Royal Guard needs a slight adjustment

Prev1
I'm not even saying this because I think he's horribly overpowered or anything, but if no one else in the game can use an ability while stunned or ability blocked RG shouldn't be able to either.

I thought it was a glitch but it's happened twice. They need to make this fix because it doesn't make sense for a stunned or ability blocked toon to use an ability.

Replies

  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Do they ever stop?
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Nope.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    He loses a turn.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I doubt they will "adjust" a character they just "adjusted".

    I am thinking this came up in one of their meetings, and is WAI.
  • Actually you are wrong. A lot of passive abilities still work while stunned. Savage still gains offense up and turn meter while stunned. Dooku does not counter, but he does gain the turn meter he would have gained if he did. Basically if the passive doesn't involve attacking it still works.
  • Leekep
    9 posts Member
    It's a passive ability just like phasma's leader ability. It makes perfect sense it would still work.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    What do you mean nobody else can use an ability? Savage's armor up goes off if he's stunned, Boba fetts/HK revive goes off, Poe's resist heal goes off, what the hell are you smoking dude? EVERYONE ELSES ABILITY IN THE GAME GOES OFF WHEN STUNNED. Even Sid/lumi evades when stunned! Before the devs go changing the way entire game mechanics work they should probably focus on the ones that don't.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    Do they ever stop?

    No, they don't :neutral:

    If stun was changed to lock out passive abilities, that would have to include Kylo Ren's ability reset, Sidious' heal regen on enemy death, Daka's revive (her passive ability, not the group heal+revive), Barriss' debuff remover, and so on - all of which are passive abilities that activate on a predetermined trigger.

    This would make stun ridiculously overpowered.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Stun is very effective the way it is.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Taunting is an active skill. Turn meter gains, defense up, offense up etc are passive skills.

    Something used on opponents is an active skill. That's why everyone else has to actually use taunt. But I guess it would nerf the character too badly and defeat the purpose if it was an active skill. But to use an ability on opponents while stunned makes no sense to me.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    I think he needs more health.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Dooku could use a little more dodge now that you mention it.
  • scuba
    12101 posts Member
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    +1 We do not need Luminaras everywhere.
  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    Baldo wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    +1 We do not need Luminaras everywhere.

    Too late!
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    Other peoples' unique skills are passive skills, not an active skill for everyone else that uses it turned into a passive skill.

    5's can't counter when he's stunned. Why? Because shooting someone is an active skill.
  • scuba
    12101 posts Member
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    Other peoples' unique skills are passive skills, not an active skill for everyone else that uses it turned into a passive skill.

    5's can't counter when he's stunned. Why? Because shooting someone is an active skill.

    Read what I wrote. I never mentioned or used the word stun. All characters including 5's that have a counter attack unique can counter when ability blocked .
  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    Other peoples' unique skills are passive skills, not an active skill for everyone else that uses it turned into a passive skill.

    5's can't counter when he's stunned. Why? Because shooting someone is an active skill.

    Counter essentially activates your basic attack, and basic attacks can't be used while stunned. Passive abilities are their own unique ability - again, you'd be ok with stun stopping the passives of Kylo Ren, Barriss, Sidious, Daka, etc. from activating?

  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Taunting is an active skill. Turn meter gains, defense up, offense up etc are passive skills.

    Something used on opponents is an active skill. That's why everyone else has to actually use taunt. But I guess it would nerf the character too badly and defeat the purpose if it was an active skill. But to use an ability on opponents while stunned makes no sense to me.

    You're confused. Active skills are skills which require manual input. Passive skills are skills that do not require manual input. Your definition of passive and active skills is different from the dictionary's definition and the logic used in mmos and mobas.
  • Klocko
    992 posts Member
    Think about it. He's a highly trained Elite Bodyguard. Throwing himself in harm's way is second nature and just happens. Other taunters have to think about it for a second, thus a used turn for them and not for RG.
  • scuba
    12101 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    Think about it. He's a highly trained Elite Bodyguard. Throwing himself in harm's way is second nature and just happens. Other taunters have to think about it for a second, thus a used turn for them and not for RG.

    Awsome description for RG. They should change it in game!
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    Other peoples' unique skills are passive skills, not an active skill for everyone else that uses it turned into a passive skill.

    5's can't counter when he's stunned. Why? Because shooting someone is an active skill.

    Counter essentially activates your basic attack, and basic attacks can't be used while stunned. Passive abilities are their own unique ability - again, you'd be ok with stun stopping the passives of Kylo Ren, Barriss, Sidious, Daka, etc. from activating?

    Again, taunt is an active ability for everyone else, they/player has to activate it. Passives are abilities that just happen naturally, no one ever has to active them, they happen on their own.

    They took an active ability and made it a passive for one toon. That's my issue with it. I'm not even saying he's overpowered, that just doesn't make sense.
  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    Other peoples' unique skills are passive skills, not an active skill for everyone else that uses it turned into a passive skill.

    5's can't counter when he's stunned. Why? Because shooting someone is an active skill.

