Arena Changes-Making it more competitive and fun

Sixplicit
88 posts Member
Here's some suggestions that I think most players would like to see implemented.

1). Defense team- Let players set there defense team. It's a hot topic. It's been requested by many in the community. It would allow players to play around with different comps on offense. At this point as much as players have asked I am surprised it has not been added in game yet.

2). Better rewards-Give players a reason to compete. More crystals, gear and credits. Would also be nice to see rewards shards for an arena only obtainable character for the top 20 or top 50. More shards the higher you rank. This would lead to more competition.

3). Preset Team Comps- Let us store some preset teams.

4). Arena payout-You should throw all the same payout times on the same server. Competition just increased. If you do this then remove waiting time between fights and eliminate lock outs and let players fight till time expires. Refreshes needed to keep fighting. Congratulations I just made you richer.

5). Arena levels-If you put players on servers with same payout time then have arena levels. For example, there is a legend arena but you have to move through epic ranks to get to legend arena. Several levels starting at rookie. Rewards based on level as well as rank.

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like the character idea - some people really struggle to get anywhere in the arena battles, even when their teams are maxed out, because - the list is a long one.

If you brought out a toon exclusive to the high ranking players, yes you create more competition, but limit those players who can actually unlock and use him, putting those players that are already struggling at a further disadvantage.

Plus that unobtainable toon (to some) may be their fav star wars character - and they will never unlock to play.

Doesn't sound very nice idea when you hear it like that.

But I do agree that prizes should be better. They actually reduced the prizes too with this last update. Ranking under 50th place used to give you 750 arena credits - now only awards 650!
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    Sixplicit wrote: »
    4). Arena payout-You should throw all the same payout times on the same server. Competition just increased. If you do this then remove waiting time between fights and eliminate lock outs and let players fight till time expires. Refreshes needed to keep fighting. Congratulations I just made you richer.
    this is impossible, you know what timezones are
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I actually don't think that the area needs to be more competitive, but the rewards definitely need an increase that's for sure. Perhaps a new character in arena shop that takes the same a huge number of shards to unlock - that would be good.

The characters in arena shipments are now boring and the arena rewards are low in my opinion.
  • Sixplicit
    88 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    dvl009 wrote: »

Not impossible but they should do a set time zone for an area. Lots of games have there arena payout as one time. For example, all of US has the same time payout. All of Europe. Etc.

@Boo how many people are actually competing for your payout time. I think on new servers there is competition for a bit but a lot of old servers have maybe a couple of people trying hard for one. Most people don't really care as much due to the rewards.

I am in a different camp on people having all the same characters. How many people will actually get the new Han? I am okay that all people cannot get him. By the way, my guild is not doing heroic so I can't get him. I actually think there should be exclusive characters in chromium pulls too. Right now you have pretty cookie cutter teams at the top. More variety then there use to be but it's still pretty cookie cutter. Makes things stale.

I don't think an exclusive character would put anyone at a disadvantage. All of the best arena characters can be obtained by any FTP player. Right now the disadvantage has nothing to really do with the characters but it has to do with the gear.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options

Not impossible but they should do a set time zone for an area. Lots of games have there arena payout as one time. For example, all of US has the same time payout. All of Europe. Etc.

u know that's exactly how it is currently right? similar timezones have the same payout time
  • Sixplicit
    88 posts Member
    Options

u know that's exactly how it is currently right? similar timezones have the same payout time

It is kinda like that but they throw all time zones on the same server. Some people don't even have one person to fight for number one. Talking about a US server with same payout. A European server with same payout. A Korean server with same payout. Not few hundred mini servers with 24 different payouts. Most games have mega server. How it is now getting a number one ranking at payout is not an accomplishment. It is really easy. The pay to win gear is the only thing that is kinda changing it being easy.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    @Sixplicit
    No idea about number of players. I am in Canada and arena pays out every day at 7pm (6pm before the time change during the winter months).

However, see team after team with the same lineup. Its boring. We need new interesting characters with great abilities that can rival those of all the cookie cutter teams - more and more toons that are available that are all good will help bring diversity.

People are using the same toons team after team because they work - those teams are at the top ranking in arena battles for that reason (and to be fair gear too). If those teams are good, then great. But new characters that can be a challenge with those particular lineups and more will help bring diversity and balance to the game - not protection and nerfing other toons - that's cheap.

New characters please!!!