Game quickly becoming not fun after your ninja difficulty increases

Prev1
I have 5x 7* and 13x lvl 60 4*-6* characters and am top 5 every day in PVP.

Since your ninja difficulty increase in galaxy war last week I've not been able to complete it at all.

#1) Enemy team gets 5 attacks before I get a single attack which wipes at least 2 characters everytime I go against a full lvl 60 team

#2) Enemy team has increase damage output

#3) Enemy team takes decreased damage.

Game is quickly becoming not fun. In your effort to increase revenue you're going to kill your player base. But since you're EA -- you're not going to care.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I've noticed no difference in GW in the last week. There is just randomness to it, and it takes skill and practice to learn how to defeat this mode. Check out the guide I have posted.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • senseless
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I was able to easily crush it for the first weeks of game play. I only was NOT able to complete it 2 TIMES up until last week. Since then I can't even get to the last 3 missions and I'm lucky to be able to complete the second to last set of 3.

My barris is dying in a single round before I even get a turn. It's just absurd.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It's RNG. Yesterday I got 4 Dooku shards; today I got 0. Two days ago I got 9 Kylo shards in something like 35 attempts; today I got 15 in only 33 attempts.
    Just learn the tricks and keep at it, your team is good enough that you should be able to win even when facing tough teams.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    It's RNG. Yesterday I got 4 Dooku shards; today I got 0. Two days ago I got 9 Kylo shards in something like 35 attempts; today I got 15 in only 33 attempts.
    Just learn the tricks and keep at it, your team is good enough that you should be able to win even when facing tough teams.

Every time i retreat and go back in 2 of my characters die before I even get to take a single turn.

It's NOT fun. It's not challenging.. It's silly and an attempt to extort money from players.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    senseless wrote: »
    Every time i retreat and go back in 2 of my characters die before I even get to take a single turn.
    You shouldn't be re-entering with near-dead characters until there's only a light-hitting tank/healer left, like Barriss or Chewie.
    The GW I did today, 2 or 3 times I had to pull starters who were near dead. They all finished the 12th fight at full health. You have to learn how to win this mode.
    Read this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3309/a-galaxy-sized-guide-to-galactic-war
  • senseless
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think you're not understanding what I'm saying.

I go in with 5 characters at 100% hp. 2 die in the first round because I don't get a turn and enemy gets 5 turns with increased damage output. I retreat. I go back in with 5 characters at 100% hp and 2 die in the first round because I don't get a turn and enemy gets 5 turns with increased damage. I go out and come back in with 5 characters at 100% hp. 2 die in the first round because I don't get a turn and enemy gets 5 turns with increased damage output.

I have enough characters that I can make it past the first 1 or 2 groups of lvl 60 characters by focusing 1 down and then going out and reentering after I finally get to take a turn. But as I said in my OP, they ninja patched a huge diff increase and it's impossible to make it to the end of the GW unless you have like 50x lvl 60 toons in full gear at 7*.

Dunno, but once I get into the third to last 3 set of missions I start running into full teams of 7* lvl 60 purple. It's when my full team of 7* 60 purple start dropping like flies. The only way to win at that point is just toss characters to the slaughter and just beat it with pure numbers.

Previously.. (before the ninja diff increase).. I could use my PvP set on basically autoplay through the whole GW. It was too easy.
  • I have a "B" team and a "C" team just to take down tough groups in galactic war. This game has convinced me to never buy another EA game again ever first hand. Any EA game I get in the future will be through resale so they don't get my money.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    senseless wrote: »
    I go in with 5 characters at 100% hp. 2 die in the first round because I don't get a turn and enemy gets 5 turns with increased damage output. I retreat. I go back in with 5 characters at 100% hp and 2 die in the first round because I don't get a turn and enemy gets 5 turns with increased damage. I go out and come back in with 5 characters at 100% hp. 2 die in the first round because I don't get a turn and enemy gets 5 turns with increased damage output.
    I won't deny your experience but nothing like this has ever happened to me in 324 GW fights.
    Do you have an especially slow team? Try putting in your tankiest and fastest characters to start if something like this has happened.
  • Mtwizard
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Bored to whining...
    But i agree that Ea don't do anything yet :disappointed:

I have rank 1 or 2.
    It means my toons are not weak.
    I am f2p(only duke pack) and there are monsters in arena who can beat me.
    But we have different time zone and I can snipe. I can beat them.

