Allies should be all guild members

Asic
1146 posts Member
Any thoughts on current ally system? We have Allies maxed at 35 but guilds are 50.

Could
-up ally number to 49 to match guild member count
-reduce guild members to 36 (no)
-make allies a higher number

Just makes no sense i can't make all my guild mates "allies".

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I would support guild size reduction.
  • Options
    Leave allies at 35 but let us use guild mates toons as well would be easier.
  • Options
    I agree with OP. I think the Ally list of 35 is too small. Your ally capacity should be at least 50. As far as reducing guild size: Well...you'd have to reduce the max health of the Rancor or whatever enemy is fought in raids, or a smaller guild would have a harder time defeating it. However, you COULD remedy that by allowing more character refreshes during a raid (hmm...just thinking out loud).
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Or you could communicate and put a request to your guild of what you actually have a need for....
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I don't really have a preference one way or another. Just current definition of ally does not compute versus guild mate.

Unless guilds really are a fight club like has been suggested by others. Then I would want none of my guild mates to be allies.
  • Options
    All guild members could automatically be "guild allies," plus we get another batch of regular non-guild allies, which we can use for inviting to the guild and borrowing for battles.
  • Options
    This is important because?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

@Mephisto_style

Thanks for asking for clarification. I think it's important because there is a mismatch between ally number and guild mate number. I am certain highly developed accounts don't care because they are indifferent to what borrowed toons they use for missions and challenges. I am in that boat as its all auto or sims. Developing accounts will care and it's a nice way for me to assist guild mates. Would be nice to match number to number.

Would you be able to provide any relevant opinion on why it shouldn't be so?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Asic wrote: »

Thanks for asking for clarification. I think it's important because there is a mismatch between ally number and guild mate number. I am certain highly developed accounts don't care because they are indifferent to what borrowed toons they use for missions and challenges. I am in that boat as its all auto or sims. Developing accounts will care and it's a nice way for me to assist guild mates. Would be nice to match number to number.

@Mephisto_style

I am desperately looking for constructive criticism.
  • Options
    Make members officers than let them invite their best alli's!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

@Mephisto_style

I am desperately looking for constructive criticism.

If you mean a second borrowed character, that would probably trivialize the battle
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    No no. Same current system on borrowed toons. I wouldn't suggest that. I just want to let all my guild mates be allies.
  • Options
    Seems tough to lower guild size since most are maxed or near 50. Up to 15 people would somehow have to be booted from each :(
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Allies to 50 so can include my guild mates
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Not just 35 of them