Finding the sweet spot!!!

ioniancat21
2091 posts Member
edited May 2016
I've seen plenty of conversations concerning Raids and unlocking Tiers. Many teams feel left out on the higher Tiers that are very expensive to unlock and I too hate that the game was designed in a fashion where purely hard work and planning don't yield the best results.

I have been thinking about the system we've been given and I've come to realize that it may be better for most to raid lower Tiers more often as compared to higher Tiers that your Guild may only be able to unlock 1-2 times a week. The prize quantity doesn't increase exponentially to Tier level so finishing a higher Tier will cost your Guild more but the rewards received in return will not be equally larger, so cost outweighs rewards.

With that said, it looks like T5 is the sweet spot in my view; not too little rewards but not too much effort to unlock. If you go to T6, many well formed, mature guilds will only be able to raid maybe twice a week if lucky whereas T5 can be unlocked like every other day. I'd like sticking around the T5 region so that way, every member in the guild can rotate the top spots 4 times a week and in a month, many on the team could have had the opportunity to place high and get rewards. A second thought is that now your Guild members aren't broken game wise so they can still contribute some credits to the Guild, while not having to totally abandon farming and other personal pursuits.

Playing this Rancor Raid is almost like playing Arena. Sure there are more crystals being Top 10 but in the end, it may be easier to just coast in the 101-200 position and get your 800 Arena tokens, a few less crystals, but much less headaches holding position....

Let's brainstorm everyone, this is what we should be thinking about. The rewards at the top tiers are only bragging rights, not gear for your teammates, scratch that, friends in your Guild. Isn't it better to have a cohesive team of players who enjoy each others company and feel satisfied with their rewards rather than having a group of winners and losers with and without gear.

Comments???

Replies

• Kabal
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    We've done 3 so far. We started with Tier 5, ran a quick Tier 4, and went back to 5. We haven't attempted anything higher yet, which I'm happy about, as I have a small squad that I've slowly been getting up to 7*, but have a lot that are sitting at 4*. 5 is the sweet spot for me as well, and I hope we stay there for a while.
  • Problem with T5 is, my guild can beat it in a few hours which means several people in the guild may not have a chance to participate. And if you don't participate they don't share in the rewards.

We are on day 3 of T6 and probably won't beat it until tomorrow morning (we are really close). So in your system we wouldn't have a sweet spot.

I'm not going to complain because I like the raids. But If I were going to change something ( besides loot and having to compete against guild members) I would make T5 a little more difficult.
  • We arranged a pretty decent competitive f2p guild. No big restrictions other than being f2p and being very active. We started all the way with a 6, that took 4 days to complete, and have started with t5. We are going to alternate 5s and 6s until we can consistently do a 6 every couple of days. You know, you don't have to find a sweet "spot" or stick to one tier, you can alternate every now and then to match your earned coins and what your guild enjoys more doing.

On top of that, the leader and officers of the guild proposed that in some of the t5 raids, the people who got the top positions in the t6 refrain from doing serious damage (send a fun low level squad to get the lower rewards). In that way, the people that did the worst in t6 will get better prizes from t5, and we will all get geared slightly faster. If you can get to the top positions in t6, you will get much better stuff, so you won't try to "trick" anything, while the people that don't have a wide enough roster still get some decent prizes to get up to speed asap. On top of that, even selfishly, the faster the lower people gear up, the faster we can start doing t6 every two days, which in the end benefits everyone.

It just requires a bit of time and commitment. We all agreed to that and it's on course, working pretty well.
  • IonianCat makes a good point. It shouldn't be about the rewards, it should be about the teamwork.

The only downside to tier 5 is that the heavy hitters can take it down on a few hours. We're about halfway through t6 and I think it's leaving some of the smaller guys in the dust.

If the cap stays at 80 for a few months it'll help all guild members bolster their rosters and give everyone the chance to add some depth.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    It's nice to see solutions. Most of us will not be doing T7s every day so it's great to develop strategy through conversation here...
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Problem with T5 is, my guild can beat it in a few hours which means several people in the guild may not have a chance to participate. And if you don't participate they don't share in the rewards.

We are on day 3 of T6 and probably won't beat it until tomorrow morning (we are really close). So in your system we wouldn't have a sweet spot.

I'm not going to complain because I like the raids. But If I were going to change something ( besides loot and having to compete against guild members) I would make T5 a little more difficult.

@Z_Cavaricci ............I like your name!!! I used to wear those and Girbaud jeans back in the 90s....