PSA

lunaluxxx
7 posts Member
edited April 2016
I've been seeing a lot of people being straight up RUDE to new players asking for help. Idk if you all forgot but that's what this forum is for & at one point you were new too.

If you see someone asking a question that's already been answered in a previous thread WHO CARES. Ignore it, there's no need to comment just to try & make them feel stupid for asking.

Get over yourself, it's not that hard to be nice.

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes! People should be free to ask anything without fear of being trolled.
    Welcome to the Forum! :)
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    sry :(
  • lunaluxxx wrote: »

And yet it actually HELPS newbies if you direct them towards the semi-obnoxious search function.
    It's even better when people say it nicely.
    Luckily I'm not one of them. :trollface:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    A *lot* of the info on here is very out of date. It could be very confusing for a new person to read posts from before the various patches and not realize how much the game has changed in just a couple of months.

Probably 90% of the advice threads are out of date, so at least warn newbies to check dates of posts.
  • wrilley wrote: »
    A *lot* of the info on here is very out of date. It could be very confusing for a new person to read posts from before the various patches and not realize how much the game has changed in just a couple of months.

Probably 90% of the advice threads are out of date, so at least warn newbies to check dates of posts.

How dare you post a helpful, thoughtful response in the Off Topic! B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    I did a full risk assessment including planning for multiple contingencies before posting.
  • lunaluxxx wrote: »

And yet it actually HELPS newbies if you direct them towards the semi-obnoxious search function.
    It's even better when people say it nicely.
    Luckily I'm not one of them. :trollface:

Right. IF they were directing them towards the search function.....

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    As the old adage goes...you can lead a rancor-beast to fodder...but you cant make him devour it. There WILL be bellowing, crushing claws and lots slamming and rage.
  • Who could be rude to lunaluxxx?!
  • Omg this topic has been created a thousand times on this forum. Use the search function before you post something :p