Are you overall happy with Raids?

Prev1
TheMadTwadder
483 posts Member
edited April 2016
Factoring in the rewards, time and effort, and fun factor, would you say you're happy with the raids system we have?

Are you overall happy with Raids? 86 votes

Yes
37%
natterbleeaauuhAksterStarSonunit900000OwexBaillHaligLegoLegs_Darken26IrrlichtJaquizz1616ParablemanDayvenHarmakhisVallisItsJarJarBinkzKobiVVSCsakaHaydiganTufav 32 votes
No
62%
HyperalloymasterringKralizecMurderholeAmnormoongodWJ28KrixRiggsinatorYasonKamikazeRhombusPetrozzaToonnyjedii_2040Tau_LambdaNortikka_aikarajuuStrongGoldbergerHarlodpeterBones 54 votes

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure it's really a fair poll. I love the raids but hate the rewards, so it's neither 1 nor the other!
  • Options
    No
    Life's not fair. That's why I asked if you're happy overall with the raids, instead of asking what you like and dislike, as that's been covered already extensively.
  • Options
    Yes
    I like the raid itself, it's very fun.
    I don't like the reward system or the fact that there is gear only obtainable in the raid and only at a very small chance
  • Options
    No
    I think the raid is fun, but the rewards are cheap garbage. Though I'm not surprised at that. EA is a cheap company. But overall I think the fun of the raids is overshadowed by the anticlimactic conclusion that is the rewards.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm super happy with the great group of people that we recruited; I'm not very excited to have found out that after the fact I recruited a bunch of competition for myself at rewards. I loved the excitement and the energy that the raid brought. I love that so far while everyone was disappointed with the rewards we haven't had any drama surrounding them since everyone got garbage. No one was jealous of each others trash.... I really enjoy the team work and the assistance that our guys provide.

I didn't enjoy the last phase of battling the rancor; I realize had I hit "auto" the outcome probably would have been the same. Seems there is no strategy there unless you have a deeper bench and possibly want to try and save a toon (which wasn't the case for me).... I took 21st which is better than I thought I would do as my level is at the bottom 10-15 in our group so I was happy with that but I also realized that going forward it is now just a battle to see who can spend the most money before the next raid.... that doesn't excite me. Why don't we just create a thread to post our bank accounts and then brag about that? If we are going to brag I feel it should be for something we did / accomplished not just we spent more than you.

I'm a total free enterprise capitalist pig to the extreme and I support businesses right to profits, no issues there... I just feel like this has stepped too far over the bounds towards bigger profits and less enjoy-ability and I really enjoy the game I don't want to see that.

EDIT: Didn't vote because I'd say other: neutral at this time.
  • Options
    No
    That's why I made my guild F2P only. I didn't want anyone having that advantage of paying there way to better rewards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    love it !
    - fun new game mode
    - new social aspect
    - new shard/gear store
    - new activities that require planning

there are improvements to be made yes, but overal the game is more fun/complete with guilds than it was without
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    That's why I made my guild F2P only. I didn't want anyone having that advantage of paying there way to better rewards.

But how did u know to do that ahead of time? Based on the information we were given, having some wales intuitively would have made us think that would be a good thing.
  • Options
    Yes
    Happy with it so far.

I started a guild so that my two sons could have a chance to raid without being bumped for being at a lower level and my guild is full of great team members. Looking forward to tackling some tougher challenges in the future with the group and appreciate the new content.
  • Options
    No
    Without brushing my own ego, I'll just say I foresaw guilds being competitive within the guild and I wanted to build up a guild of players like myself (maxed, F2P, and knowledgeable in the game) so we all had the same chance and didn't have any dead weight or overachievers.

Granted, I started my guild a month and a half ago before it was ever even announced to be in the works, it was just speculation at the time.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Even if the drops are terrible, at least you get a nice chunk of credits for completing them as well as currency to use in guild shipments. Assuming you have 5 teams of 5 characters it is not going to take you more than 20-30 mins to do the raid at a guess, for most people that only have 1 good team it is only going to take 5-10 mins =P May as well.
  • Options
    No
    Not sure how anyone would be happy. After being told for weeks new gear would be available in raids then to find out how much the availability is.
  • Options
    No
    Akster wrote: »
    Even if the drops are terrible, at least you get a nice chunk of credits for completing them as well as currency to use in guild shipments. Assuming you have 5 teams of 5 characters it is not going to take you more than 20-30 mins to do the raid at a guess, for most people that only have 1 good team it is only going to take 5-10 mins =P May as well.

We're doing the Tier 6 raid, so definitely more than 20-30 minutes LOL.
  • Options
    No
    Well, I got 6 purples that I already had 150 of so I'm not quite as happy as I could be. As everybody else is saying, its another case of the rich getting richer and the rest of us just have to eat ****. And since I didn't get my raid rewards until after reset I wasn't even able to get more Rey shards.
  • Options
    Yes
    I don't get all the crying over the rewards.
    What did you expect?

New mode is always fun, although I could only fight 4 rounds, I liked it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Without brushing my own ego, I'll just say I foresaw guilds being competitive within the guild and I wanted to build up a guild of players like myself (maxed, F2P, and knowledgeable in the game) so we all had the same chance and didn't have any dead weight or overachievers.

Granted, I started my guild a month and a half ago before it was ever even announced to be in the works, it was just speculation at the time.

this is exactly the problem with this forum and why so many ppl complain about the guilds.
    from an objective point of view this game got much better with the guilds update. From your point of view it was a disappointment. You started a month ago because you were super excited about guilds. Now that the guilds are here they dont meet your expectation.

picture this, your parents promised you a car for your birthday. You think they will give you a lamborghini, but they actually give you a 2nd hand volvo station car. You would probably say your birthday gift s.ucked.
    but in reality you are way better of with a car than without. just like us being better of WITH guilds ;)
  • Options
    Yeah....got 4 purple hairdryer salvages.....I can get more than that from 1 challenge.....

“Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Options
    No
    leef wrote: »

this is exactly the problem with this forum and why so many ppl complain about the guilds.
    from an objective point of view this game got much better with the guilds update. From your point of view it was a disappointment. You started a month ago because you were super excited about guilds. Now that the guilds are here they dont meet your expectation.

picture this, your parents promised you a car for your birthday. You think they will give you a lamborghini, but they actually give you a 2nd hand volvo station car. You would probably say your birthday gift s.ucked.
    but in reality you are way better of with a car than without. just like us being better of WITH guilds ;)

Haha nah, I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I know how EA is, so I wasn't expecting much. With that being said, having low expectations helps diffuse disappointment, but it's still disappointment nonetheless. I'm happy we have raids, but am I content with how they're set up? No.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes I like the Raid.

I think the drops are small, but we only did tier 5, only once and it didn't take long. Now that we know what to do and everyone is on board we should be able to beat it daily in one shot, then progress on characters and more people get filled out linups & we should be able to beat the higher tiers and get better rewards.

Sounds like the rewards are about right, and if people were expecting everyone to get the highest mats in large quantities on 1 run on tier 5, then you might not be playing the right game, how long does it take to farm 50 of an item, not 1 run.

O
  • Options
    No
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone would be happy. After being told for weeks new gear would be available in raids then to find out how much the availability is.

This
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I don't know what you guys are talking about...rewards should be epic just like battles. Rewards go hand in hand together with the battle. If the battle is epic and the rewards are like this...what's the incentive to go into raids? For getting Han? Lol...My expectations were very low about this guild update and still, i have been disappointed by it. That is not normal.
  • Options
    Yes
    Fun check.
    Rewards no. I got a funny crafted gear. The hypno syringe. But I get that from challenges anyway. The new gear needs to have better availability.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Haha nah, I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I know how EA is, so I wasn't expecting much. With that being said, having low expectations helps diffuse disappointment, but it's still disappointment nonetheless. I'm happy we have raids, but am I content with how they're set up? No.

fair enought
    improvements will probably be made in the future, but the guilds are a step in the right direction.
    if you had a choice, login tommorow and play the game just like it was before the update, or login tommorow and play the game how it is after the update. what would you choose ?
  • Options
    No
    Like others, raid is fun but competing against members and reward system is dreadful.
  • Options
    My guild will try today, not happy with the competition aspect but it does add to the game. We shall see when people receive prizes and react on guildchat.
  • Options
    No

fair enought
    improvements will probably be made in the future, but the guilds are a step in the right direction.
    if you had a choice, login tommorow and play the game just like it was before the update, or login tommorow and play the game how it is after the update. what would you choose ?

Exactly, keeping with your car analogy, I'm happy to have a car, but I don't want this 2nd hand Volvo my whole life, I'd like to keep upgrading to better cars.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    No

fair enought

This update when you look at what they did is not bad at all, actually quite good! They put Rey in the guild shop (don't know much abut Gamorean Guard or Jawa Engineer yet), gave us in-game guild chat which is nice, shipments timer is now continuous - man, i love that, shipments are made for p2p mostly, but still, even f2p can get a shot of purchasing the new gear for crystals, etc. I am still disappointed with Yoda tenacity getting removed by QGJ and will always be. However this reward system in tiers almost negates everything that is good in the update and is a complete bummer. I am not even talking about the unobtainable gear, i don't even care about that. But why the disparity between payment places??

Last major updates seem to have had both highs and lows...for instance, i really liked the fortitude update, guess i was a minority then, but GW got harder and more tedious. One hot one cold. Why can't they do an update where people say...man this is an amazing update, this is pretty much exactly what we asked for!! Now i realize there will always be some people that aren't pleased with stuff, but there are too many now!
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Akster wrote: »

We're doing the Tier 6 raid, so definitely more than 20-30 minutes LOL.

Surprised you are lasting that long especially given that the rancor stage can not be done indefinately because of his devour ability. My A team probably is not lasting 10 mins against the rancor, kudos for you for having a team that can survive 3 rancor devours.

And as I said, most people only have 1 team that can even survive for any amount of time to do damage unless they are whales.
  • Options
    The time zones, and the advantage they can give, need a bit of looking at. I was only able to complete one set of 5 attempts because I didn't want to stay up until some ungodly time in the AM to wait for refreshes, dropped me from rank 10 to 20. At least free loot/credits are free.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

fair enought

Exactly, keeping with your car analogy, I'm happy to have a car, but I don't want this 2nd hand Volvo my whole life, I'd like to keep upgrading to better cars.

this is the reason why i voted YES, it sure is better than riding my bicycle or public transportation :p