em if you guys are curious! We won't be sharing information on our strategies for the raid quite yet, as we're keeping everything in-house until we've completed the Heroic Raid, but we're still always down to chat about the general aspects of the raid! Some of this stuff is really neat!

From everyone here in iNstinct, THANK YOU CG for a well designed raid!*

*UPDATE:

CG have listened to our feedback and all 50 members of each Tier V+ raid now earn guaranteed raid loot. This is a step in the right direction, and while more tweaking may be needed to get the overall numbers right, in time this shows they are willing to work with us to get this game on the level we'd all like it to be. We will be attempting another VI tonight to try out the new rewards, more on that once we've beaten it to see how it plays out.

As of right now, based on the explanation given, the expectation is everyone, all 50 people, now receive TWO prizes per box, which is a) the old prize you'd get and b) the new guaranteed raid drop. So it's usually going to be random salvage + raid salvage, which CAN mean double salvage drops, with a rare chance of completed pieces in either of those slots.

This is obviously a huge improvement. Let's see how it plays out.
Post edited by Naecabon on

Replies