Is Wedge a game-changer?

Skeetabyte42
325 posts Member
edited May 2016

Is Wedge a game-changer? 52 votes

Yes! I'll pull as many Aurodium packs as it takes!!
15%
PetrozzaLaLiamFinalGreyJedimorcseaHomishCPTRogersBamBamMonobrow 8 votes
Nah...
84%
GenakumaDarkXceptorAksterStarSonshampooTakbenacrowMateosiusRobbathehuttDarthTRexusSchmohawkEricsonXStuwartEleiemDingleTingleMax10PadmeBalaxxeKamikazeRhombus 44 votes

Replies

• Diraan
    332 posts Member
    I'm going to hold off buying Wedge until someone unlocks and reviews him. This has been the most tempting Aurodium pack though as I'm building a rebel team.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    His datamined info is underwhelming IMO but of course we need to see what he's like in game.
    Still, the only thing I am working on for the foreseeable future is ways to help my guild raid faster, and on paper this guy's kit is pretty humdrum. As I read it I didn't see anything that excited me enough to pay 25,000+ crystals for.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    He looks potentially good with early offense.... But who to replace? STH, lando? Leia? Akbar? No no no and no.

Maybe if you don't have leia, he does look better than biggs
  • Nah...
    I'd like to try him on a Rebel squad because of his AOE and honestly his basic sounds like it could be very nice, it effectively gives him offense up without a buff that QGJ can steal, but only against one enemy. But just like every character, there are counters to these benefits and he won't be OP.

@Skeetabyte42 what did you do to make the mods remove all your Rebel posts?
  • At up to 165 speed he can potentially open with a brutal burst. My two issues are:
    - Ackbar just had his leadership reworked (and it is awesome)
    - In Ackbar teams, it is almost more efficient to run Leia as the only other rebel.
    - Wedge looks like he'll have problems facing enemy burst to reduce his ap/speed
    - Wedge takes one of every single precraft (woo)
    - I'll still probably get him, because wedge.
  • I'd like to try him on a Rebel squad because of his AOE and honestly his basic sounds like it could be very nice, it effectively gives him offense up without a buff that QGJ can steal, but only against one enemy. But just like every character, there are counters to these benefits and he won't be OP.

@Skeetabyte42 what did you do to make the mods remove all your Rebel posts?

No idea. Children playing GOH on the toilet with God complexes?
  • Koryphaia
    70 posts Member
    Anyone have a link to wedge's datamined info?
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Nah...
    swgoh.gg
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Yes! I'll pull as many Aurodium packs as it takes!!
    At up to 165 speed he can potentially open with a brutal burst. My two issues are:
    - In Ackbar teams, it is almost more efficient to run Leia as the only other rebel.
    - Wedge looks like he'll have problems facing enemy burst to reduce his ap/speed

How about Lando(L),Wedge,Fives,Phasma,Hrs?
    {RotE}
  • LaLiam wrote: »
    At up to 165 speed he can potentially open with a brutal burst. My two issues are:

How about Lando(L),Wedge,Fives,Phasma,Hrs?
    Looks like a nice tee off team, my point is that HRS at 158 speed is still slower than g10 Leia and Rey (both of whom can in effect reduce wedges speed), if hrs fails to trigger tm, wedge at 155 is still before Phasma (if you were looking to Vic March tee off).
    Not to mention the AI being notoriously single target against taunts.
    The team looks fun, probably wins against most teams on O. It just doesn't seem to have real defensive lasting power IMO.

Also consider how something like Ackbar, Leia, wedge, RG, fives would look instead.