Ackbar and Wedge have leadership abilities that should be swapped.

CookieCrispp
555 posts Member
edited May 2016
Now now. Hear me out.
Admiral Ackbar, who commands capital ships, and whose most famous (in movie) tactics involved closing with star destroyers at close range.
This sounds like an offense up style of fighting, and the idea that you can heal based on enemy kills resonates with Landos claim that they may take some of them (the imperials) down with [the rebels].

Wedge, the best (in movie and in legends canon) star fighter pilot should have a leadership based on speed and synergies. Speed wise, not only are star fighters nimble and fast, but this man flew into Death Star Two. His style seems very based on small, quick attacks (his proton torpedoes hit the power regulator section of the reactor, not doing enough to outright destroy it). His most famous in movie move, the correllian slip, involves an ally shooting a chasing enemy ship. This seems like an assist based style, which ties in heavily to star fighter combat as shown in the movies.

It seems to me that the two leadership abilities should be swapped, and wedge needs a non-attack ability called "correllian slip" that grants wedge dodge up and an allied rebel advantage up.

Because movies, if not even legends extended canon.

Replies

• Options
    The toon has only been out a few hours and you're calling for changes already? Have you got Wedge and actually used him yet?

UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Note that I understand that this would make Ackbar very suboptimal, which is not the intent of this post. I just felt that (after considering teams Wedge would be good for, and realizing that Ackbar lead is almost always exclusively better) I should highlight the overall weakness of Wedge's leadership. The canonic rationale behind this is just icing on the cake.
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    The toon has only been out a few hours and you're calling for changes already? Have you got Wedge and actually used him yet?
    Canonically, this leadership makes no sense.

From a gameplay aspect, Ackbar's leadership synergizes far better with Wedge than Wedge's own leadership. I say this because Wedge does his highest damage at the beginning of the fight (before allies have been hurt). At a 140 speed (his speed of 110 with 5 allies above 70%), he is still behind Rey, GS, Leia, QGJ, Aayla (with leadership), and ties with Rex. This isn't even counting nightsisters (Daka) or possible TM gaining stun toons (Rex or RG after their team suffers a crit/damage). This means that you are looking at a possible 134 speed toon (for second round) or even slower, depending on damage spreads. His bonus damage will drop from a potential 65% to 58% (or lower), with the higher likelihood of being stunned or ability blocked. Compare that with an additional 25 speed, 10% tenacity, and additional basic attacks (which gain 50% damage or spread defense down).

He's just not fast enough, or tanky enough to really shine in the current meta (on his own leadership, and in my opinion). He may have viability in other teams, with other leads, it just seems weird for an aurodium toon to have an ability that doesn't really synergize with himself.
  • Options
    Note that I understand that this would make Ackbar very suboptimal, which is not the intent of this post. I just felt that (after considering teams Wedge would be good for, and realizing that Ackbar lead is almost always exclusively better) I should highlight the overall weakness of Wedge's leadership. The canonic rationale behind this is just icing on the cake.

So if your belief is wedge has weak leadership then your post should reflect that and request a change to it. It has absolutely nothing to do with Ackbar.

Personally I think judgement should be reserved until wedge has been seen in action as he looks pretty good on paper.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

So if your belief is wedge has weak leadership then your post should reflect that and request a change to it. It has absolutely nothing to do with Ackbar.

Personally I think judgement should be reserved until wedge has been seen in action as he looks pretty good on paper.

I'm not sure if his leader ability outshines AA, but Wedge with Lando makes for some sick AOE.