Guilds overwhelming shards.

chuckwing
679 posts Member
For those of you in my shard, or shards with the same problem, I apologize... and feel your pain.

I have been finishing in the top 5 in my shard for months. Usually I would drop to anywhere from 10-17 (Lowest I can remember) before I climbed back up every day. Ever since the day after the guild update though, I have been dropping WAY farther down. 37, 42, 44. I still maintain getting top 5 daily, but now it costs a couple refreshes.

The BIG PROBLEM in my shard, and the one that I am almost certain that is causing this, is that there is one guild with about 30 players in the top 60 or so spots. Around half of the top 60 are in the same guild. Going to go out on a limb and guess that the guild mates don't attack each other very often, if at all. Something has to be done about this! This is a severe handicap for those of us in shards like this. If the % of top players were far less, it probably wouldn't even have caught my eye or even mattered nearly as much, but like I said earlier I counted 30 players on the same guild in the top 62 (to be exact).

There are other usual top finishers that I see around me in the 30's and 40's also. However, none are in that guild. At the current rate it costs me around 100 crystals each day, and multiple more arena battles, and I am sure many other players are affected the same way.

There has to be a way to break this up. 10 guys in the same guild in the top 50? Fine. But when half of the top players are working together, that can't be ignored.

Replies

• The top 50 has been battling each other for weeks/months and several ally requests later you have the formation of guilds created from ally lists. If that wasn't the case then it is inevitable that the most competitive will coalesce around each other and form guilds or recruit players of the same caliber... it happens in every game. The notion that it isn't fair or management should stop a conspiracy is wrong.

Lets assume that this particular guild is organized (after 6 days live) to the point where they control who attacks who - at least 3x a day to get their dailies in - and control the board positioning... they must have pretty solid teams to be able to do that without outsiders hopping in the mix. What is EA supposed to do??? If that were the case I say good on them ... they can use line or another app to communicate and coordinate.

Nobody is entitled to swim in the deep end.

For the record, I'm not in one of those guilds but manage to stay in the top 40 daily without spending shards for extra attacks.
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    @Hang_Solo Of course they have solid teams, they are at the top of rankings. The majority of them were there before guilds started. If you understand how a top 20 works, seldom to new teams enter it. Every so often one will come in, and either fizzle out or stay and someone drops.

Doesn't take a math genius to realize that that means anyone not in that guild is now getting attacked nearly twice as often, and those in the guild are getting attacked much less.

This is a handicap to anyone not in that guild. A HUGE ONE! That is not even something you can argue about.

This has nothing to do with swimming in the deep end. It has everything to do with what is fair to all. Nobody should have an unfair advantage like that over other people. It is bad for the game, bad for their business. Bad all around.
  • GenKillYou
    125 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Our guild has a LOT of members in our shard but plenty of people not in our guild get to #1. It looks like we dominate the top of the board, and we do. But we were there before, we just have a guild name under our tag now. I personally attack anybody whether they are in our guild or not, and my guild mates knock me back. Not saying guilds don't coordinate attacks, I'm sure they do but every guild is different.

The competition at the top got a lot tougher, especially with the precrafting. I watch people attack my team rather than the one above or below me because I didn't precraft. When I attack teams I try to go for those that didn't as I stand a better chance. Gear 8 against gear 10 is tough. Not to get off your original subject but if you didn't precraft it may be why you are being targeted more.