Can you beat an Omega Fives without a stunner?

Prev13
SlyGambit
1246 posts Member
So I've been playing against a bunch of 76+ max Fives with Omega level 8 dual blasters. I've gotten 4v1'd multiple times. The only times I've been able to beat him have been with RG or Dooku getting stuns or once I was able to beat him when I had a Yoda/Lumi/GS combo all at least 50% health and Yoda with tenacity up ready when I engaged him. Pretty sure I had Lumi as lead there so I had a high evasion.

I'm curious if anyone is beating him regularly without a stun toon. I think maybe Rey might manage it with her foresight limiting his counter to a single shot. But Yoda and Lumi are a detriment to my team against everyone else on a top-tier so it's rare when I have brought them (3 or 4 fights) that both of them are still alive to engage Fives. The teams I see regularly beating Fives teams usually include 3 stunners (Dooku+RG+Daka) which makes sense since you need one of them alive for Fives.

So does anyone regularly beat him w/o a stunner? I've also tried working him down early/mid battle and every single attempt has been met with disaster. My Daka is only 5* lvl 65 and I can't hamstring a team with her.

Replies

• I have beaten one a few times after my Daka died making it a 4v1. I had rey at 50% health, GS at full health 0 protection, QGJ at about 75% health and Dooku on full health and about 25% protection. I used Dooku leader, and the dodges helped a lot. Try and keep rey hidden behind foresight and you should end up winning comfortabley. The only one that died was QGJ.
  • Merula
    68 posts Member
    I run Leia and focus on him from the start with only her from stealth so he can't counter any thing. Works pretty well. Also use stuns on him when he's the only toon left for the other team. Otherwise, I stun whoever is left that does the most damage.
  • I have moved him up in priority recently and target him while STH is still alive. I do have Dooku, but usually reserve his stuns for toons with more damage....
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    I don't have Rey so that's why I'm probably struggling more than some others. Daka and my own Fives would also help but both of mine are 5*. I still may bring my Fives up to max the next time I get Omega's just for these matches.

I'm just honestly curious how people are approaching him. The only way I've managed is the rare Yoda/Lumi combo and with RG. Even Dooku is relatively ineffective since when he misses on one stun he's usually dead.
  • 5's is tough at the moment, but I think once everyone gets to 80 and has omegas, he'll go back to being "meh".
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    5's is tough at the moment, but I think once everyone gets to 80 and has omegas, he'll go back to being "meh".

I don't think he'll go to "meh" anytime soon. I mean I'm at 77 with two Omega toons and still get rekt but neither is really helpful against Fives kit. I just think he'll force more people to run Dooku/RG/Daka whenever they face him.

I even tried using Yoda as lead with a bunch of Jedi and RG. That lasted right up to the point where I watched Daka get three consecutive stuns on Yoda. Pretty sure either his 25% tenacity boost is bugged or having 65% tenacity is really not that different than 40% (or even worse it's not additive and is just giving 25% of 40% so 50%). Nothing like having Tenacity up ready for Yoda and not getting to fire it because he's stun locked. :)
  • dmc97
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Add my name to the list of people who have lost 4v1 to Fives. I had Ventress, Nightsister Initiate, Phasma, and Magmatrooper, all 7* level 76, and only Phasma was low in HP. Ventress could not land a stun and Fives rattled off double attack after double attack. I'm never the kind of person that yells "Nerf", because I love a game that requires smart strategy to win, but Fives is absurdly OP right now. If there's any character that should be able to win a 1v4 situation, it should be Yoda, not some random Clone sergeant.
  • Whytey
    2 posts Member
    Hit 5's with stun and he can't counter and is so slow you can get a lot of shots on him.
    Hit him with assist attacks. He will only counter the original attacker and the assisting character attacks with no harm.
    Savage can take him out 1v1 with his attack down and own def up, and turn meter gain when he gets countered.
    Attack him when you have a tank with taunt and they will absorb all his counters. ST Han can give your whole squad free turns if you attack 5's while his taunt is up.
    5's has so many ways to be rendered ineffective by a strategic player that he is almost a waste to put in your squad... But with no strategy he is a noob destroyer
  • Sweep
    58 posts Member
    5s isn't a threat with 4v1 if you get a nice two-turn heal from Lumi before trying to finish him off.
  • I mean, it's not easy at all, but I'm usually able to beat them with my team (I close in Top10-20, November Server)

I use Phasma (L), Poggle (Gear IX), Daka, Yoda and Asokha.

