Greedo's Special

I just acquired Greedo (2*) and leveled him up to Lvl 39. His basic attack is great, but his Thermal Detonator special seems lame -- it takes a long time to do damage, and the damage has consistently been 25-30% of his regular attack on each person. Does this change as he gets more stars and Lvls up the Thermal Detonator special? Is there something I'm missing on how to use him effectively?

Replies

• detonators wont kill people just like DOT's too =(
  • Yeah, his thermal detonator attack sucks. I picked him up in the dark side starter pack. His main attack is pretty good, but I didn't bother trying to level up his secondary attack and never use it. Only time he uses it is on auto and it's usually a wasted attack. Can come in handy in GW though when you are trying not to kill that last character for cool downs and heals.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • It does deal more damage at higher level. I find it effective against teams with Barriss, more often than not it hits right before her equaliser heal and will cause her teams health to fall a bit more. It's also an attack that doesn't set off Dooku's counter, useful if Greedo is low on health and you don't think he will kill Dooku with his hit(s). Though I do wish auto didn't throw it first thing.

• Oohreallyfool
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The auto and greedo don't get along, "it's a grenade,!!" Greedo gets the grenade out of his hands quickly.
  • I used to think so too but I'm pretty sure now that the skill does a percentage of damage based on how much current health the target has. So the more health an enemy has the more damage it will do, kinda like the Demi spell in Final Fantasy I guess. I've seen it do quite a bit of damage to full health characters. That's why I believe it doesn't kill
  • No it doesn't kill but will take someone down to zero. or one?
  • I have Greedo 6* gear8. AOE attack still sucks bigtime. As mentioned above, the only real use is when he is low on energy and you don't want to trigger a counter from Dooku. Defensively in Arena this is a massive drawback.

Im F2P though and still love Greedo. His main attack is killer especially when combined with Phasma and other players that call in assists.