Targeting in Battles Doesn't Always Work

Sometimes I cannot target the units on the left side of the screen when there is another character in the way. No unit has taunt up either, so it's not that! I can easily select those on the right however. Thanks.

Replies

• Having the same problem once in a while. Sometimes I'm finding myself tapping like mad for minutes! :o
    Still can't figure it out why...
  • Thanks for pointing this out guys, I'll bring this up with the team to see what's going on. If you could, please provide me a list of units you were using, as well as the characters you were up against.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Same thing happened to me, can't remember the name but it was a jedi on the far left
  • Constantly happening with me too. Even against sand people as well.
  • Ive seen this as well, I can't confirm but it seems to happen only against Geonosian for me.
  • Happens every battle for me. Every single character
  • Every battle, have problems selecting second row of units.
  • For me, it only happens when a lightsaber from another character is blocking a clear view of the character I need to target.
  • Seems to not matter what team I'm using or the enemy team. It's random from what I can tell. The only thing I've noticed is it generally only impacts the ability to attack units in the "back row" or if they are obstructed by another character. Rarely it affects front row too like yesterday where I got stuck on the boss for a few rounds :(
  • I think if you just add a button to change available targets that will solve the issue. Tap on enemy profile circle or otherwise. Thanks!
  • I believe there are two distinct issues related to targeting.

1) Melee heroes can't target enemies too far away from them. This issue is just a lack of clarity on which heroes can target what. I believe ranged heroes can target anyone, regardless of position.

2) Some of the visuals of our own heroes overlays on top of the targeting area for foes. I've witnessed one that I can replicate and will try to get a screenshot if needed. It was Qui Gon's lightsaber being on the rightmost ally slot covering up a foe on the leftmost slot. No matter where I tapped, it seemed like I would always be trying to tap on his lightsaber instead of the foe. I'm not entirely convinced that was the issue others have described here, but seems the most likely. I'm sure there are other heroes that might cause it.
  • For me, even if i do target an enemy my units will just change the target and attack someone else entirely. Especially frustrating when i'm trying to focus down a healer and all my attackers are on their own mission to slay the ewok.
  • Same problem. It's made me 2* instead of 3* a few battles since I got stuck attacking the tank instead of getting to hit the weaker back rows
  • Donottrack
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This is a huge issue and occurs on all levels with all characters but is most detrimental in pvp because of the timer. On the other modes, if targeting is crucial I can take my time and not use auto play mode, but often this isn't feasible on arenas because there simply isn't enough time to do enough damage before the timer runs out.

If you can't immediately fix targeting (which frankly should be in the known issues sticky thread) then perhaps ad some time every time a character dies. I can't tell you how many times games have ended in draws because there simply isn't enough time for arenas and I can't use auto play to speed things along becomes they won't arrack the selected target. This is maddening.
  • It's happening to me right now in challenge vs boba fett. Can't target floating droid on right hand side.