Show the total amount of money spend in the arena

Jsnazz
349 posts Member
edited December 2015
I always have admiration for those that got to top 10 without spending a dime and even more so if EA let us see how much the top 10 had spend next to their name :smiley:

Replies

• Sounds terrible.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • i got positions 2,3,5,10 in the last week only spent $5
  • Sounds terrible.
    why its terrible?
    Maybe cover the money spend like a spoiler tag until we click it. Oh the anticipation !
  • If it is released before the battle like the power rating you'll know not to verse them as they will have stronger heroes.

It will only increase the tension between f2p and p2w players.

It is probably illegal to release that information to other players. I wouldn't want people knowing how much I had spent.
  • If you want to know how much people have spent then you can ask forum members nicely if they would tell you. It is completely their choice whether they tell you or not or even tell the truth though.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    Sounds terrible.
    why its terrible?
    Maybe cover the money spend like a spoiler tag until we click it. Oh the anticipation !

Cause it creates privacy issues. Financial expenditure is often deemed private and confidential information...

Disclosing such information also leaves people potentially vulnerable to internet crime (sorry filter didn't like the other word). Unless you been under a rock the past couple of years, the leakage of financial details by several very big companies like Sony etc caused a massive concern over private data
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Also when a new player checks the top 100 and sees that number one has spent however many thousands of dollars it will put them off of playing, which is bad for EA's business.

So basically, it sounds terrible.
  • Jsnazz wrote: »
    I always have admiration for those that got to top 10 without spending a dime and even more so if EA let us see how much the top 10 had spend next to their name :smiley:

Such pettiness, I rank in top 10 and spent 15$ in total (Dooku+7daysub+Ewok pack). This thread should be closed as it serves no purpose.

• A bad idea all around. Easy way to spot big spenders. 6-7* Chrome pack exclusive characters. We have no business knowing money spent, or team composition for that matter, before entering the arena matches.
  • my highest was rank #2, many times. I just spent 5€ on dooku. AI is pretty lame, but I hope they dont boost it lol
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    OP it is their choice if they spend money in this game and EA encourage people to spend money. It is also illegal to disclose such information to the public. Terrible idea
  • F2p players are very competitive to p2p players right now, the cap allowed you guys to catch up. But once they release the level cap you will soon find the gap between non spenders and spenders to be huge. At that point it will be extremely hard to creep into the top 20 of a server without spending any money.
  • I spent $5 on dooku and have been 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st and now probably 2nd today. Our top player has 7* qui gon 7* dearth maul and 7* Leia so must have spent a pretty penny.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Are you dumb? If you're serious I'm sure you are, that'd be a great way for EA to receive a rain of lawsuits.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Innsane wrote: »
    I spent $5 on dooku and have been 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st and now probably 2nd today. Our top player has 7* qui gon 7* dearth maul and 7* Leia so must have spent a pretty penny.

good for you but then people have to realized. Each server are difference, so your rank have nothing to do with mine.
  • I feel on average f2p players like to boast more and complain about other players more =(.
  • Song wrote: »
    Innsane wrote: »
    I spent $5 on dooku and have been 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st and now probably 2nd today. Our top player has 7* qui gon 7* dearth maul and 7* Leia so must have spent a pretty penny.

good for you but then people have to realized. Each server are difference, so your rank have nothing to do with mine.

Yea I know this from experience I have a 2nd account I have spent about $100 on and I can't break the top 20 on that server, normally in the 30-50 range.
  • Cheers for the replies and to those who think I'm serious, the answer is nope.

If you didn't get the hidden message about the spoiler tag aka privacy issues, you're a bit slow.

Oh oh I have a brilliant suggestion. How about putting a spoiler tag, the owner get to consent if they want to reveal their spending and they get to charge player certain amount of crystal to get a sneak peak?

MhMmm the anticipation !
  • Just show the number of crystals they've spent. No privacy breach there. It's just a measure of experience in the game (whether they bought the experience or not).

The problem is, this is a _competitive_ leaderboard situation that is 100% driven by investment until level cap where, over time, it can begin to come together (as others have posted). What does happen when the level cap raises? Pay-to-win again.

Simple really.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This forum need a +1 button :smile:

I predict it will happen after a few weeks when the developers read this thread.

Ohhh the anticipation
  • Lmao.....yall just got trolled
  • This thread isn't serious right? Is no one aware of the data protection act?
  • AbysmalDarkside
    316 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Anyone who spent money are all a bunch of losers though in all reality. F2P players rule regardless, If all the characters were available to F2P players we would destroy players who paid to win even more then currently.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This thread isn't serious right? Is no one aware of the data protection act?

Serious or not.. The thread is one of the most short sighted suggestions I have seen here, or just simply someone is trolling.

Either way.. Data protection act applies in certain areas of Europe, (mostly EU countries)... Data protection laws in certain Asian countries aren't even close to those in Europe, they're only just starting to catch up with internet privacy issues and data protection... I don't know about the States themselves... like I stated earlier... Sony got into a deep doo doo when they got hacked a few years back and credit data was stolen... Then the EU fined them for not upping their security procedures.. Not too familiar with the legal details over what happened... All I do know was the fine was laughable for a company like Sony, and more like a tap on the wrist, "don't do that again" sort of thing

Regardless different laws everywhere, and most of them would result in the EA being fined heavily for disclosing any form of private data outside of governmental requirements by the States and other places in which they have regional offices.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • You should just know how much money someone's invested by looking at their team. Anyways does it even matter?