gear x qgj or rg?

reizse
1447 posts Member
i can get one of these cool dudes to gear x at level 80...which one should it be? both are pretty versatile in all areas of the game.

please help me decide!
mighty chlorians

Replies

• Hello mate!

I would vote for Liam Neeson, you know, he is more famous than a masked red freak, so he should be better in the long run.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    advice from a freak against a red masked freak...I like it. thanks for your vote!
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    I can also get daka to gear x if that's worth anything
    mighty chlorians
  • RG. He is the best toon in the game right now along with Fives. I run top 5 in my shard and every single player near the top has both of them on their squad.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    If you're gearing 555's already, that is probably a good idea. But if 555's is miles away, not so viable, maybe. So...

If you have to fight a high gear Rey and/or Leia, you need this on QGJ, I think. Plus you need 3rd level of protection on one of your other dps/support, too.

If you don't have a big problem with being essentially ohko in arena, I would use it on RG.

But Rey is coming. And she doesn't care about RG. RG taunt not nearly as good when he's taunting for a dead ally.

Not that is makes a big diff, but increasing QGJ protection and damage might also be more helpful in raid than RG. For getting your next droid caller? RG stun doesn't do anything to Bosses. So he just absorbs maybe one extra hit, is all. RG seems to be useful in only the first stage of the Rancor, before Rancor starts to use marked for death?

It's a tough call. I don't think it matters too much. You need to upgrade them both, ASAP.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    I'll work on qgj since he benefits more from the added protection and the 40% potency boost
    mighty chlorians
  • Hey @reizse on your guild qgj goes gear 10 at 78. I have gear nine RG. Qgj is so good in all aspects and RG is a punching bag. Guild activities qgj is a star again
  • DarthCPA
    161 posts Member
    reizse wrote: »
    I'll work on qgj since he benefits more from the added protection and the 40% potency boost

What does QGJ's potency do? None of his attacks apply debuffs.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    DarthCPA wrote: »
    reizse wrote: »

What does QGJ's potency do? None of his attacks apply debuffs.

It helps him land TM removal more consistently.