And i have same variation of characters ...maybe 7* lumi, sid , luke and etc 1-5*
    After update, it's fact that there are more chance to meet strong enermy.
    However, I think difficulty is not changed.
    There are gaps between blue geared toons and purple geared toons. So we meet this differency at 60's(rely on user's thought on same conditions finally at 60lv with no lv handicap but gear)
    Just all teams are upgraded.
    We just meet 60 leveled and purple geared team.
    And those team are best 5 from someone's toons pocket.
    Anyway, I have not lost any one toon from playing GW at 40lv.
    Sometimes, it is not a cakewalk.
    But not too hard:)
    Retry.
  • senseless
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I won't deny your experience but nothing like this has ever happened to me in 324 GW fights.
    Do you have an especially slow team? Try putting in your tankiest and fastest characters to start if something like this has happened.

I have Asajj, Luminara, Talia, Ashoka, Sid, Barriss, Vader, Ima, JC, Dooku, IG-100, NS Initiate, Phasma, Veers, Jawa, Chewwy, Mace, Acolyte at lvl 60 80% of those being purple.

#1) The lvl 60 teams always get 5 attacks before I get 1.
    #2) The lvl 60 teams can kill any of these characters before I get a single turn (including barriss who has the most HP of all my characters)

If I'm going up against a vader, how can that vader get to attack before mine (always) and their other characters get to attack after their vader before mine?

If I'm going up against a luminara, how can that luminara get to attack before mine (always) and their other characters get to attack after their luminara before mine?

All things being equal (gear, level, stars, buffs) -- how is it possible for their ENTIRE TEAM to attack before I get a single turn?

Chewbacca, Count Dooku, Sidious, Counsular, and the other healer/attacker Jedi (name escapes me). In the later matches I get crushed. Chewbacca sometimes doesn't even get a taunt off. I literally have two back up teams to take down members of their team in later matches so my "A" team can go in and finish them off.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Something is not making sense here. There is no way at all that the enemy team should be getting 5 attacks before your Dooku and Sidious. I have never seen this happen before. What was the composition of the team that did this? I want to build it. :)
    I've noticed no difference in GW in the last week. There is just randomness to it, and it takes skill and practice to learn how to defeat this mode. Check out the guide I have posted.

I love your guide man, but Sensless is correct. In the last week I hit 60 epic geared teams by fight 4 or 5 they all get at least 4 turns before me, that is with me using Dooku and Leia to try to counter their speed, and both are dead before turn because everyone gets a shot first. Your guide is great, I did many things in it before reading, some good tips I started doing, but it is not helpful when not even halfway through you run into all 6-7* epic gear lvl 60 teams. If this is random than I'm Luke Skywalker because random means changing and I have walked the same road the last 4 days. Mid 50's 5-7* epics first 4-5 fights then we go to 609 there on out.
  • I've run into the same thing. Day after day after day for the last week to nine days. I know what to do, I've got 2 teams in epic gear, 5-7* lvl 60, plus another team in gear 6 which are lvl50-55, plus many lvl 40 3&4* I know what to do and can handily defeat any team up till somewhere between battle 8-11 I run into a team that does impossible attacks, hits like they're level 70, not only takes turns faster, the animation is faster. I can defeat said team, but my character roster is destroyed, leaving me no hope of finishing even one more fight, let alone 2-4.

At least I'm not the only one experiencing it.

Something is not making sense here. There is no way at all that the enemy team should be getting 5 attacks before your Dooku and Sidious. I have never seen this happen before. What was the composition of the team that did this? I want to build it. :)

My team of Dooku and Sidious doesn't have the issue, but by round 2 I would lose Dooku or Sidious if not for Chewbacca. If Chewie doesn't have taunt available, I may be screwed.

Any level 60 team in GW who I play against. It's been happening for the past week. They get some sort of passive boost so the entire enemy team gets to attack once before I get to attack.

AFTER the enemy team all attacks once the speed seems to go to normal. But during initial engagement the enemy team when I'm going against lvl 60 characters, 100% of the time gets 5 attacks before i get 1.

• senseless wrote: »

I have Asajj, Luminara, Talia, Ashoka, Sid, Barriss, Vader, Ima, JC, Dooku, IG-100, NS Initiate, Phasma, Veers, Jawa, Chewwy, Mace, Acolyte at lvl 60 80% of those being purple.

#1) The lvl 60 teams always get 5 attacks before I get 1.
    #2) The lvl 60 teams can kill any of these characters before I get a single turn (including barriss who has the most HP of all my characters)

If I'm going up against a vader, how can that vader get to attack before mine (always) and their other characters get to attack after their vader before mine?

If I'm going up against a luminara, how can that luminara get to attack before mine (always) and their other characters get to attack after their luminara before mine?

All things being equal (gear, level, stars, buffs) -- how is it possible for their ENTIRE TEAM to attack before I get a single turn?

