Concern about Boba Fett speed

Hi guys,

I'm working towards boba fett now, but I checked his max stats on swgoh cantina and his speed is incredibly low. In you experience, can he land his aoe before all the specials are blown up? My main concern would be, for example, when in arena I'm focusing someone and boba needs to do his thing before barris can heal or tanks can taunt.

I'm running a very aggressive lineup with 7* lumi, almost 7* sid, kylo, consular and right now fives, but sometimes the designed victim dodges an attack and survives with 1 or 2 hp bars, and gets fully healed or protected by a taunt..

What do you think? Thanks!

Replies

• If Boba was fast probably he would be OP..
  • isendel11 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm working towards boba fett now, but I checked his max stats on swgoh cantina and his speed is incredibly low. In you experience, can he land his aoe before all the specials are blown up? My main concern would be, for example, when in arena I'm focusing someone and boba needs to do his thing before barris can heal or tanks can taunt.

I'm running a very aggressive lineup with 7* lumi, almost 7* sid, kylo, consular and right now fives, but sometimes the designed victim dodges an attack and survives with 1 or 2 hp bars, and gets fully healed or protected by a taunt..

I've went up against Boba a couple of times and found that he is rather lackluster if you use him simply for his ability block, the AI pretty much always uses specials in the first turn and human players would also do that if they see a Boba or Ben thus rendering them pretty useless.

I don't see the synergy of your Fives with the rest of the squad so I guess that is why you want to change him, perhaps consider something like a Phasma which has AoE that can bypass the taunt and nice synergy with Kylo.
  • ilyanor wrote: »
    If Boba was fast probably he would be OP..

This.

Maybe he needs a tweak in his special attack but hes on the tanky side with armor and hp
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    ilyanor wrote: »

This.

Maybe he needs a tweak in his special attack but hes on the tanky side with armor and hp

I'm not certain but isn't there a character that gives bonus speed to scoundrels ?

Edit: Found it tho it is Lando :smile:
  • Heronmar wrote: »

This.

I'm not certain but isn't there a character that gives bonus speed to scoundrels ?

Yeah Lando. But as far as I know he's chrono exclusive?

• SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    Heronmar wrote: »

This.

Yeah Lando. But as far as I know he's chrono exclusive?

Yep pretty much, but still the synergy is there if the heavens bless you with Lando lol.
  • isendel11 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

He's probably best for AOE block and dealing damage silently due to being ignored for most part being a tank with no taunt. I don't think he's a burst damage characters that you need. You may want to consider dooku for his stuns
  • So ... Got him yesterday, leveled him and geared him (VII and 4/6 toward VIII), all abilities to 4. Underwhelmed so far but I have enough invested already to star him up (3 weeks to 6* even with 300 crystals per day). Also decent synergy with my cookie cutter FTP team. Probably not putting him on my arena team until he is at least 5*.

The lack of speed does alarm me; I've seen so many fast attacker oriented teams in GW (I mostly manage to avoid them in arena despite ranking fairly highly). Wondering if I made the wrong call on him. Fives or Poe are both faster.

Wondering also if his leadership ability is a difference maker? I've been using Sid; also has crit damage bonus (though less) but also increased crit chance.
  • Lorenzo wrote: »
    So ... Got him yesterday, leveled him and geared him (VII and 4/6 toward VIII), all abilities to 4. Underwhelmed so far but I have enough invested already to star him up (3 weeks to 6* even with 300 crystals per day). Also decent synergy with my cookie cutter FTP team. Probably not putting him on my arena team until he is at least 5*.

The lack of speed does alarm me; I've seen so many fast attacker oriented teams in GW (I mostly manage to avoid them in arena despite ranking fairly highly). Wondering if I made the wrong call on him. Fives or Poe are both faster.

Wondering also if his leadership ability is a difference maker? I've been using Sid; also has crit damage bonus (though less) but also increased crit chance.

I like sids more but his 45% I think is his Max is quite a killer when you actually crit. But sids 14% + 20% dmg is almost as good.