What level were you when you got Vader?

I'm at 55/80 shards, and I'm worried that if I don't get him soon I'll have a DS team full of 5* and he won't really be relevant.

Replies

• I think it was around 43-45 for me. I'm level 60 now and apart from being slightly useful in DS and GW, he is irrelevant if you can't star him up.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Just got him two days ago at 57. Atm he's levelled at 52 and with gear IV on he's 2881 power. Main attack's a bit weak though for me compared to my levelled up characters, but he's not too far off some 5* gear VII characters in terms of power. It'll be a while before I see him at 5* though :-(
  • Can he be started up? I thought the only way to get his shards was through achievements, and there were only enough to get him to 5*.
  • yeah until you get him starred up he won't be all that useful.......so maybe in a year we'll have enough achievments to get him to 7 stars? probably not quite that long but its going to be a LONG time :(
  • I've been using him in arena...but I'm running an aoe team...and mostly using him because Vader lol. Even at 4*, he is pretty decent. But I didn't spend on chromium packs either.... All my toons are farmable
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think it was around 43-45 for me. I'm level 60 now and apart from being slightly useful in DS and GW, he is irrelevant if you can't star him up.

Depends on your team and your opponent... along with sidious and HK-47 against a moderately heavy jedi team... his culling blade still offers a lot even at 4star... This primarily because you can put theoretically 10 debuffs on a single or more jedi (4 debuffs from HK and 3 each from both Vader and Sidious (including healing immunity))... This will down even Barriss

In answer to the OP, I got my vader in my mid 40s
    Post edited by Skye on
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Skye wrote: »
    I think it was around 43-45 for me. I'm level 60 now and apart from being slightly useful in DS and GW, he is irrelevant if you can't star him up.

Depends on your team and your opponent... along with sidious and HK-47 against a moderately heavy jedi team... his culling blade still offers a lot even at 4star... This primarily because you can put theoretically 10 debuffs on a single or more jedi (4 debuffs from HK and 3 each from both Vader and Sidious (including healing immunity))... This will down even Barriss

Omg how did u get him so quickly? I'm currently lv 55 and I'm still 15 shards away :(
  • Just got him today at Lv. 57. :)
  • Supposedly there are players that got him in a card pack.
  • Level 60
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Feng wrote: »

Omg how did u get him so quickly? I'm currently lv 55 and I'm still 15 shards away :(

Primarily from promoting characters' star ranks and having bought a couple of chromium 8 packs meant I had a leg up on character unlocks. and then specifically farming characters I was very close to unlocking even if they were useless characters..

The biggest boosts came from character unlock achivements, they go all the way up to 23 dark side unlocks and 23 light side unlocks. Also the achivement for promoting 50 characters gives a significant number of shards
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I got Vadar in the early 50s and used him a lot. Combined with Sidious his DoTs and 3rd skill which does massive damage if target has multiple negative status effects can be very damaging indeed.

Yes his primary attack skill is weak (about the same as Kylo's) but the no dodge and ability block are very useful.

He has huge HPs for a 4* too which is another reason I felt it was easy to use him. Definitely has a place in some lineups.

That said, I have recently removed him from my pvp lineup in place of Phasma who is now my leader along with Sid, Lumi, Kylo and Dooku.

• Avoid leveling up Vader because he seem like a gimp. Tier 3 challenge and he barely move a health bar on my level 50's.

EA made Sid overpower and neglected Vader... Just wait until they balance Vader. Right now hes pretty useless imo.

• lvl 57 for me
  • Lvl.55
    He is still lvl.1
    There is no place for him in my sniping Team.
  • 54, and still missing 2 shards. Tho he is nowhere close to a priority for me.
  • If fast play like 2 month reach lvl 60 then get Vader right after reaching at lvl 60
    If slow play then more shipment purchase and character unlock get sooner

I get it lvl 60
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I will unlock him tonight just need 5 shards from smuggle Arena shipment achievement.

I'm lv57

You get extra 3 shards from Dooku pack
    Sometime you get his shard from completed GW
    Otherwise from open pack and achievement
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Feng wrote: »

Primarily from promoting characters' star ranks and having bought a couple of chromium 8 packs meant I had a leg up on character unlocks. and then specifically farming characters I was very close to unlocking even if they were useless characters..

The biggest boosts came from character unlock achivements, they go all the way up to 23 dark side unlocks and 23 light side unlocks. Also the achivement for promoting 50 characters gives a significant number of shards

Oh I see.. Seems good to buy the chromium pack sometimes haha! However I'm still a fully F2p player so I Guess I will continue farm him! :)
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I just hit level 52 and I am one shard away from having him. My next Achievement is in 6 Arena battles so I will have him tomorrow.
  • Xyo
    52 posts Member
    925-327-551
  • Just got him.. Level 54. Time to level him up.. Although I am enjoying Boba Fett and Darth Maul lol Gotta work Vader into the mix now
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Lvl 59 and I still need 3 shards.
    At least that's convenient.
  • I see a lot of 57s.

57 here too
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING