Dooku and Sideous aren't OP, but we do need anti-Sith

A lot of people complain about Dooku and Sid being OP. I think the problem is that they are anti-Jedi characters, and almost every team includes Jedi. Hopefully, we will start to see characters such as Jango Fett, Grievous, battle droids, more clones, etc.. This should weaken Dooku and Sid, as their strength is killing Jedi, and as more non-Jedi characters get introduced they will become less and less useful. However, I also think it is weird that no anti-Sith characters exist. There are anti-Jedi, anti-droid, anti-Rebel, anti-Empire, and more. Basically every faction has characters that it is weak to except the Sith. Hopefully, Jedi Luke, Yoda, and Young Obi-Wan will be anti-Sith. Also, people complain about Mace Windu being one of the most powerful Jedi in the movies, yet one of the weakest in GoH. Since he defeated Palpatine, perhaps he could be given anti-Sith abilities. Thoughts?

Replies

• Sith are weak to virtually every faction due to low health, high attack strategies. There are no Sith healers and the closest thing they have to a tank is Savage Oppress. Maul, Dooku and Sidious have specific attack uses but are all easily focused and wiped rapidly due to low health.
  • First Order wipes both off the map. All you need is a counter to Dooku's counter. This may be a problem for new players but as players level and and new characters this problem fades.
  • If anybody gets anti-sith it should probably be Mace Windu who is basically specialized his fighting style into one perfect for killing sith...he even wrecked palpatine who does not exactly seem to lose to anyone...
  • No anti sith is needed, they are already fine the way they are, only thing that may need a slight adjustment is sid. Other than that i dont think anyone is particularly complaining about the need for anti-sith because they are pretty easy to deal with.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    People who complain about Sid and Dooku being OP, are exactly like the people who complained about Barriss being OP... imho they have not played the game far enough or deep enough to realise there are so many strategies to deal with them... or if I'm being more cynical.. too lazy to figure it out!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I think mace windu is too op, 700 damage per hit for legendary jedi best swordsman is too much to bear, maybe next time we should take off his light saber and let him use only fist and kick or change his second skill from smite to spit to his enemy.

Oh, and please dont forget to buff sid more cause 5 dodge in a row is, well, quite too low for me.

Dooku is nothing, he is just a guy who attack 3-4 times when other attack once. What is wrong with that?
  • @Sakichan you realize that buff to sid was done to prevent jedi counter teams and tbh it was needed. Maybe you should have a more balanced team instead of having all jedis. The only thing that needs to be fixed on sid is to remove that 40% damage increase to his AOE. I use it and i admit its pretty stupid they buffed. As for dooku, hes pretty easy to deal with.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Wispsi wrote: »
    If anybody gets anti-sith it should probably be Mace Windu who is basically specialized his fighting style into one perfect for killing sith...he even wrecked palpatine who does not exactly seem to lose to anyone...

Not that I disagree with buffing Mace, but upon watching RotS a few times it's pretty clear to me that Palpatine "lost" that fight on purpose.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • @Sakichan you realize that buff to sid was done to prevent jedi counter teams and tbh it was needed. Maybe you should have a more balanced team instead of having all jedis. The only thing that needs to be fixed on sid is to remove that 40% damage increase to his AOE. I use it and i admit its pretty stupid they buffed. As for dooku, hes pretty easy to deal with.

I agree with you, either raise his damage or evasion but not both.

When they buff a toon who is already be used by everyone by increase 40% damage and 35% more evasion i think oh man, what were they thinking, too much vodka or something worse than that. Maybe too much steroid when they work on balancing it, maybe they just won a lottery or recieved a 24 month bonus. Nerfing on barriss is something i agreed on, but on the other side buffing sid is something i woul call nonsense and stupid.

And again, i agree with you that nowadays dooku isn't a problem, yet.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Wispsi wrote: »
    If anybody gets anti-sith it should probably be Mace Windu who is basically specialized his fighting style into one perfect for killing sith...he even wrecked palpatine who does not exactly seem to lose to anyone...

Not that I disagree with buffing Mace, but upon watching RotS a few times it's pretty clear to me that Palpatine "lost" that fight on purpose.

Fair enough and at the end definitely but I guess I saw and know of nothing to suggest that he ever would have been able to beat Mace in a fight. pure speculation in the end though :D cannot know everything for certains lol.
  • Wildcats1203
    781 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    So I guess I'm alone on the anti-Sith thing. I agree that Sith aren't OP currently, but I still think that if everybody has a specific weakness except the Sith, they should get one. Side note, I hope they add Darth Plagueris. I probably didn't spell that right, but he could create life according to Palpatine, so he could be the Dark Side healer.
  • So I guess I'm alone on the anti-Sith thing. I agree that Sith aren't OP currently, but I still think that if everybody has a specific weakness except the Sith, they should get one. Side note, I hope they add Darth Plagueris. I probably didn't spell that right, but he could create life according to Palpatine, so he could be the Dark Side healer.

Actually i'm with you about the anti-sid things. And yes the sith aren't that powerful, generally they are easy to kill.

But at least, please buff mace windu to be the same level ,if not better, than most sith cause it annoy me everytime i look at master windu and wow, this legendary jedi is as good as ewok scout.
  • Mace Windu is definately underwhelming to say the least. Sidious his AoE doesn't deal insane dmg, highest crit I have is 2100 and I have him at 60 max gear (rank 6 tho^^).
    I've seen others crit harder on AoE like a darth maul.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Sid is really only an issue with Jedi teams. Sadly jedi is what quite a few have because some of they key characters are easy to farm or were sold in the packs. Kind of devalues those packs as it almost forces you away from jedi to avoid the annoyance that is fighting sidiass with jedi. Against non jedi he really isn't all that, he can be focused down. Lore wise I never read anything that indicates he was such a "badass" yes he was a sneaky scheming **** but absolutely nothing to support he should be so good fighting specifically against jedi. yes he took down the jedi order, but not through use of his personaly fighting skills but through careful planning, patience and the support of a crap load of clone troopers.
  • Anti-Sith is pointless.
  • Lokai wrote: »
    Sid is really only an issue with Jedi teams. Sadly jedi is what quite a few have because some of they key characters are easy to farm or were sold in the packs. Kind of devalues those packs as it almost forces you away from jedi to avoid the annoyance that is fighting sidiass with jedi. Against non jedi he really isn't all that, he can be focused down. Lore wise I never read anything that indicates he was such a "badass" yes he was a sneaky scheming **** but absolutely nothing to support he should be so good fighting specifically against jedi. yes he took down the jedi order, but not through use of his personaly fighting skills but through careful planning, patience and the support of a crap load of clone troopers.

Lore wise, he is regarded as the most powerful Sith ever (Darth Bane was acknowledged in Clone Wars TV show, hence the rule of 2) and that is canon as well. He might not have been the best duelist, nor the best force user but overall he was the most powerful.

That being said, I also do believe that neither Dooku nor Sid are OP perhaps a 5% decrease for the dodge rating on Sid against Jedi could be fine tuning. The problem with everyone using them is due to some other characters being lackluster, buff others rather than nerfing these 'OP' and then 'We shall have peace'.
  • Yes, Mace 'mofu' Windu buff, this mofu need to be the bad **** mofu he's intended to be. Also change his skill name to 'Vapaad mofu!'
    Sid is really only an issue with Jedi teams. Sadly jedi is what quite a few have because some of they key characters are easy to farm or were sold in the packs.

Exactly. Jedi is by far the easiest synergy to farm, which is why more diversity would balance Sid better than any nerf.
  • Sidious is easily to counter either with Skywalker or Secura as a leader. Doku, just use Daka to stun his ****.
    Sid is really only an issue with Jedi teams. Sadly jedi is what quite a few have because some of they key characters are easy to farm or were sold in the packs.

Exactly. Jedi is by far the easiest synergy to farm, which is why more diversity would balance Sid better than any nerf.

How are the jedi easiest synergy to farm? You can only get Lumi from GW and JC from cantina farming and lastly Eeth Koth from arena (cantina shipment is incredibly slow 5 per day), any other method is just soul-crushingly slow . This is comparable to most other synergies out there by farming speed, if anything droid squad is the easiest to farm, and even a team of Lumi/JC/Eeth Koth/Ahsoka don't have the best synergy other than being just Jedi.
  • pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Lokai wrote: »

How are the jedi easiest synergy to farm? You can only get Lumi from GW and JC from cantina farming and lastly Eeth Koth from arena (cantina shipment is incredibly slow 5 per day), any other method is just soul-crushingly slow . This is comparable to most other synergies out there by farming speed, if anything droid squad is the easiest to farm, and even a team of Lumi/JC/Eeth Koth/Ahsoka don't have the best synergy other than being just Jedi.

Ahsoka and Jedi Guardian are available in the Cantina shipments. That is a full team available just in shipments. 4 others are available from farming hard missions and cantina missions.

Compare this to droids. HK-47 and IG-88 are available in Arena Shipments and IG-86 is available in GW Shipments. Magnaguard is only available in hard missions.
  • How about sith having anti-sith abilities? Sidious did kill his master and Vader killed Sidious...
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    How about sith having anti-sith abilities? Sidious did kill his master and Vader killed Sidious...
    That would be interesting. It'd also be good because the Sith have anti-Jedi abilities, so giving Jedi anti-Sith abilities would really just cancel both out.