Crashes and lag.

Since the update I crash multiple times a day. I play on an ipad2. I notice the lag is horrible especially when I go back and forth from guild to shipments or enter a battle. Everything lags to the point to where the screen just freezes and I can't even close the app to eventually it just crashes. When I see the pop ups showing me the special packs or new characters available that's when the crashes and lag are even more noticeable.

I started just force closing the app once I notice lag and resetting everything only to experience crashing again as soon as I log on. After a while I'm able to get back online only to have this happen to me time and time again. This has never happened to me before the last update which involved guilds and raids. I have 8GBs of unused memory and storage and this is the only game on my device at the moment. I have checked my internet connection and speed and I keep my device updated always so it doesn't look like its anything on my end that seems to be why I am experiencing these constant and frequent crashes mixed with horrible lag.

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing these same issues but if they are I hope the devs are looking into this because these crashes and lag are taken the fun out of the game.

Replies

• I'm on an iPhone 4S and am getting exactly the same problems since the client update. I was a programmer 30 years ago - we used to test stuff!
  • Mines been crashing for over a month but has gotten far work since the update. Crashed at least 10 times yesterday in a 2 hour window
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I hope the devs look into this. I haven't even tried doing any stage 8 hard node battles for 20 energy a pop cause you end up losing the energy and progress if you crash before finishing. It happened to me on the stage 8 as soon as I beat the last boss. Last night I would reset my iPad before battles and still crashed and lost energy. Even worse when I see messages from the special pack and new shards advertisement.
  • I hope the devs look into this. I haven't even tried doing any stage 8 hard node battles for 20 energy a pop cause you end up losing the energy and progress if you crash before finishing. It happened to me on the stage 8 as soon as I beat the last boss. Last night I would reset my iPad before battles and still crashed and lost energy. Even worse when I see messages from the special pack and new shards advertisement.

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • MnM
    2 posts Member
    Lots of crashing, daily, and plenty of lag on my iPad2. No problems with other games on the same device and there's plenty of memory. Love this game but it is becoming unplayable. Frustrating especially for the crashes that happen at the end of winning a battle and then I don't get the rewards, though I notice the game still uses energy and turns up. Have lost ability mats I've earned, too.
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    MnM wrote: »
    Lots of crashing, daily, and plenty of lag on my iPad2. No problems with other games on the same device and there's plenty of memory. Love this game but it is becoming unplayable. Frustrating especially for the crashes that happen at the end of winning a battle and then I don't get the rewards, though I notice the game still uses energy and turns up. Have lost ability mats I've earned, too.

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I'm having problems too. Three times in the past four days, the game has crashed just as I'm about to start one of my Arena fights. When I reopen the game, I've lost one of my matches and have to wait for the system to refresh. It was really annoying the first two times, but today is PVP day in Guilds and now I'm one down without firing a shot.
  • Have had exactly the same issue starting pvp battles. Crashes on loading battle and when I log back in timer has triggered and lost 1 attempt.
  • I have the same problem on my tablet but not on my phone.
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Both my iphone 6 and Ipad mini 4 have been crashing since the update. Only happens at the worst possible times too (arena battles, buying gear) so I get shafted.
  • chuckwing wrote: »
    Both my iphone 6 and Ipad mini 4 have been crashing since the update. Only happens at the worst possible times too (arena battles, buying gear) so I get shafted.

I know right. I also play on a free to play account and this morning on a different iPad 2 I crashed within one minute of logging in after I x'd off three of those special advertisement screens that popped up right when I got on the game. Whatever they did with this latest update is causing some problems. I thought maybe giving it a few days the constant crashes and lag would ease up but nope. Within a two hour period I crashed atleast 5 or more time today. Even resetting the app and my iPad doesn't help.
  • Now this is getting really annoying. Reset iPad, reset Internet, test my internet speed not even helping. I'm lagging so hard trying to complete galactic wars only to crash over and over. Of course this will happen while double rewards is going on.
  • zerokale
    20 posts Member
    +1

Crashed about 6 times in the last 24 hours, just did it now after beating a challenge and didn't get challenge rewards. Never used to crash before yesterday, not once since starting playing it in Jan. What's going on?
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    Another day, same issues.

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • I am on iPhone 5s , it crashes every now and then. May be EA should look into this Asap
  • Also having this problem, the last two days but today especially. Crashed five times or so during a raid, and tonight twice during arena battles causing me to lose the attempt. Very frustrating when trying to stay in my tier.
  • Also having this problem, the last two days but today especially. Crashed five times or so during a raid, and tonight twice during arena battles causing me to lose the attempt. Very frustrating when trying to stay in my tier.

I've lost countless amounts of shards because of this
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • MnM
    2 posts Member
    I just want to report that things have improved since last week. Always some lag here and there, but that was the same long before and it's playable. The constant crashing has finally stopped. Much better!
  • I still experience crashing. This morning I crashed twice within 5 minutes. It seems when I switch from guild to GWs as soon as the match starts I crash.
  • Yslaire
    12 posts Member
    This has been the same here on IPod 5 since I installés the game 10 to 12 crashes a day. My cable Internet connection has been upgraded to a better speed. Game still regularly crashes even when alone on the wi-fi connection, even on other wi-fi connections than mine. It crashes half the Times when mot in combat, during actions as mundane as collecting a bronze card or actions that do not depend on my local hardware. So : IF the game is compatible with Ipod 5, when do you plan to acquire servers that can trully support a MMO game? ^^
  • This is really starting to burn me up. Today I typed in guild chat, went to do my second arena run today, soon as I attacked the game froze for 10 seconds and crashed. I knew better I should have closed the app out and reset the game but since I just did that before I typed in guild chat I figured I was ok.

This crashing where we lost a chance at win in arena or when we lose energy trying to complete the stage 8 nodes is really getting annoying. I'm starting to doubt pumping money in this game anymore. The players should not be hindered by these constant lag and crash annoyances.

Game worked fine before guild update. You release the update. Now I crash so often I'm worried that I'll lose crystals very time I make a purchase. At least have the decency to address the issue instead of ignoring the people that pay your salaries. Or continue doing the same thing and remain silent and that will be just another reason for me to take my money elsewhere. I'm not trying to be a **** here but it's just really aggravating for a product that I spend a lot of money on to have these constant problems and nothing is being said or done.
  • Same here, play on iPhone 6, been experiencing multiple crashes/types (error 3.0 & 10.0)

See a trend here? iOS, EA/CG, what did you do?
  • I am having this problem as well, love the game but the freezing and lag then crashing is getting really annoying. Really for a game that is trying to get people to spend money on it they need to fix this issue fast.
  • Crashed twice today in arena causing me to not get the win and forcing me to spend crystals to redo the matches again. Then crashed another time after I spent crystals to do another match. Just wanted to say Thank You. You guys are doing a terrific job making sure servers are running at peak performance.
  • Crashes still occurring. Happens mostly when I talk in guild chat then go to any event, challenge battle node, arena match or GW.
  • My game also crashes but must of all in ship battles, can't go autoplay, only a few days I can climb in ranks ... Please help what to do?