I clearly leave him for last (and Duku before him), but between Daka, Yoda foresight spread to everybody and Asokha heal I'm usually able to survive his final resistance!
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Whytey wrote: »
    Hit 5's with stun and he can't counter and is so slow you can get a lot of shots on him.
    Hit him with assist attacks. He will only counter the original attacker and the assisting character attacks with no harm.
    Savage can take him out 1v1 with his attack down and own def up, and turn meter gain when he gets countered.
    Attack him when you have a tank with taunt and they will absorb all his counters. ST Han can give your whole squad free turns if you attack 5's while his taunt is up.
    5's has so many ways to be rendered ineffective by a strategic player that he is almost a waste to put in your squad... But with no strategy he is a noob destroyer

If you're able to kill him with 2 assist callers then feel free to post a video. I'm pretty sure you can not. It might be possible if you have an assist caller with Rey but she's one of a handful of characters I'm willing to concede work as counters to Fives.

Savage sounds like another. However I have yet to see a Savage vs. Fives 1v1. I'm sure people are doing it, particularly Savage with Omega on his basic, but I'd like to see it.

The tank bit is only moderately effective. Most of the time though you're conceding your tank to kill Fives. Which if it's end game you likely no longer have a tank. If it's early enough that your Han or RG is active then you're effectively trading tanks while they also do damage to your attackers (and you're only damaging Fives). Whenever I've attempted that it has resulted in a loss. ST Han with an Akbar lead might be effective at it. If I ever catch a 76 Fives in GW I plan on testing that out. But it only seems to take Fives ~3 or 4 counter turns with double attacks+bonus damage to destroy a Han. Plus speeding up attacks that you then use to gift the other team with counter attacks seems less than effective.

But thanks for saying that Fives is a noob killer and that's it. Considering I've tried 20 or 30 different combinations attacking him with droids, Jedi, Dooku, etc. and have only found stunners to be reliable at it I'm sure you've got some videos or something proving how easy he is to kill.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Merula wrote: »
    I run Leia and focus on him from the start with only her from stealth so he can't counter any thing. Works pretty well. Also use stuns on him when he's the only toon left for the other team. Otherwise, I stun whoever is left that does the most damage.

That's exactly what I do. Stealth toons are the best counter against counter attackers because then you don't rely on the RNG making your stun land.

+1 I, however, still run 5s because I love him on offense and he still does some help on defense especially another 40K to chew through before someone can target my Leia
  • K1ngYoda
    203 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »

he'll force more people to run Dooku/RG/Daka

)

That is good, cause havent been seeing any of those lineups lately.....sigh....Variety added....
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Nuwonda
    56 posts Member
    only with a healer and a stunner, 5s is tuff right now
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    KeKattia wrote: »
    +1 I, however, still run 5s because I love him on offense and he still does some help on defense especially another 40K to chew through before someone can target my Leia

No Leia but I've got a Teebo that is sitting at 5*/lvl 45 but with 185 shards banked so I could just sink a few million credits in him and run him lead. I was going to use him for S&Gs in arena and for the raid but have been backlogged. Maybe I'll give him a shot.

With Leia it would take at least 4-5 turns, right? So she would need to be alive and invisible for ~6 turns. That seems pretty doable as long as you have Han or RG guarding her.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    No Leia but I've got a Teebo that is sitting at 5*/lvl 45 but with 185 shards banked so I could just sink a few million credits in him and run him lead. I was going to use him for S&Gs in arena and for the raid but have been backlogged. Maybe I'll give him a shot.

