A Guild Is Only As Strong As It's Weakest Member...

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
...Make sure your squad is well-equipped for the challenges ahead.

That's the official message of the day in the guild section today.

Really guys? Nice choice of message considering the #1 complaint on the forums for the last several days is the fact that under the current system majority of players cannot gear up, regardless of effort.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• Options
    Nobody knows what's really going on. I think CG is under a lot of pressure and maybe just over the heads?

I like to think old of them as a group of guys working really hard under a cruel task master of a peogram manager who answers to an even crueler executive at ea who wants a promotion.
  • Options
    Then surely it's up to progressive guilds to help all their members gear up by rotating and sharing ranks?

Will be interresting to see how many of these top guilds are truly benevolent and fair and how many are a core elite who couldn't care less about the rest of the guild's progression.

I think this is both good and bad, it could go the other way and lead to guilds poaching members from other guilds on the promise of top 3 rewards.
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Then surely it's up to progressive guilds to help all their members gear up by rotating and sharing ranks?

Will be interresting to see how many of these top guilds are truly benevolent and fair and how many are a core elite who couldn't care less about the rest of the guild's progression.

I think this is both good and bad, it could go the other way and lead to guilds poaching members from other guilds on the promise of top 3 rewards.

No point rotating positions when the rewards across the board are completely useless.

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »

That would be pretty hardcore management to keep track of something like this to have the top guys pull back for other people to get there.

Rather then making gear only available as a top drop, they should just kill the whole chest thing and award more guild currency with the new gear shards always available in stores. This way everyone in the guild progresses without needing to resort of not everyone putting in as much effort as they technically could.

Something like 1000 points for 1st and 250 for last and have shards cost like 400 each or something.

But regardless of what they do, something needs to be done. If they don't fix this, the game is going to die really quickly when fast majority of players won't be able to keep progressing and leave in droves. And this isn't an empty thread like "X character is OP! and I'm quitting!". This is just a matter of fact that when a player literally cannot progress after a certain point, they just lose interest. And at the moment that's where the game is at.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.