Dooku

2Next

Replies

• Heronmar wrote: »
    shimmy wrote: »
    I always have to chuckle when I see people act like Dooku isn't good.

Yesterday I did an Arena match and it came down to me having two characters, my tanks Chewie and Fives. Now Fives was in bad shape but Chewie was just barely above yellow. Dooku took care of Fives on his counter and then I got a shot in with Chewie and Dooku then did a double counter and his regular hit (got to love the 3 straight hits) for about 3.5k-3.7k damage and killed me. The team I faced was a max level of I think 53 or 54. I gather the Dooku I faced was max level, at least 4 stars and was maybe an elite. My guys had 9k and 8200 health and were both level 50 with 6 and 5 gear levels.

Yep, he's junk and has no power!

It's like at times I think I am playing a different game than so many here based on comments I see in various threads. I see people talk about certain characters and their abilities, I then get them, level them and try them out and see NOTHING like the comments say.

I am wondering if I need to pay and the game they are playing gets unlocked for me. :)

Dooku is the best 1-on-1 character and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone disagreeing. He has his niches and I disagree with those who say he is utter trash, he is rather good at many things there are just a few things he excels at and Dooku would probably say,

'1-on-1s are my specialty.'

Psh Kylo owns Dooku in one v one :D

If Dooku stuns him, or ability block him, he's just average.. His basic is that average.. 155 speed vs 116 speed.. Way more attacks and add his meter boost and extra damage on counters.. Kylo has below average armor.. So all that HP isn't that much if he can't reduce much damage
  • I love Dooku for a few reasons... But that 1 on 1 thing? Unless he stuns you or ability block you, he can't compare to FOTP and Leia

Imo he's more of a team guy.. Helping take control early with right setup and opponent and make opponents think twice and scoping the field

So either you nuke him first or you keep him for dessert.. But in between, it might hurts your chances

At equal star/gear levels I'm quite confident that Dooku can take on either of the two. He is faster than both, has a stun with 40% chance and will counter the opposing attacks.
    Heronmar wrote: »

Yesterday I did an Arena match and it came down to me having two characters, my tanks Chewie and Fives. Now Fives was in bad shape but Chewie was just barely above yellow. Dooku took care of Fives on his counter and then I got a shot in with Chewie and Dooku then did a double counter and his regular hit (got to love the 3 straight hits) for about 3.5k-3.7k damage and killed me. The team I faced was a max level of I think 53 or 54. I gather the Dooku I faced was max level, at least 4 stars and was maybe an elite. My guys had 9k and 8200 health and were both level 50 with 6 and 5 gear levels.

It's like at times I think I am playing a different game than so many here based on comments I see in various threads. I see people talk about certain characters and their abilities, I then get them, level them and try them out and see NOTHING like the comments say.

I am wondering if I need to pay and the game they are playing gets unlocked for me. :)

Dooku is the best 1-on-1 character and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone disagreeing. He has his niches and I disagree with those who say he is utter trash, he is rather good at many things there are just a few things he excels at and Dooku would probably say,

That might be true tho if Dooku can stun Kylo when he has the retribution up Dooku will win as well.
  • Heronmar wrote: »

If Dooku stuns him, or ability block him, he's just average.. His basic is that average.. 155 speed vs 116 speed.. Way more attacks and add his meter boost and extra damage on counters.. Kylo has below average armor.. So all that HP isn't that much if he can't reduce much damage
    If he stuns, his chance to stun non Jedi isn't a reliable factor and ability block is against Jedi only. And sure Dooku is faster, but once Kylos HP drops below 50% it's all over for Dooku with one hit.
  • My only beef with Dooku is how much time his counterattacking takes. I've got other things to do than watch your shananigans you stupid Count!
  • Krokovich wrote: »
    My only beef with Dooku is how much time his counterattacking takes. I've got other things to do than watch your shananigans you stupid Count!

He's a good tango dancer :)
  • JasonFrancis
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    DOOKU
  • FOTP and Leia kill him right off the bat on their first turn... Ain't that OP in my book...
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    FOTP and Leia kill him right off the bat on their first turn... Ain't that OP in my book...
    FOTP and Leia must be OP then! Nerf them!!! :p

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Maybe we should nerf all chromium heroes and just play free to make all,whiners happy lol.. Might ask EA to send us a blank check for being courteous enough to play their games...

F2p are so lucky in this game so far, they whine and cry, EA nerf everything lol.. I just hoped other heroes won't Barriss'ed..
    Adjustments are normal, but has to be balanced.. And if that hero is so OP, why don't they use it? And maximize the fun and potential of that hero until they adjust.. Then move on to next meta patch..and so on and so forth
  • Barriss'ed..
    I admit i had to laugh about that. Good one!
  • im really worried about these projected new hp values, kylo ren going up to 17k hp and boba staying at 12k..
  • Darivon wrote: »
    Barriss'ed..
    I admit i had to laugh about that. Good one!

Sup Darivon?
    Did u notice today at ur reset that the hacker was able to beat me in less than 25secs ? Lol
    I locked him until last 30secs.. I kept refreshing after I saved my rank 1, and with 5 secs left I took it back.. Hope EA reads this.. @EA_Jesse ..

