So I just bought the year-end bundle.

Replies

• Heronmar wrote: »
    And for the pack, I think that is due to how Apple and Google process app updates I might be mistaken but Google has a less strict approach rendering that platform able to push updates sooner so this might be the case with this pack as well.

I sincerely hope that's the case because I can't see any reason why they would intentionally lose out on potential revenue while simultaneously upsetting customers who might be ready to spend money.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    There is absolutely no doubt now that they are tinkering with prices to see what will sell. And for that much of a drop, also that people really did talk with their wallets.
    I don't use these characters, but at $3.60 even I am tempted, if nothing else it would speed up that challenge that only requires tanks. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nicks075 wrote: »
    Yeah that's me, are you the one with qui-gon as your leader by chance?

Nope, one of the Phasma teams. Generally a top 5 finisher, but it's getting tougher lately.
  • I was going to buy it but when I click to buy it still says 19.99 although in game it says sale for 3.60
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    SWGoH wrote: »
    I was going to buy it but when I click to buy it still says 19.99 although in game it says sale for 3.60

If true that is low!!! seriously low!!! I've not bothered
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that this was a temporary glitch for that lower price. If you managed to get the pack for the cheaper price well.....enjoy, it won't be taken away.

-Jesse
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    My receipt 3.84 after tax
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that this was a temporary glitch for that lower price. If you managed to get the pack for the cheaper price well.....enjoy, it won't be taken away.

-Jesse

How do we get a refund? I went to purchase the pack and was charged the $19
  • Barrok wrote: »
    My receipt 3.84 after tax

Hey I got ripped off, I paid 3.85, I demand my penny returned!!! :p
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • I assume the bundle in question is the one with the Royal Guard, Ewok and forget the third... Clone Trooper Sgt? Mine was at about 4.50$ CAD. Got it. I had all 3, gave me enough stuff to get them all to 4 stars
  • SWGoH wrote: »
    I was going to buy it but when I click to buy it still says 19.99 although in game it says sale for 3.60

That's a bummer, did you try closing the app and restarting the game?
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Lol someone in the office is the "glitch" huh ;)
    Hey Everyone,

-Jesse

Ok, cool for them :)

@EA_Jesse can you explain also why the pack is not on iOS? Is it going to show up eventually? Are there going to be differences like this offer in the future as well between platforms? Why are there differences?

Just super curious about that.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • what is with this game and its glitches costing me more money? so I just paid 16 bucks more for it then others.....yeah I consider that costing me money. this is getting extremely aggravating.
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

-Jesse

Lmoa and here I thought EA got some sense knocked into them. Way to go EA.
  • Any reason it isn't offered on ios?
    Hey Everyone,

-Jesse

Hi Jesse, no offense intended but how on earth is it a glitch when on the playstore itself it says:

"LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Upgrade your Snow Trooper, Royal Guard, Ewok Scout, and more when you get the Google Play Year End Deal bundle for 80% off!"

That means someone needed to put that text there.. intentionally..
  • Mine says $3.60 for the package. Click on it and it switches to $17.99. Gotta love EA
  • My thread discussing this bundle wasn't just closed, its been deleted :(
  • Jesse said the lower price was a glitch :\
  • I'm kinda regreting buying it now since I did just to show support for making the right decision, now it turns out the decision was a mistake. Enjoy the income on the mistake EA because its all your going to see with that bundle.
  • It just shows 19.99 for me despite the game saying 3.85
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Careful, folks. On my screen it says $3.60. Curious, I hit buy, it says it will be $17.99 taken from Google Play.
    I understand it's a glitch but having one price in the store and another actually charged is not good.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Notice the price advertised and then just as you complete the transaction in google wallet, the price changes. See the backdrop price when the wallet is open.
    http://imgur.com/a/BYjyn
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Careful, folks. On my screen it says $3.60. Curious, I hit buy, it says it will be $17.99 taken from Google Play.
    I understand it's a glitch but having one price in the store and another actually charged is not good.

Yeah some said that's what happened. I got lucky, I checked my receipt in my email and it was 3.85, I can't imagine how completely furious I would be if I lost 20 dollars on it.
  • Not possible for this to be a glitch. This was intentional by someone at the office. Someone just got in big trouble or is luaghing his azz off cuz he hasnt been cought yet.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It seems to me this is intended to be offered to new players for 80% off but it is messed up.
  • Crap like this is the reason I haven't spent a dime on the game since the 7-day crystal pack fiasco. $3.60 displayed in game, $17.99 shown in Google Pay. It's a bait and switch tactic and it's getting real old real fast. Surprised EA is still in business with the horrible reputation they have managed to achieve. This game sure as hell isn't helping to improve that image.
  • I went to buy because I felt this was actually a decent price.... On the confirmation screen the price was over $19.
  • D3M0N
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Says $17.99 for me... Restarted game and everything.... lol

Edit: just saw Jesse post about it being a glitch.... ****!