[producer comment] 30th Here Now! Doubled Rewards will come eventually....

Prev1
zerizut
425 posts Member
edited April 2016
Sad to say it, but it's the 30th of April 06:45 a..m. local time on CET. Having done a complete client restart, there are NO "double rewards in Cantina". Hopefully it's again this really intelligent thing, that a start date given by developers means late night/ next day for most of the world and evening for Amercia. We will see.... :|
Post edited by zerizut on

Replies

• Lol what do you expect with time zones? 30th Pacific Time. Probably when they wake up and roll it out.
  • Probably waiting for more time zones
  • It's still the 29th for me 10:55 pm central time zone in America
  • CWsentinel
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Its only like 9pm on the 29th for CG so IF it goes live at midnight for them we got 3 hours but without any official word no one knows when the double rewards will kick in and all we can do is wait and watch the forums to see when it does.
  • timezones.gif

Here is a helpful image that might explain why they haven't been released at 9PM on a Friday night by the Dev team.

#devteamslivesmatter
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • It will go live tomorrow morning, Pacific time. I'll update Jesse's post.
  • I just tried it and here eastern standard and no double rewards? I wonder if it will kick in at 1 am when my time zone dailies reset?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    It will go live tomorrow morning, Pacific time. I'll update Jesse's post.

People have been asking about this for hours? What a waste of Cantina energy.
  • What does morning mean? 8 am pst?
  • Be patient, i'm always too late one day
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Thanks a lot! Is there a chance to get the schedule for the rest of the week in advance? It is a little bit troublesome to wait with the daily grind, until the american day starts.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Most of the world's population will have done all their farming and refreshes by the time the work day in Sacramento starts. It is possible to specify a date by adding "evening PST", they have done it before.

There is even the line drawn in the picture above that shows, when a new date starts for the world as such. Hint: It's not California.

There are literally (the actual "literally") billions of people in Asia. Many of their players will already have done their farming and energy refreshes by the time they pour in their first coffee in Sacramento.

And thank you CG_JohnSalera for proving my point and clearing this up.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I thought, based on literally every update CG have ever done in this game, that its a given it wont change at midnight. It will change California time. Its pretty much always been like that. I'd say thats your warning.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Think before you act and whine on forum.
  • Myzyri
    66 posts Member
    Its an American based game. It is logical that their clock runs based off of their regular business hours. Stop whining, the world doesn't revolve around YOU, regardless of your actual location on the planet.
  • It's an American game, and developed by a company based in CA - what do you expect? Want them to switch everything to GMT?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    CashFlow wrote: »
    It's an American game, and developed by a company based in CA - what do you expect? Want them to switch everything to GMT?

You see this self-centered nonsense on every game forum. I used to play a Korean game and Americans and Europeans would whine about when the updates were. I played a game from the UK and Americans complained that the updates came while they were still in bed.
    Everyone thinks the world revolves around them.
    Actually, now that I think about it, I have never seen anyone in Asian countries complain about the weird hours things happen to them for games based out of America or Europe. It's always Westerners (including Australia/NZ). Sorry, I am a westerner myself, but that's my observation. Heck, it's 1:30pm April 30 in Tokyo, see any people from Japan complaining?
    ETA: I do agree that it would be nice if every single thing here didn't require us to ask a thousand times when it was going to happen, but that's how they roll I guess...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    CashFlow wrote: »
    It's an American game, and developed by a company based in CA - what do you expect? Want them to switch everything to GMT?

They don't want them to switch anything, just give them some **** information. It's really not difficult to clarify 9 AM GMT -8 if that's when it's going live and they know it. Just saying "April 30th" is intentionally vague. Stop pretending people are being ridiculous in asking for clarification.
  • Baldo wrote: »

Seriously? That is your reply?

@CG_JohnSalera posted that on a Friday night after 9PM after a long week with a huge content patch. I too had a long week at work and there is no effing way I am doing anything work related at this time of the night.

@Baldo use some common sense that the dev team is on the west coast and the patch will drop most likely along with their standard work hours. Also, why are you wasting energy if you know it is coming? Patience padawan.
  • Harmonica wrote: »
    Baldo wrote: »

@CG_JohnSalera posted that on a Friday night after 9PM after a long week with a huge content patch. I too had a long week at work and there is no effing way I am doing anything work related at this time of the night.

@Baldo use some common sense that the dev team is on the west coast and the patch will drop most likely along with their standard work hours. Also, why are you wasting energy if you know it is coming? Patience padawan.

Common sense isn't so common
  • scootle
    237 posts Member

Man, that is one helluva non-answer if I've ever seen one. As vague as it gets. So I guess I'm supposed to gamble and give up my Cantina regen overnight if I want to hold onto my 100-refill tonight before reset?
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Myzyri
    66 posts Member
    scootle wrote: »

Man, that is one helluva non-answer if I've ever seen one. As vague as it gets. So I guess I'm supposed to gamble and give up my Cantina regen overnight if I want to hold onto my 100-refill tonight before reset?

Who said that you had to spend ALL of your cantina energy? Spend enough to be regenerating and not enough to blow your whole cantina...its NOT a difficult concept.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Do you even clock
  • What a bunch of children. Go to sleep kids. You'll get your bonus cantina event and Kool-Aid in the morning.
  • Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Harmonica wrote: »

Great picture, name and post combo.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Harmonica wrote: »

I did not waste energy i'm EST my reset hasn't even happened i'm talking about others from all over the world. @Sir_Whooty @Harmonica common sense says people have been asking about this for hours.
  • What a bunch of children. Go to sleep kids. You'll get your bonus cantina event and Kool-Aid in the morning.

Thumb is up.
  • Comon guys, this is an international game/franchise that ea and disney are pushing all over the world. This here is an international community. Stop with that country ****.

Some events are tied to the timezone, some or not. There may be technical reasons for that, but all we are asking for is some more information - that's it.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Comon guys, this is an international game/franchise that ea and disney are pushing all over the world. This here is an international community. Stop with that country ****.

Some events are tied to the timezone, some or not. There may be technical reasons for that, but all we are asking for is some more information - that's it.

+1
  • I am in edt, just reset the day. I filled cantina energy, Used it all simming the RG node. Double gold and cantina credits dropped, but only got 1 RG shard, out of a whole refresh. It did not drop double shards.

Guess I should have just assumed that the devs wouldn't get it right, they never do. Everything they release is bugged and doesn't work correctly. Sucks that I spent crystals and used all the energy already.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....