Barriss Offee heals through debuffs?

I've always thought she was a bit OP, but I've found ways to deal with her so ehh. But now I've seen her in GW heal allies that have immune to heal. I'm a little upset by this since that pretty much eliminates any need for Darth Sidious or others with that debuff. All other healers can be dispatched before they heal anyway. Is this how she's supposed to be?

Replies

• Agreed, just had this bug myself. I gave the Jedi Consular the Immune to Healing debuff via Dath Sidious, then Barriss Offee healed the Jedi Consular while he still had the debuff. This was in Galactic War. Here were the rosters:
    My squad:
    Darth Sidious (leader)
    Jedi Consular (dead at the time)
    Clone Wars Chewie
    Luminara Unduli
    Captain Phasma

Their squad:
    Mace Windu (leader)
    Barriss Offee
    Jedi Consular
    Qui Gon Gin
    Aayla Secura
  • As stated numerous, numerous times, this is not a bug. It is working as intended. The first part of her ability says that it equalizes all allies health. This is what you are seeing. The health equalization (like it or not) is not considered a heal. This is how she gets around healing immunity. Again, this is not a bug, it is the way the skill behaves, and is what makes Barris unique amongst other healers.
  • It is not a bug, it is an equalizer. Easiest way to see is this:

Put the debuff on her when she is the last one standing, when she heals...nothing happens. She wastes her turn. That is how you know she isn't technically healing.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I've always thought she was a bit OP, but I've found ways to deal with her so ehh. But now I've seen her in GW heal allies that have immune to heal. I'm a little upset by this since that pretty much eliminates any need for Darth Sidious or others with that debuff. All other healers can be dispatched before they heal anyway. Is this how she's supposed to be?

Others have explained the mechanic... The best way to bypass her equalization, is sheer AOE damage, she generally can't keep up. The other requires timing and a little luck...

Basically pick your target you can take down to just about 50% of the health. If you done this right let Barriss make a turn attacking, (if the other team has healers they won't heal either unless a team member falls below 50% health). Now after the enemy Barriss's turn focus fire your target down, but in this turn you need to stick an ability lock on Barriss. Depending on how successful you are on applying the ability lock. You will generally have your target down..

Failing that.. and you see other Jedi healers in the team... use HK-47... HIs AOE can utterly decimate jedi teams through debuffs if they have nothing to remove them directly. The slow debuff and defense down debuff from that AOE will help you significantly... (NOTE you have to really raise the ability level of his AOE to level six though)
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!