How to turn my guest account into a google play account

Prev1
How do I link my level 60 guest account to my google play account? I tried to play on a second device and it created an entirely new google play account.

Replies

• Options
    You cant.
  • Options
    Wait, what? That's insane. If you fail to immediately sign in through google play you're just toast?
  • Options
    Pretty much. I had the same issue around Lv 20 and that's what they told me. I just signed in and started over. Lv 60 is 3-4 weeks vs. My 1 day. I feel for you.
  • Options
    Yeah, plus the money spent on chromium packs. I guess I have to just roll the dice with the guest account on my phone. @EA_Jesse -- any chance that you could confirm that there is no way to reassign my guest account as a google play account?
  • Options
    Off hand I don't know of any way to do it safely. I play on an iPhone so I can't test this out on my own. While I dig around to see what information I can find, my advice to you is to keep your player ID and Ally code in a safe place as a backup.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    It's simple. Log into your guest account. Then log into a Google play account. At the bottom of the list of accounts it says add account or something similar. Go ahead and make a new Google play account. When it is completed, it logs back into the game. It prompts you to start new game or continue the level 0 game. Hit continue and the last game you had logged in will link to the new play account. Log into guest and you will be starting over. Once you get through the beginning, you can log into a Google play account and the new account should be there with your old guest account.
  • Options
    For the record I just did this before posting to be sure it worked.
  • Options
    @demortred do I do all of that from within the game? Thanks much!
  • Options
    Once you click add account, you leave game and go into Google play app. But it returns you back to game. I would assume it would work for any Google account created anywhere just so long as it's not already linked to a play account or swgoh account.
  • Options
    Right, the problem is there's a level two swgoh account already linked to my google account because I tried to play on a second device and missed whatever prompt was necessary to get my main swgoh account added. I guess I'll make a new google account just to be safe.
  • Options
    Definitely just make a new one. It'll stay linked for easy switching.
  • Options
    @demortred it totally worked. Thank you so much! @EA_Jesse you might want to add something about this to the FAQ.
  • Options
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    @demortred Thanks as well, i had the same problem as brrrdt and was able to fix it with your instructions. ty alot!
  • Draconious
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am having the same problem and I think I must be doing something wrong with the instructions posted by @demorted . Opened the game, It automatically logs into the guest account, I have no other options but that account. I have went into my phone settings, made a new google play account, but I cant get the game to switch over. At this point I have 3 active google play accounts and the game is not linked to any. Under the settings option in the game I am missing the options to sign into anything. All it shows is : Audio, Legal, Help, Restore Purchases, and Contact US.

Tech support has been no help at all. They told me to uninstall and reinstall... I was hesitant to that out of fear of losing my game. I've reinstalled the game and still no Google play option. My phone is on its last leg and I will have to replace it soon so I need to save this account.

I'm level 63 and I have about 5 7* characters and several other packs that I purchased that I would rather not lose.

Please help me! :)

Link to my settings screen imgur.com/ymLuVfP

• Options
    What device are you using? Which Google account is registered to the device.? You need to log into that Google play account on the Google play app and add the others to it.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You Should be able to log into Google in the settings screen, you can also change the Google login if you have multiple accounts.

Weird that you don't see it, it worked for me when I started but that was 3 updates ago.

2s0isg9.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I am using the Samsung Galaxy 5S Active. All 3 of my accounts (formerly 2, added 1 to try above suggestions) are linked to the google store now. They all show up on the same device. I've been playing since early December and My screen has always looked the same with no option to sign in.
  • Options
    Also, If I log into my Tablet and play the game, I have the option to sign into google play. The only problem is its not my account that is on my phone showing up on the tablet. I still have to figure out how to sync the phone to the account before i can move it to the tablet.
  • Options
    I made a mistake playing on a guest account good thing ,I never bought anything was level 30 on my iPod,had to restart it on my iPhone **** cuz I had poe free.
  • Options
    I'm hoping I don't have to restart. i'm not about to give EA one more red cent since they told me to get F'ed. I don't know what the point of having my player ID is if they can't help. They said all the account data is stored local on my device, not on their end...
  • Options
    I would like to try doing this, as I've been playing as a guest for awhile now. I don't have the option of signing into Google Play from within the game settings (I only have six of the seven options pictured in the screenshot in a previous post; the Google Play one is missing.). And if I sign into Google Play from outside the game, then it doesn't load my guest account when I go back into the game. Any ideas?
  • Options
    @demortred YOU'RE AMAZING! That worked and now I'm linked and saved! Thank you for that GREAT suggestion!
  • Options
    Hello. The option is still missing for me

Please help me, i really need to sign in !

My device is a samsung galaxy core prime
  • Options
    Hi All,

I am having a similar problem with this game. I have a iphone s5mini that i started playing galaxy heroes on a few weeks ago. on login i was never given the option to add a google account/email; just says facebook connect; which does nothing just junk. So i have a guest account with player ID on the iphone how do i get this to my computer so i can play on both systems??.

i am using bluestacks app on my computer pc to play galaxy heroes and am trying to link my previous guest account with player ID to this program without luck. please help. thanks!

how do i do this??

wasted 2 days trying to figure this out so far, such a pain.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Unfortunately we don't have the ability to support emulators at this time, so this may be the reason you're encountering issues.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    VasariWay wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am having a similar problem with this game. I have a iphone s5mini that i started playing galaxy heroes on a few weeks ago. on login i was never given the option to add a google account/email; just says facebook connect; which does nothing just junk. So i have a guest account with player ID on the iphone how do i get this to my computer so i can play on both systems??.

i am using bluestacks app on my computer pc to play galaxy heroes and am trying to link my previous guest account with player ID to this program without luck. please help. thanks!

how do i do this??

wasted 2 days trying to figure this out so far, such a pain.

Not sure what an iPhone s5 mini is, do you mean galaxy so mini?

If you don't have a login option the problem is most likely it was created as a minor account.

To link bluestacks to use a guest account from phone you have to change the android id of bluestacks to match your phone. Use Google to search changing android id. Also have to have root access to do this. Good luck!
  • Options
    same with EnjoyDT, Danthrax issue.

I tried clear data, uninstalled, still didn't see "Sign into Google Play" or sign out
    I just want to start over, and sign-in to my google account.

Simply, how to start over ?? ?? ??
  • Options
    I know this is an older post but have there been any more solutions to getting a Google Play guest account to open on a new phone? I recently got a new phone and want to continue playing GOH on it. I've been playing almost since it began and don't want to start over and lose everything. Back when I started playing I must have just wanted to try out the game but became addicted and playing ever since. I must have ignored the Google sign and started playing as a guest, not thinking I'd become addicted.
    Went from LG G3 to a Samsung Galaxy S7
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. Completely stupid.