Epic gear items drop rate

I wanted to get the salvages(Mk 6 Biotect Implant Prototype Salvage) for Phasma(@gear 6). After 272 energy in 6G Normal Light side, I got only 3 salvages. Is this normal or just an unlucky streak? I feel that the epic salvages drop rate is very low. If you do the maths, just for one slot, for only ONE toon you need 1 week of nats.

Replies

• Options
    For epic it is really low. I feel your pain, I've been there.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Make sure you are also watching shipments as the completed gear will sometimes be there.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Make sure you are also watching shipments as the completed gear will sometimes be there.

Yes, this is crucial! I am getting 3 shipments every day
  • Options
    Eric gear in most games, outside of mobile, have very low drop rates. In many games, you only get one chance per day to obtain them as well. It's the norm when games use a Grey, White, Blue, and Purple gear tier system.

F2P games are meant to be time sinks any way. Expecting to blast through the content, as well as be able to play for every minute of the day, is just not in alignment with the model. The slower you progress, the more frequently you return to the game, and the more frequently you return, the more likely you are to eventually spend money.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Eric gear in most games, outside of mobile, have very low drop rates. In many games, you only get one chance per day to obtain them as well. It's the norm when games use a Grey, White, Blue, and Purple gear tier system.

F2P games are meant to be time sinks any way. Expecting to blast through the content, as well as be able to play for every minute of the day, is just not in alignment with the model. The slower you progress, the more frequently you return to the game, and the more frequently you return, the more likely you are to eventually spend money.

What content? lol. Blasting through the 'content' is basically a way of life for players of this game. But other than that I understand what you mean. ;)
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    from what I have seen the drop rate for purple gear crafting items is around on average 20-30%... that said you can easily bust through over 300 energy in total and get only one item... and other times you will use 100 energy and get like 5 of the purple items.

To gear some of the gear 7 stuff. it will take you a whole 2 or 3 days worth of energy to gear it without spending crystals on energy refreshes... That's assuming the crafting gear item you want isn't available in the challenges or shipment store
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Yup its very slow. I just finished epic gearing my final person needed and started collecting gear for the next set......... If you think getting them to 7 sucks just wait till grinding for 8
  • Options
    I been playing the game since launch date. I have been on the forums to learn and help but this is my first (and hopefully last) complaint. Ive got to say that the purple item drop rate is starting to get to me to the point where i don't feel like playing any more. My main reason is that all of my game energy points are used up grinding purple materials... this makes the game a lot less fun because instead of playing I just hit the sim button about 50 times a day or more.

Before I go into my experiences about the actual drop rate on the items in the missions I would like to address the items you can buy in the store. While its true that you can buy purple materials I have found that the mk4 sourobor keyboard (the most needed purple item in the game) has stopped popping up in the store. I wake up often at night and because it is hard for me to fall asleep i log into the game and buy all of the materials in the store. Because i am disabled I also have a lot of free time and I basically purchase store items every 6 hours. I rarely miss a opportunity to buy anything from the store. My point is that I see everything that comes through the store and I have noticed a significant drop about the time i reached level 55-57. I am not sure if it was due to an update or my level, or perhaps game progression. Last week I keep a very close eye on this item and was not able to buy 1 of them from the store... thank God for challenges...

So as far as the mission drop rate... When i wake up in the morning my energy is almost full. I will pick a purple item and choose to grind it. After running my 5 hard missions I begin to work on the chosen item. I always use the opportunity to buy the two energy reloads at 50 gems each. With some simple math I will usually have around 290 energy to grind out. The mission cost is 8 energy. This gives me about 36 attempts at purple gear. I do have admit that some days are decent... most days almost make me want to scream! It is hugely disappointing when I spend 100 crystals and use all of my regular game time and only come up with on average 4-8 purple drops. It usually takes me 4 days of game play to fill a purple 20 gear slot. When I think that between 4 characters that i will need 120 purple materials or more I start doing the math of how many days until I will achieve this goal and its just demoralizing. I am actually a very patient person, especially when it comes to free to play games... but when a game starts to demoralize me then I usually put it down.

Just a bit more and about pay to play game models and I'll stop my rant. I understand why the game uses low drop rates. I actually agree that the drop rate should be low to keep it competitive and to earn the game developers the money they need to make a profit and therefore providing us all with a better overall game. I do spend money on the game, not a ton of money but I do when I want to treat myself or when I really need crystals to be able to continue playing. The problem is that with the drop rate being so very low I don't have enough game energy to round out some of my other four star characters that I would like to work on. If the rate was increased even a little then I would be able to move on to other characters and potentially want to spend more money on the game instead of considering quitting. Perhaps this is all a waste of time because there is a formula that developers have already worked out that maximizes their profits while keeping most players from giving up. I just hope that by being honest about my experience that someone in a position with some power over decisions hears what i have to say and perhaps ups the drop rate even by 5% (although 10% would be great).

