Maul vs. Dooku

SogoSoldier
1 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hey all! This will be my first post on these forums. I've been here for a week and just want to say that this has been a fun few weeks playing this game. I just gambled with the 4x chromium pack and got Darth Maul. I'll be gearing him up in the next few days and am wondering if I should switch my Dooku out for him. I'm currently sitting in 50-100 easily, and plan on moving up in the ranks soon. My current Arena lineup is as follows:
Lumi: 6* (7* in the matter of 3-4 days) Gear 7
JC: 5* Gear 8
Sid: 5* Gear 7
Boba: 4* Gear 7
Dooku: 3* Gear 7
All are at level 57, including Maul.
I hadn't planned on keeping Dooku in the lineup for too much longer as I plan on working on Phasma after maxing my Lumi. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• I'd rather use dooku over maul.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • You have a solid lineup but I wouldn't drop Dooku. Keep farming his shards everyday. If you can at least get him to 5 star by the time you reach endgame Dooku was and to a lesser extent in his current form one of the most powerful toons in the game. He has a lot of tools and is an excellent pairing with Phasmas leadership ability.

That being said Maul is a very..very awesome DPS but as you know very fragile. If you really want to use Maul you may be able to pull it off with 2 healers but most players will gun him down quickly making it a 4 vs 5 in the first turn. Dooku on the other hand is avoided till close to last or very last if the leader is Phasma.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    You have a solid lineup but I wouldn't drop Dooku. Keep farming his shards everyday. If you can at least get him to 5 star by the time you reach endgame Dooku was and to a lesser extent in his current form one of the most powerful toons in the game. He has a lot of tools and is an excellent pairing with Phasmas leadership ability.

That being said Maul is a very..very awesome DPS but as you know very fragile. If you really want to use Maul you may be able to pull it off with 2 healers but most players will gun him down quickly making it a 4 vs 5 in the first turn. Dooku on the other hand is avoided till close to last or very last if the leader is Phasma.

Who do you recommend me switching out for Phasma? I won't be putting her in for a fair amount of time, but I would like to have an idea now. I guess I'll save my purple gear then as far as Maul goes. Thanks for the help
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    The biggest advantage Dooku has over maul is Dooku keeps AOEers in check especially glass cannon type ones like Lando and IG-88
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!