Who are the hardest hitting f2p characters that aren't glass cannons?

Luminara is an obvious choice, I think her crits hit the hardest out of the farmable/shards you can buy.
Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.

Replies

• Lum, JC geared up hits hard too. I just leveled FOTP and I regret wasting the droids and creds. He rarely even gets a turn in GW. 4 fights 1 turn, only 1340 damage at gear 5, lvl 58 3* Has no health at all. When Dooku at 3* can 1 turn kill a toon it is bad,lol.
  • Lum, JC geared up hits hard too. I just leveled FOTP and I regret wasting the droids and creds. He rarely even gets a turn in GW. 4 fights 1 turn, only 1340 damage at gear 5, lvl 58 3* Has no health at all. When Dooku at 3* can 1 turn kill a toon it is bad,lol.

Luke/Oppress/Ashoka also hits hard. Have you faced a rey yet? This rey in arena was hitting 3.5ks on me without crits. That's some scary stuff.
  • Fotp needs to be at least 5* gear 7 to be considered good at higher levels. I think a 7* would be a terror with right combos...one hit kill every time
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Luke and lumi hit about the same. Luke has higher crit and turn meter gain so his dps is moderately higher.
  • Luke is pretty solid and has decent health pool when he gets some gear/stars.
  • Luke/Oppress/Ashoka also hits hard. Have you faced a rey yet? This rey in arena was hitting 3.5ks on me without crits. That's some scary stuff.

Rey totally destroyed me in GW with her 5.2K critical hits (4/5). She's a beast
  • At 7 stars fotp actually becomes a monster. He loses agility but gains like 300 strength putting his health at like 12000. He is basically a tank that can still one shot people with his basic attack hands down the best.
  • Savage is tankey and hits pretty well. + For easily farmable.
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    IG86, easily farmable from both cantina and GW and he has about 11k health at 7* so not a glass cannon by any means.

Check below post.
  • i thought ig 86 had a lot less than 11k hp
  • i thought ig 86 had a lot less than 11k hp

Seems I was wrong he has 9k at max gear checking from swgohcantina probably confused him with some other droid.

As Old Ben would put it, 'These are not the droids you're looking for :waveshand:'
  • Heronmar: IG-86 is listed as 9147.86 on the SW Cantina. Are you looking at his actual stats in game? Still pretty good health for as good an attacker similar to Lumi or Luke as he is but 11k is nearly tank level.

• SlyGambit wrote: »
    Heronmar: IG-86 is listed as 9147.86 on the SW Cantina. Are you looking at his actual stats in game? Still pretty good health for as good an attacker similar to Lumi or Luke as he is but 11k is nearly tank level.

Yah I edited my post I was probably remembering someone else. Thanks for the heads-up tho.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Wow, some of you are facing Rey already? She looks like a great char, but with only one node to farm she's basically out of reach for we f2p. Maybe they'll add some more nodes with the next content release, but otherwise she'll just be outclassed by someone else by the time I could farm her.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    Wow, some of you are facing Rey already? She looks like a great char, but with only one node to farm she's basically out of reach for we f2p. Maybe they'll add some more nodes with the next content release, but otherwise she'll just be outclassed by someone else by the time I could farm her.

Didn't the bundle also include Rey shards?
  • Probably the hardest hitting thing that isn't a glass cannon is actually Vader... He is pretty much the closest thing to a tank on the dark side aside the stormtrooper...

You can't purchase him, you have to gain achievements to get him and that does take a while. He doesn't fall into the farmable category but he is certainly attainable without spending money... just takes a very long time...

His culling blade can one shot anyone if you stick enough debuffs on your target and it crits. Biggest damage number I seen on a six debuff target is 9k damage in the Arena at the upper lvl 40 range.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Fear a seven star tie pilot with purple gear, he can last well if played on the right team, go for him first and you have to worry about the others standing.

Prediction - when people see him in action the cries for the nerf bat will ring loud.

Oh and yes.. Rey is the goddess of the triple smack down.
  • Luke, Lumi, Rey
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • aspenstar wrote: »
    Luke, Lumi, Rey

Rey is f2p? lol
    Luke, Lumi, Rey

Rey is f2p? lol

She has a farming node in hard mode, so technically but it would take an eternity
  • There are so many good free characters that are good for farming...

Sidious
    Luminara
    Ventress
    IG88/IG86
    Captain Phasma
    Old Daka

HK47
    Savage Oppress
    CT-5555
    Boba Fett

Those are just some favorites off the top of my head but there are plenty more. I am 100% F2P and have a great team. I have all characters listed above and they are the group I'm slowly building to run with long term.

So far the top set of guys are already 7* and 6* and the bottom 4 are not yet ready to use as I'm finishing up getting my primary team to 7*....

You can be viable and take on most teams in Squad Arena provided you're equally matched. Since the computer is playing defense, expensive pay-for teams are beatable once you're a solid 7* with all your gear and mats in place. You're only challenge will be holding position overnight with the P2W teams but outside of that, don't feel you have no chance...
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    There are so many good free characters that are good for farming...

Sidious
    Luminara
    Ventress
    IG88/IG86
    Captain Phasma
    Old Daka

HK47
    Savage Oppress
    CT-5555
    Boba Fett

Those are just some favorites off the top of my head but there are plenty more. I am 100% F2P and have a great team. I have all characters listed above and they are the group I'm slowly building to run with long term.

So far the top set of guys are already 7* and 6* and the bottom 4 are not yet ready to use as I'm finishing up getting my primary team to 7*....

You can be viable and take on most teams in Squad Arena provided you're equally matched. Since the computer is playing defense, expensive pay-for teams are beatable once you're a solid 7* with all your gear and mats in place. You're only challenge will be holding position overnight with the P2W teams but outside of that, don't feel you have no chance...

I dont know how this topic went from hardest hitting f2p chars, to how to build a f2p team :D.
  • moddom wrote: »
    aspenstar wrote: »
    Luke, Lumi, Rey

Rey is f2p? lol

She has a farming node in hard mode, so technically but it would take an eternity

Exactly XD I have 15/80 shards from the hard mode so far
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
    moddom wrote: »
    aspenstar wrote: »
    Luke, Lumi, Rey

Rey is f2p? lol

Exactly XD I have 15/80 shards from the hard mode so far

couple more months and you'll have her!
  • Not glass cannon is kinda hard for the hardest hitters to achieve. But if you count in survivability rather than simply health I would even put in resistance pilot because of the foresight having the potential to dodge a 5k+ lethal blow.
  • I dont know how this topic went from hardest hitting f2p chars, to how to build a f2p team :D.

I agree that was confusing. What I didn't add was that, outside of Daka, the rest of my players can take some hits and I hold decent position overnight and during game time, so I merely recommended the team members I feel are tough..
  • BTW @revengeoftheewok, you missed all the fun I had in the last thread, shame the admins closed it, you would have been proud!!!
  • Use the force Luke
  • There are so many good free characters that are good for farming...

Sidious
    Luminara
    Ventress
    IG88/IG86
    Captain Phasma
    Old Daka

HK47
    Savage Oppress
    CT-5555
    Boba Fett

That set up sounds trash to me.
  • I received a 4* Rey in the 9.99 bundle on tfa day. At level 3 abilities gear level 5 and level 60 she can take out non tank types in 1 turn, she has weak defense and health currently but not that week. When you have nother to farm, she would be one I recomend getting. She will be my next geared character to play in the arena.