Very last thing... I love this game and I really hope that things even out with the drop rates so that I and many other players that I know that are feeling the pain will stick with it!

Thanks for listening to me moan!
    Trentazoid
  • Options
    It's normal, and will continue to go down. Once tou are too invested $ and emotionally, they will donit. Already the shardable hard mission returns are about 15% if not less.

Remember some gear we already know about require 50 parts just for 1 in many subcomponents. So expect some gear to take a few months to yard or cost $100 in refreshes.
  • Options
    My experience has been 1 or 2 purple components per refresh, so maybe 15% on average. Definitely not fun :/
  • Options
    Trentazoid. Nice post that explains how I'm feeling at the moment about this game. I had so much fun playing until the early 50s, then I get to that level 7 gear for most of my top characters and feel this overwhelming dread. LOL. Every character seems to need that Sorrosub Keypad at least 20x or more and you're lucky to get 4 a day from spamming missions.. no longer so much fun. That item should be obtainable in Challenges every day and the other purples should rotate through Str, Agi and Int in tier 3 challenges. Then you can choose to spam battles to gain a few extra. Devs could easily implement stuff like this, but they are busy doing... something else obviously.

• Options
    I hate the drop rate .. I can use my whole energy for just 2 gears not purple..
  • Options
    Maybe it would be an option to have more items on shipments.

Example:
    -Aside from shards being bought with crystals, also some epic gear. Reasonably priced compared to shards.... It's win-win. We get more gear options and CG gets more ways for ppl to spend/buy cristals. Although some sort lf balancing would be needed to avoid p2p players a big edge.

-Also have important gear be bought with credits.

This being done with a bigger list of items per 6hrs. The catch would be to cap the amount of items you can buy per 6hrs.
  • Options
    The game economics is a huge statistical machine that will tell the owners how much people is quitting and how much each option (gear is an income source and they can tell you are grinding because for shards youbuse a different mode) is bringing as there's a direct relation from Crystals to $. I feel you. Just that the only way for things to be fixed, is a combination of massive self control (won't happen) and people droping the game for gearing frustation. I don't see many quitting yet. So my hopes of an impromenent are zero. We haven't reached a point where enough people say "enough". I don't have the stats, so this is just intuition. At some point, the grond becomes boring because it's too repetitive and each upgrade is too far away. At some point, things break. Wish this wasn't a tour the force on patience levels.
  • Options
    The game economics is a huge statistical machine that will tell the owners how much people is quitting and how much each option (gear is an income source and they can tell you are grinding because for shards youbuse a different mode) is bringing as there's a direct relation from Crystals to $. I feel you. Just that the only way for things to be fixed, is a combination of massive self control (won't happen) and people droping the game for gearing frustation. I don't see many quitting yet. So my hopes of an impromenent are zero. We haven't reached a point where enough people say "enough". I don't have the stats, so this is just intuition. At some point, the grond becomes boring because it's too repetitive and each upgrade is too far away. At some point, things break. Wish this wasn't a tour the force on patience levels.

Good points. People have left and many more are joining because the game is getting huge promotion on the respective app stores...and becuase Star Wars. So fear of losing players or economy is low.

The grind is not boring, it's expensive. The grind is not a chore because they are fast to do but the rewards are low and requirements are high and free energy is scarce for getting rewards. All mobile games have an easy curve to hook you in then hit you with the progress brick wall. It's in the Dev's hands to make these transitions smooth so people stay and spend casually. Casual spenders tend to spend more on the long run when they feel rewarded contrary to the impulse buyer that spends to get everything fast and first.

• Options
    Blue and Purple gear should have the same drop rate. The amount of shards required is more than enough. 50 purple shards for some gear... lol sick joke.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Keep using those bronziums. I have never pulled a good character from there, but 2 weeks ago I pulled a full purple item (20 pieces) that sid needed, and today I just got a 50-piece purple item. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Keep using those bronziums. I have never pulled a good character from there, but 2 weeks ago I pulled a full purple item (20 pieces) that sid needed, and today I just got a 50-piece purple item. :)

Nice. Never had that luck before on bronziums