General Grievous is to expensive

Will the shard shop ever lower its prices i have been trying for months to get general grievous but it's just to much shards

Replies

• Here's my short answer, for a long string of reasoning: Grievous is meant to be a trophy.

I don't personally feel he contributes any more than any other toon when it comes down to it. I am speaking from experience because I have him, I am not speculating. I don't believe they will lower his cost any time soon, but it may happen eventually. I would assume when the whales' percentages of unlocks versus 7* gets high enough, they'll have to put someone else in there for people to spend the excess on since their Grievous is now finished and at THAT point they may lower his cost(s). His purpose it to provide something cool and unique to those who clearly have enough maxed out toons where there's an excess of shards. He is not meant to be farmed by one or two 7* characters.

Do people farm him with 2 or 3 characters they have 7*? Sure. There's always a few. But it's a long, nasty grind, and takes ALL of your resources away to level up anyone else past 4* (which is where Grievous unlocks), because if you want Grievous at a 5*, you'll need to do approximately 80% of what you did to unlock him, then 100% again after that, then 120% again after that.

To put it in perspective, my Grievous is a 4* Level VII gear (purple), power level is 3577 and he is one slot above my Ugnaught. My Ugnaught is a 4* Level VII gear (purple), power level 3508.
  • soneill73
    202 posts Member
    Trophy or not he is too difficult to obtain for most players, not unlike Vader. I think what most people are most bothered by is the character shard conversion rate for the shard shop. It would be a bit more realistic if a single shard had a larger value when doing the conversion of extra shards. Someone who has regularly dropped money on the mega-pack will most likely have a 6 or even 7* Grievous in a relatively short period of time. The rest of us will struggle for 6 or more months to unlock him and even possibly level him to a 5*. I was lucky enough to unlock him and get him to 5* but I have put very little resources into him, at level 44 and gear level 6 his power is 2600. So Grievous isn't even that great at any star level from what I've seen on YouTube, certainly not more important than having say Dooku or Rey which are relatively easy to obtain and level up. But as you level up your roster those excess shards should go somewhere vs. just losing them. So instead of complaining, see it as a bonus for something you can get in the future without having to change the way you play today. You will always need to farm and with the guild daily tasks having to complete hard level battles could potentially yield more extra shards in the future.