With Leia it would take at least 4-5 turns, right? So she would need to be alive and invisible for ~6 turns. That seems pretty doable as long as you have Han or RG guarding her.

I have a nearly maxed Ewoks squad but have never used Teebo outside of it. Have faced Teebo leads though and its a pain. And the stealth hits really often so you shouldn't have a problem with a toon not being stealth and getting countered.

My Leia has her special maxed so she doesn't get unstealthed unless I want to or forget to use her special every third turn. She is gear 9 now and takes 3-4 turns to take him down depending on RNG. Dooku can be dropped in 1 turn though and if not he also doesn't counter

• Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Don't run Teebo in arena man...

It seems like people are forgetting that Fives is not the only character on the opponent's team. Fives is tough because you typically want to get rid of other threats like Rey, Leia, QGJ, GS. Facing a team with STH, RG, Fives, Rey, and GS is beyond annoying. You need to run 2 debuffs if you want to hit any non-tanks, and lord save if you you cannot debuff STH. The problem with Fives is he is usually the last character standing (and often simply because you couldn't target him). When your counters to him are dead, he can defeat your remaining guys alone.

Also keep in mind that not everyone has access to Leia, who is an exclusive P2P toon. Fives, on the other hand, is easily farmable and quick to gear.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    foresight, tenacity, slow and tm reduction can win it for you, but that's a heavy price to pay to beat 5's when one stunner is all you need
    mighty chlorians
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I have beaten one a few times after my Daka died making it a 4v1.
    The only one that died was QGJ.

Im confused which person died to make it a 4v1? Daka or QGJ?
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited May 2016

BTW, all you need is STH to kill Fives, or run a full NS team cause Fives against an NS or any team with ST Han can kill any counterattack character.

I made a post earlier about how easy it is to kill counter characters with Han you just should have 2 healers to do it. I use Daka and Talia. Hit ST Hans taunt after you killed their debuffer, then attack the counterattack character. He will be dead, probably, before anyone on their team even gets a turn again, if done right.
  • xdecide
    114 posts Member
    Im pretty new to the game, what does "Omega" mean? if it available for everyone later on?

thanks!
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Don't run Teebo in arena man...

Meh. I run some relatively stupid leads. I probably use IG-88 more than anybody in my shard as well as Poggle because sometimes I just want to do damage. I've messed around with Yoda as lead and a few others like Luminara or a 4* Old Ben. As long as I don't leave up random comps overnight I'm usually able to get back in with plenty of room to move back to the top 5. Plus it's nice to give my shard mates somebody different to fight. It's too bad they don't limit how often you can get attacked in a day because the risk of going outside the meta is pretty huge because people will attack you just for a taste of something different even if your team is arguably just as hard to beat as a meta team.

Since protection+level cap I haven't been able to do quite as much of it as I like. Dooku/RG combo is just way too important on defense and having a debuffer like QGJ is pretty much a must have on offense.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    I have Yoda and Rey on my team and their foresight helps a lot in dealing with 5's. Yoda's Tenacity also helps keep the speed down off of your squad which will reduce the double-tap. I imagine if you had Rex he could work the same way.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    xdecide wrote: »
    Im pretty new to the game, what does "Omega" mean? if it available for everyone later on?

thanks!

Omega Material are the new golden colored material you use to level your skills past level 7, they are available to everyone but not super easy to get like the other mats. They ran an even not to long ago that gave these out as a reward for completion.
  • I run a level 77 omega Fives (7*, gear 9). I've never seen him do anything like all the claims on the forums. Maybe this is because I play most of my arena matches against higher ranks, and the lower ranks challenging me on offense are the ones seeing this behavior. At risk of giving away the strategies to counter my own team, I struggle with the following:
    (1) Leia (omega stealth) + tank
    (2) Savage
    (3) Multiple assists
    (4) Daka/RG stuns
    (5) Yoda (foresight and tenacity)
    (6) Rey (gear 9, omega basic) + tank