I ran Barriss(Lead) Sid, Opress(tanky fairly fast) Leia and Dooku, last two are two of the games fastest. Same result 4-5 attacks before even my Dooku.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Again, not denying anyone's experiences but just haven't seen that here. I can certainly imagine that must be frustrating as hell.
    I don't know what the reason is for this. Maybe they have been tinkering with things and I've just been lucky enough not to notice it. Maybe it has to do with your chars being lower level or not having gear as good as the enemy's?
  • senseless
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Again, not denying anyone's experiences but just haven't seen that here. I can certainly imagine that must be frustrating as hell.
    I don't know what the reason is for this. Maybe they have been tinkering with things and I've just been lucky enough not to notice it. Maybe it has to do with your chars being lower level or not having gear as good as the enemy's?

If a character isn't lvl 60 I don't play it in GW.

80% of my characters are maxed on gear (needing lvl 61, 62, 64, etc to get further upgrades, meaning.. it is impossible) and I have a large number of 7* characters.

The reason is simple. It's a ninja increase to difficulty done last week. It's obvious as the difficulty went from stupidly easy to stupidly impossible.

I cant believe 5tupid is a banned word lol.
  • Well I have noticed it myself. I have all 60s, all rank 5 (sans Doku) and all in "purple" gear (sans Chewbacca) and I get crushed later in the matches.

I admit I starred very scattered building multiple teams, but I have Dooku, Barriss, 5's, Secura, Fisto, Opress, Lando, Initiate, Acolyte, Vader and Leia 4* epic. I have Sid, Maul, Lum, JC, Ventress Talia and Luke at 5* epic. Yes I'm not as starred but all epic geared. Most of those are near the next star level aside from the Chron only packs. I just got Geo to 4* epic last night.
  • Another thing I have noticed, their procs always seem to connect and work.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    The only thing I noticed out of whack today was the dodging. I had an Ahsoka Tano dodge 5 or 6 attacks in a row. But only that.
  • Another thing I have noticed, their procs always seem to connect and work.

Yes I do too. Retreat a ton. I take out the speed guy then go in with a speed team hit and run. Only constant is I keep my Barriss as lead. When I go in with Dooku, Geo, Leia, and Opress I typically if Dooku is gone only have Sid as fast left. I take a Sid shot before all 4 get in theirs, since he is faster than all mine but my Sid and Dooku. I hit with the others kill Sid do damage, retreat and repeat. Problem is that a 7* epic Sid does incredible damage, and when the whole team is that they all go first. Geo has helped as he does pack a solid punch so if Leia goes off then he gets a good assist on his spec most toons are gone from that. Retreat and repeat, though have to use his basic which is solid.
  • i have some toons at lvl 1-10, I use them when first entering a new GW battle, so they get hit by the special attacks, after that I go with my A team and wipe them off. easy.

btw, yesterday I encountered lv 60 teams from round 4 till the end, still, only lost 1 toon from team A

My team of Dooku and Sidious doesn't have the issue, but by round 2 I would lose Dooku or Sidious if not for Chewbacca. If Chewie doesn't have taunt available, I may be screwed.

Lum lead, Sid, Dooku, Luke, 86 all 7* all epic, all 60
  • rotam wrote: »
    i have some toons at lvl 1-10, I use them when first entering a new GW battle, so they get hit by the special attacks, after that I go with my A team and wipe them off. easy.

btw, yesterday I encountered lv 60 teams from round 4 till the end, still, only lost 1 toon from team A

Just saying....level 60 teams aren't my problem, no matter what the composition is. My problem is coming up against a team that attacks multiple times before I get a turn. Using specials back to back without the ability to reset counter, Dooku and Kylo chain countering without being hit again and killing two characters in one turn, 0% of my stuns, ability blocks, debuffs connecting compared to 100% of the enemy team. I've fielded mirror teams several times and had the entire enemy team go first. Same stars, epic gear both sides.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Fighting a squad now, completely resisted, all of them, resisted Sidious' AoE attack. Not one person took damage.

I am a top 10 in arenas, and i can tell the galactic war is a cheating piece of ****.
  • I have seen what senseless describes. In my case it's normal, because most of my fighters have one slot missing from gear VII. But my Dooku dies because enemy always attacks 3 or 4 times before him. And my luminara 6* purple gear gets one-shot even with full health. I've seen that with my own eyes.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The only toons able to one shot are a few, at least not the ones that got described here.
    I'm in the same boat and I notice it's not easy but it's doable. If you have that many chars and can't win you obviously are doing something wrong.
    Also it's impossible that all AI toons get a turn before your own. If you lose, so be it. You claim that this is the 2nd time you lost and you decide to post a topic that because you lost it's a cheat/ninja/w/e.
    This is just another post like the previous 500 before you. Play more, complain less, accept that you sometimes lose. Where do people get this idea where they have a right have to win everything and if they don't, it's a cheat.
    I lost more than you did in my previous runs, accept and move on (or use the glitch you obviously don't know of).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting