EA world wide customer experience told me to open this thread

I need to be contacted by support here. I was told by EA worldwide customer support to come here and post this message to get help about missing content that I purchased. Please contact me.

Replies

• I think you should post this into the bugs and issues, threads are posted pretty frequent here
  • I have an email from them that literal says to post it here in this spot. I was on the phone with help for quite a while and they said to now post this here and get the help I need from this side now that the other side has confirmed my bug. Yes, I'm as confused as you are, but I'm hoping this is fixed soon.
  • Bump
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The forum admins have already said there is nothing they can do here to help with account issues. Which makes sense. The "customer support" rep who told you to post here was just passing the buck. It's really not cool.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Ancient1
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I told the person on the phone that and they literally told me to do this, so this is what I'm doing. They told me I would be contacted by an admin here so I'm waiting on that. Trust me, I know this is utterly ridiculous but it's how I was told the situation would be resolved.
  • Ancient1 wrote: »
    I told the person on the phone that and they literally told me to do this, so this is what I'm doing. They told me I would be contacted by an admin here so I'm waiting on that. Trust me, I know this is utterly ridiculous but it's how I was told the situation would be resolved.

it's new years eve.. admins/mods are busy with their families, you should try asking on the 2nd or 3rd.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • I understand that and I respect that. However, that isn't what EA world wide customer service told me to do. I'm following instructions. This isn't my first rodeo, and if you had what happened to me happen to you, you would do this as well.
  • I need to be contacted by support here. I was told by EA worldwide customer support to come here and post this message to get help about missing content that I purchased. Please contact me.

Do not move this to bugs. I literally have a link from EA Worldwide customer service to post this in general. If you have time to move it you have time to answer and help me.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Reading this I can't help but think another useless customer support staff that hasn't a clue about the products they are supporting. Sometimes I think companies (not just EA but generally) just puts any old tom, ick or harry in customer positions and just let them rattle on without going through proper inductions, training and education of their staff over the products they are supporting!!!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm sorry someone told you to go here for help. This is the official response on this kind of post Bold Italics added to relevant part.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for your posts on the forums, we’ve received a lot of great feedback and I’ve seen quite a few interesting topics.
    I wanted to take a minute to share with you my thoughts on the types of posts I want (and don’t want) to see. These forums are meant to be a place where we can share our passion for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, for both veteran and new players.

Types of posts I want to see:
    • Character strategies - have an awesome new squad strategy you want to share? Go for it!
    • Assisting new players - newer players will constantly be coming to the forums looking for advice, let's all try to be helpful and make them feel at home.
    • Feedback on game mechanics – this can be talk of things you don’t like in the game, things you do like, things you think can be improved, etc. Please do keep feedback constructive if it is about something you don't agree with or like.
    • Gameplay Bugs or issues – things such as abilities not working correctly or display issues.

Types of posts I don’t want to see:
    • Hateful comments towards Capital Games or EA – I flat out I don’t want to see any posts about this. These types of posts will be removed.
    • Anything relating to refunds – these posts have to stop, the forums are not the place for these types of discussions. If you want a refund it is your right to do so, we’re not going to stop you, but I do ask that you try to let us address what your issue might be first.
    • Customer Support for purchases – there is nothing that can be done about these on the forums, please submit a ticket in game if you are having problems with a purchase.
    • Posting a private conversation between you and an EA or CG representative - please do not do this, when myself or other CG or EA reps are speaking with you 1 on 1 it is meant to be a private conversation.

Things I’d like to happen:
    • Before making a new topic search to see if a thread already exists for what you are about to make one for.
    • Stop the negative posts – if you are coming to the forums just to attack other players or complain about the game, my recommendation to you is….don’t.
    • Check https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/star-wars-galaxy-heroes/ and these boards for a solution to an issue you may be having. If neither of these provide you with the answer you are looking for that is when you should submit a ticket in game.

Thanks for helping make these forums a place where players can share strategies, their stories and come together as an amazing community for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. We’re just getting started and have an amazing road ahead of us :smile:
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    http://investors.ea.com/contactBoard.cfm

Ironic that they provide this (broken 404) link for customer support issues.

https://help.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/ea/en_US/contact_us.php

I'd use the general communications hyper from the first link...write 'em a letter about their link for customer support not working. Also about customer support not working.
  • OK kid, as an OU graduate myself, I'm asking you to please help me. I followed all the steps and this is where They sent me.
  • I know the phone support people suck. Your not the first one to be told to post here. Have you tried the email side of support? People do have better luck, though it does take longer. I think there is an EA help forum but I've never been on it.

And I'm from TU but I'll be rooting for you tomorrow.

• TU! woot Go Golden Showers!.. Umm Hurricane! ;)
  • I recieved a google play gift card for christmas from a friend. When i purchased the 20 dollar crystal pack, the purchase ended up going to a guest account.

Opened a ticket at 11am to ea. Recieved a call back at 2:30pm. Was told in 5 mins to re open the ticket on my phone so it would log my device id. Next call back came at 6:30. Within 10 mins i was told i needed to be transferred to the game department. 2 hours on hold and tweeting my issue to their twitter i gave up.

Filled out a ticket to google support at 9pm. Recieved the callback at 9:30. Within 2 minutes the guy revoked the payment and in an hour after the call my google account was refunded.

EA tech support cant wait to get you off the phone. If your on android and happened to use your good play credit. I highly recommend calling them instead.