If you run droids, nightsisters, or a weak Dooku, Fives is going to wreck you. I don't have a problem with StHan, because I also run QGJ and he dispels the buff fairly reliably. Fives is good, but he's primarily a match-up nightmare for some teams, not generally OP.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I run a level 77 omega Fives (7*, gear 9). I've never seen him do anything like all the claims on the forums. Maybe this is because I play most of my arena matches against higher ranks, and the lower ranks challenging me on offense are the ones seeing this behavior. At risk of giving away the strategies to counter my own team, I struggle with the following:
    (2) Savage
    (3) Multiple assists
    (4) Daka/RG stuns

If you run droids, nightsisters, or a weak Dooku, Fives is going to wreck you. I don't have a problem with StHan, because I also run QGJ and he dispels the buff fairly reliably. Fives is good, but he's primarily a match-up nightmare for some teams, not generally OP.

Sorry your post needs a correction, Nightsister teams wreck Fives almost like he doesn't exist. Just ran against in Omega fives with my NS team in the top 10, guess who won?? Yep my NS team. Sorry but your omega fives is easy to counter.

Sorry I really am bugged by ignorance, people who come here to the forums who say NS suck are meta fanboys who don't really have an original thought. If people took the same amount of time to explore this game rather than just sticking with the meta, you all would have more fun and you would find that the meta actually kinda sucks, because none of you really know what the meta is, you all just read the forum and swallow down all the **** people say in here.
    At risk of giving away the strategies to counter my own team, I struggle with the following:
    (4) Daka/RG stuns
    If nightsister get so wrecked by your fives why is Daka in your "gives me problems list"?
    I thought she was nightsister, and I think that NI hits harder and has way more HP/Prot than Fives does. Asajj Ventress can stun, debuff and self heal, 2 healers and Talia with TM buff. Dude your not very good at this game if you have issues with Fives.

And just an FYI with ST Han Fives might as well not even be on the team, if you play it right then the other team never even goes before hes dead.
  • I run a level 77 omega Fives (7*, gear 9). I've never seen him do anything like all the claims on the forums. Maybe this is because I play most of my arena matches against higher ranks, and the lower ranks challenging me on offense are the ones seeing this behavior. At risk of giving away the strategies to counter my own team, I struggle with the following:
    (2) Savage
    (3) Multiple assists
    (4) Daka/RG stuns

Sorry your post needs a correction, Nightsister teams wreck Fives almost like he doesn't exist. Just ran against in Omega fives with my NS team in the top 10, guess who won?? Yep my NS team. Sorry but your omega fives is easy to counter.

Sorry I really am bugged by ignorance, people who come here to the forums who say NS suck are meta fanboys who don't really have an original thought. If people took the same amount of time to explore this game rather than just sticking with the meta, you all would have more fun and you would find that the meta actually kinda sucks, because none of you really know what the meta is, you all just read the forum and swallow down all the **** people say in here.

Good to hear (seriously, because I hate all the complaining about Fives). I'm used to playing NS on offense, obviously, where the AI mismanages them. Also, I always eliminate Daka first, who really keeps that team together.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited May 2016

I don't agree with noob destroyer but the rest is spot on. @SlyGambit have you tried droids with Daka?
    I love 5's but saying he's OP is ridiculous. Look at the "must haves" at the top of the leaderboard: RG, Dooku, QGJ, Daka (in that order) + whatever DPS. Nobody is saying you can't win w/out 5's. He gets more turns and has high HP but he hits for @1700 a pop. Plenty of toons scarier than him.
    @dmc97 you lost cause you have no hitters, no assist callers, & no stunner on that squad. Asajj's stun is less reliable than a drunk uncle. We need to stop all the OP talk (unless it's about Dooku :p )

Edit: Just looked at my leader board again & it's starting to show some variance - FINALLY!
    Still one thing in common though... They all still have RG, & QGJ. Or is that 2 things
    Post edited by Bon_El on
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • His name is Biggs and he absolutely demolishes Fives. Or Dooku for that matter.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    We need to stop all the OP talk (unless it's about Dooku :p )

When did D o o k i e get OP?