Best 'now viable' team? (Vote and/or discuss)

Skeetabyte42
325 posts Member
edited April 2016
The old standards still reign supreme, but quite a few new squads are making the rounds in some people's shards...

Which ones do you like? Which ones have you seen?

Best 'now viable' team? (Vote and/or discuss) 101 votes

Ewoks
21%
cosmicturtle333Kang0306MurTelCharlesbusaDarthBooeyArarisValerianAlteisen76InternetSwagEnderUJaxsOobydoobJaquizz1616midnitecloudIT_L1V3SJediMasterSavageVicDuckooTheMadTwadderMount_firstdjvitaBalth 22 votes
Empire
1%
Emporer_IrenicusJupiterBurn 2 votes
Jawa-Droids
16%
garcia_george99DrexnawDarthTRexusRafaelSDRenovatoPatman6632HanburgerPsykopatDahlLoafdawg83MarkatonaZanhaepSpaceDogLoreNic_Cage_in_Con_AirHernerJadeLastJediPour2more 17 votes
Rebels
20%
TakCaptSeaWalkerBLuby25FAED_EmperorThePedroKidFoojcosuKingOfLosingCatoSanCatoMinorLuke6108ChokaiLADrakeDemonLeprech4unBMoneydelta49SaikyomasterCogitodanika1337Alexito 21 votes
Clones
13%
benacrowWhitchitBurrito_Manescorpion8888PecinGonzalo1495KobiltriggalJosh_KPhiOmphMerulaaepLowDOda_Kosan_Awa 14 votes
Other
24%
scubaHitNSmashKyuu2MateosiusRobbathehuttunit900000AkavirAdmiral_StevenMyzyrixSkandarGraunxgiggsyQleakAce5MazurkaV1p3rdyn4styCaiusVinniarthPaddyrickDarth_VosahkDarth_Vlad 25 votes

Replies

• I've seen a couple Ewok team videos posted. Seems like there's a niche there.

I keep hearing discussion of new Jawa/Droid hybrid teams. JE looks like great on paper. Teamed up with an HK-47 lead team, this could rock!
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Other
    I think they all have a chance. Ackbar just got a rework making rebels better. WIth Tarkin in arena shop makes better possibility for empire team
  • Jawa-Droids
    I'm hoping the Jawa/Droid team will be good, I'm working on getting Jawa Engineer
  • Other
    I run

Poggle (Leader)
    Royal Guard
    Captain Phasma
    Genosian Soldier
    IG-86

I seldom lose any arena games anymore, but it's not very good on defense.
  • I run

Poggle (Leader)
    Royal Guard
    Captain Phasma
    Genosian Soldier
    IG-86

I've been leveling my IG-86 to build and check out this exact squad. Also slowly doing IG-100 to see how he does in place of RG.

How many spots do you lose over night? I used to place and stay in the top-50 with a Phasma or Dooku team, but I've been spending all my energy rounding out my squad, and my team was never maxed, so now I'm more like 70-90 at payout and drop to as bad as 150.
  • Myzyri
    66 posts Member
    Other
    With the pathetic RNG any team is now viable. The RNG will take a less then optimal team and take it from a butterfly to Bruce Lee.
  • Other
    Take a team with ridiculous rng. Put together dooku, daka, rg, fives, rey, or leia, give them your omega. Don't forget to buy those furnace since they are still 'unobtainable', voila you get the best team out there
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Ewoks
    Building up my Furry army, but still rocking the Top 100 with my Jedi squad. B)
  • Other
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I run

Poggle (Leader)
    Royal Guard
    Captain Phasma
    Genosian Soldier
    IG-86

I've been leveling my IG-86 to build and check out this exact squad. Also slowly doing IG-100 to see how he does in place of RG.

How many spots do you lose over night? I used to place and stay in the top-50 with a Phasma or Dooku team, but I've been spending all my energy rounding out my squad, and my team was never maxed, so now I'm more like 70-90 at payout and drop to as bad as 150.

Usually lose about 50 to 70 spots over night lately.
  • scuba wrote: »
    I think they all have a chance. Ackbar just got a rework making rebels better. WIth Tarkin in arena shop makes better possibility for empire team

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking..
  • Rebels
    Ackbar and Lando are special together. Boosted double AoE in 1 turn!
  • Jawa-Droids
    I used to hate Dooku, but with ST Han and the new counter mechanics rerouting counter hits to the tank, my droid team gets plenty of meter love.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Other
    RG and st Han combos sit at top of my board
  • Ace5 wrote: »
    RG and st Han combos sit at top of my board

Yep, for now. It's what is winning on mine too, with basically nobody at L79 yet.
  • Other
    The team in pvp I'm having the most problems with.

1.Dooku (leader)
    2.Leia
    3.Aayla
    4.Fives
    5.RG
  • Rex (L), Fives, RG, Leia +1
  • Other
    Any neutral squad with at least 3 counter and bonus attackers, and 2 group healers with strong attack ability.