It was a good thing he aint on my reset bracket
  • How do bundles work? I started game 4 days ago and have 3 days left on 3 bundles, is that all I'm gonna get? or will I be offered more in future? I've been putting off getting the hero set but if ill never be offered it again...
  • It only last for a certain amount of time.. Lucky you, new patch coming soon with prolly new heroes and I'm assuming 1-3 bundles (crossing my fingers.. Yoda, Padme, Grievous)

Some heroes will never be more than average.. Aka Mace Windu, unless they give him a major buff which he should
  • @LordYUGOLOTH If you believe someone is cheating then report them with the instructions here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2373/how-does-one-report-cheats-answered#latest
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    @CPLEE when there are gone they are gone for good
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @LordYUGOLOTH If you believe someone is cheating then report them with the instructions here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/2373/how-does-one-report-cheats-answered#latest
    Seriously?!
    I sent 5 tickets so far with clear info on how, when etc..
    That player when he was level 40, had 7000 power.. And was beating players that had 12k power and even my loaded team at that time when level 53 with 15363 power... And he was beating me in less than a minute ...

If even provided his playing schedules.. And every time I was provided 100 crystals to shut my mouth and was told we will be investigating but we can't reveal results based on our ToS...blah blah blah
    Ask players like @Darth_Allycode , @Darivon , @Valdorian , just to name a few.. All sent tickets they told me and all got same lame answers.
    Since weeks have passed, now he's at level 59 with 19k power.. Yet, he still cheats..
    It's been basically a month.. Many players on my bracket lost rank 1 cuz of him.. You should fix that ASAP or provide a compensation on all the days your guys haven't done a thing.. Which is about a month of losing rank #1 .. And he can snipe from rank #26 to rank #1...
    And, I know, all games leave traces of battles/fights etc..

If you me to clarify this verbally, PM me your dept phone number.. I won't paying the long distance calls if that is what's needed to help your team.. Because it's quite sad how the customer service reacts .. Using a great brand like Star Wars and providing this low quality customer service
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    @CPLEE when there are gone they are gone for good

Maybe they should give a chance at those bundles back for the ones who didn't have the cash flow at the moment to buy them.. That would be a good and fair action from EA and that would make people spend a little more while providing some of the heroes missing for certain players
  • I had 5 bundles
    greedo
    force awakens
    darks ide
    jeez
    heroine
    assassin DROID

I bought force awakens... so now I'm considering the heroine set for healers. dam can't belive I missed out on dooku...
  • CPLEE wrote: »
    I had 5 bundles
    greedo
    force awakens
    darks ide
    jeez
    heroine
    assassin DROID

I bought force awakens... so now I'm considering the heroine set for healers. dam can't belive I missed out on dooku...

Droid bundle is good imo
  • Never really considered droids tbh. I really want offee
    Never really considered droids tbh. I really want offee

She was great before the major nerf
    Now she is just ok.. Luminara is a way better healer FYI.. And u can get her for free in GW
  • Yeh that ''unknown player'' is getting stronger by the minute if he keeps gaining power i might not even be able to beat him anymore
    Never really considered droids tbh. I really want offee

She was great before the major nerf
    Now she is just ok.. Luminara is a way better healer FYI.. And u can get her for free in GW

so should I save my £40?
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Heya sup dude @LordYUGOLOTH
    Barriss'ed..
    I meant with this that it's funny that we have already a name for the process how Barriss was handled. Could become a staple. Like when Dooku gets "Barriss'ed". Mouhaha
    Sup Darivon?
    Did u notice today at ur reset that the "dude" was able to beat me in less than 25secs ? Lol
    I locked him until last 30secs.. I kept refreshing after I saved my rank 1, and with 5 secs left I took it back.. Hope EA reads this.. @EA_Jesse ..

Yeah i know what you mean. He has the same cutoff time as me. Been battling him for more than a month now for that Rank 1-2. Gets really tedious since his snipe range is HUGE indeed. One can't just sit at Rank 1 with 30 sec till reward when he is somewhere at #20+ .. cause HE WILL SNIPE YOU DOWN! In 25 sec! :D
    Just report him again. And maybe one day something's gonna change.
    Btw why didn't i get any crystals ? Hmm maybe cause i reported only once . Hah
  • Darivon wrote: »
    Heya sup dude @LordYUGOLOTH
    Barriss'ed..
    I meant with this that it's funny that we have already a name for the process how Barriss was handled. Could become a staple. Like when Dooku gets "Barriss'ed". Mouhaha
    Sup Darivon?
    Did u notice today at ur reset that the "dude" was able to beat me in less than 25secs ? Lol

Yeah i know what you mean. He has the same cutoff time as me. Been battling him for more than a month now for that Rank 1-2. Gets really tedious since his snipe range is HUGE indeed. One can't just sit at Rank 1 with 30 sec till reward when he is somewhere at #20+ .. cause HE WILL SNIPE YOU DOWN! In 25 sec! :D
    Just report him again. And maybe one day something's gonna change.
    Btw why didn't i get any crystals ? Hmm maybe cause i reported only once . Hah

Every over the top nerf should be called a Barriss'ed since it was so poorly done by EA :) we will have tons of new lingo with new patch and adjustments coming