    Counter essentially activates your basic attack, and basic attacks can't be used while stunned. Passive abilities are their own unique ability - again, you'd be ok with stun stopping the passives of Kylo Ren, Barriss, Sidious, Daka, etc. from activating?

    Again, taunt is an active ability for everyone else, they/player has to activate it. Passives are abilities that just happen naturally, no one ever has to active them, they happen on their own.

    They took an active ability and made it a passive for one toon. That's my issue with it. I'm not even saying he's overpowered, that just doesn't make sense.

    Debuff removal is an active ability for Ackbar and a passive ability (albeit, with limited application) for Barriss. At this point you're just stubbornly picking on RG because you can't out-play the people who use one.
  • scuba
    12101 posts Member
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    Other peoples' unique skills are passive skills, not an active skill for everyone else that uses it turned into a passive skill.

    5's can't counter when he's stunned. Why? Because shooting someone is an active skill.

    Counter essentially activates your basic attack, and basic attacks can't be used while stunned. Passive abilities are their own unique ability - again, you'd be ok with stun stopping the passives of Kylo Ren, Barriss, Sidious, Daka, etc. from activating?

    Again, taunt is an active ability for everyone else, they/player has to activate it. Passives are abilities that just happen naturally, no one ever has to active them, they happen on their own.

    They took an active ability and made it a passive for one toon. That's my issue with it. I'm not even saying he's overpowered, that just doesn't make sense.

    You are wanting to change 2 things.

    One is activation while stunned and the other is activation while ability blocked.

    If ability block can stop RG taunt, it should then also stop counter attacks and other unique abilities. Why does it need to be specific to RG unique?
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    Hedgehog wrote: »

    Debuff removal is an active ability for Ackbar and a passive ability (albeit, with limited application) for Barriss. At this point you're just stubbornly picking on RG because you can't out-play the people who use one.

    Never said I had any issue with RG, or even said he was overpowered. All I said was that I saw something happen twice and didn't think it made sense. Didn't even say it caused me to lose a fight.

  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    Other peoples' unique skills are passive skills, not an active skill for everyone else that uses it turned into a passive skill.

    5's can't counter when he's stunned. Why? Because shooting someone is an active skill.

    Counter essentially activates your basic attack, and basic attacks can't be used while stunned. Passive abilities are their own unique ability - again, you'd be ok with stun stopping the passives of Kylo Ren, Barriss, Sidious, Daka, etc. from activating?

    Again, taunt is an active ability for everyone else, they/player has to activate it. Passives are abilities that just happen naturally, no one ever has to active them, they happen on their own.

    They took an active ability and made it a passive for one toon. That's my issue with it. I'm not even saying he's overpowered, that just doesn't make sense.

    You are wanting to change 2 things.

    One is activation while stunned and the other is activation while ability blocked.

    If ability block can stop RG taunt, it should then also stop counter attacks and other unique abilities. Why does it need to be specific to RG unique?

    Because RG is overpowered wah wah wah

    >.<
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Ability block does not stop any other unique ability so why should it stop RG unique?

    Other peoples' unique skills are passive skills, not an active skill for everyone else that uses it turned into a passive skill.

    5's can't counter when he's stunned. Why? Because shooting someone is an active skill.

    Counter essentially activates your basic attack, and basic attacks can't be used while stunned. Passive abilities are their own unique ability - again, you'd be ok with stun stopping the passives of Kylo Ren, Barriss, Sidious, Daka, etc. from activating?

    Again, taunt is an active ability for everyone else, they/player has to activate it. Passives are abilities that just happen naturally, no one ever has to active them, they happen on their own.

    They took an active ability and made it a passive for one toon. That's my issue with it. I'm not even saying he's overpowered, that just doesn't make sense.

    You have this preconceived notion that taunt MUST be an active skill. And you formulate your argument around that.

    A red apple is red. all red things are not necessarily red apples.
    Active skills are skills that require user input.Most taunts in mobas/mmos require user input.Therefore taunts that require user input are active skills.However, not all taunts are necessarily active skills.

    You're playing a game where people wave lightsabers and throw lightning at each other.Does that make sense?Yet you have a problem with RG.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Zekex wrote: »
    You're playing a game where people wave lightsabers and throw lightning at each other.Does that make sense?Yet you have a problem with RG.

    lol
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    HK comes back to life when he's dead... So there
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Zekex wrote: »
    Again, taunt is an active ability for everyone else, they/player has to activate it. Passives are abilities that just happen naturally, no one ever has to active them, they happen on their own.

    They took an active ability and made it a passive for one toon. That's my issue with it. I'm not even saying he's overpowered, that just doesn't make sense.

    You have this preconceived notion that taunt MUST be an active skill. And you formulate your argument around that.

    A red apple is red. all red things are not necessarily red apples.
    Active skills are skills that require user input.Most taunts in mobas/mmos require user input.Therefore taunts that require user input are active skills.However, not all taunts are necessarily active skills.

    You're playing a game where people wave lightsabers and throw lightning at each other.Does that make sense?Yet you have a problem with RG.

    Well it's active for everyone else in the game, that's why.

    But the last part actually made me laugh lol, perhaps I am overthinking this.

Sign In or Register to comment.