Armor penetration and critical hits

stumpoman
442 posts Member
What's the motivation for armor peircing attacks not being able to crit? JC's Attack as Defense I prefer to not proc armor penetration since it blocks crits. I'm sure someone could do the math and prove me wrong but the omega upgrade to it seems like a Damage loss.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I have not read anything that verifies what you claim.
  • Yeah, I've never heard of that before. Maybe I'll give him advantage with phasma in GW tonight and test his crit if nobody confirms anything here
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    I imagine an easier way to test would be with advantage and magmatroopers aoe
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    I imagine an easier way to test would be with advantage and magmatroopers aoe

I have heard that magmatrooper's AOE can't crit, but I don't know if that's true and if it is I don't know if that's related to armor penetration. It would be pretty strange if armor penetration was unable to crit.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    I have not read anything that verifies what you claim.

He says penetration is bad. Not sure I agree.
  • Yeah, I've never heard of that before. Maybe I'll give him advantage with phasma in GW tonight and test his crit if nobody confirms anything here

I use phasma a lot and can say that AP doesnt crit and therefore does less dmg, but also advantage stays bc you dont crit with AP so in that situation it doesnt matter. Its just toons like MT, sid and jc it hurts their dmg and even more with MT aoe AP cuz you just cant crit with it!
  • Armor doesnt mean as much as crit dmg even after the update so i think armor penetration needs a rework like at least able to crit or other kind of buff, now its not worth it
  • Tooltje
    188 posts Member
    Noticed this with Sidious too. If his basic ignores the armor, his advantage will not be used.