Newb question

So I just downloaded this game about a week ago and so far I gotta admit I love it. I am looking for advice on how to progress. I don't mind spending a bit (15-20 every month or so) but I'm not gonna spend major $. I did open a 4 pack, and a couple singles and did pretty well.

Current team:
3* Luke
3* chewie
4* grand moff tarkin
2* jc
3* poe
3* talia
3* jawa
Along with a few other low/useless chars.

Currently I am farming Sid from arena, Luke in cantina battles; and JC in hard battles. It seems grand moff is unfarmable so am I wasting time and resources on his gear/abilities/levels? Anything else I should be doing?

Replies

• Someone help a newb out!!
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Use your energy efficiently. The $5 a week crystal shipment is a good use of your twenty dollars. Stop buying chrioimium lottery tickets (rarely gets you a champs you can use or farm).

I use crystals for two cantina rebuys (100/200) a day as well as two energy rebuys (50/50) to farm gear and charecter shards. 400/day

I also rebuy two hard modes 50/per to farm a hero that can only be farmed from that source. If you can routinely finish near top of the arena standings you can afford this.

Read the forums to decide which setup fits your play style to run and build. Be decisive and get a team to max rank ASAP. Not a bunch of low star characters. Tarkin will be useful to you for a while at least through level 50 maybe beyond. He debuffs enemy team and four stars will not be surpassed for awhile. I have plenty more but that's all I have to help for now. Again read forums to decide what farmable characters and team composition fit your play style. Gl

Putting a star into chewy, talia, and a couple into Jedi consular will make clearing missions and Galatic wars easier. Cantina missions is a good way to do this. A strong Luke is also appealing.
  • Grand moff only comes from chromium packs so you won't be farming him. JC is a solid character to farm and will help you out. When you get in GW invest in luminara she's like a upgraded version of him.
  • Use your money for Crystals, use crystals for refills, maybe a pack or two if you really need to. I bought many packs so I have a wide roster, but as I drew later on I'd have rather had the crystals for energy refills.

Farm Luke, Sid, JC and Talia hard. When you get GW Lum for sure. JC is a beast at epic gear and not overly tough to gear up compared to some others.

I'm not a big Tarkin fan, but I never got him until last week and have yet to do a thing with him.

I advise to gear, gear gear as you can. Search what is needed and gear up. I advise going JC. Gear him, level him as fast as you can on your current team. I have Chewie, Luke, JC, Talia at 5* and JC is far and away the best of them for GW, and I like him in arena. GW gives you big payouts. Had I known how valuable JC was to GW I'd have farmed and geared him hard.

JC is LVL 60 5* gear 8 for me(6* in a couple days) His basic is a 1600+ hit everytime, his heal is huge with quicker cooldown than other healers. Attack as Defence is around a 4k hit for me everytime and self heals him nicely. His HP is pretty decent at over 8500. Overall I think he is a highly versitile and productive toon. One of the better overall ones when you take all aspects into consideration.

Before I get **** let me say this. In arena I was in a slugfest the other day with a much stronger team. Barriss, Sid, Ventress, and Lum fell. I was left with my 5* gear 8 JC at lvl 58 vs a lvl 60 5* chewy and 6* lvl 60 epic gear Sid, granted Chewy was in yellow on health. I ended him with attack as defense and JC was near full vs a full Sid at 2 lvls up and 1 star up. The fight ended with JC left standing and Sid defeated. Granted AI sucks compared to live fighter, but JC took 2 higher lvl characters out, one who everyone loves in Sid. He is very worth being your priority to gear and level given your team. When you get Sid take em up together. He helps keep Sid alive and both hit hard.

Hope it helps. I'm no expert, but been in top 50 arena most my time playing, top 10 when i try to climb. Feel free to PM if I can help at all.
  • Thanks for the advice guys. I am really loving Luke right now, although he doesn't seem to get much love on here. Those chrome packs are sooooooo tempting, but I will try to resist.
  • Don't resist! Try them out and the become a Crystal evangelizer like those of us here had learned. The Chromium will give a great non farmable char, or a farmable char that you can build faster through Crystals. Chromium makes sense if you will invest $500 in packs alone.
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Luke is good he has good synergy with sideous too (crit). High damage and hard to focus fire down (good health pool). From what I've read and experienced he's solid attacker.
  • Luke hits decent, agree on Crit synergy with Sid, like his stun. He is not that big HP. I have 5* gear 6 and only 6k HP. I can 2 hit a 4 or 5* luke so he is not a big threat to me. I use him at times, but not overly often. I('ll gear him to epic down the road and star him up, but he is not really a mainstay for me. To me he is more like a Dooku, annoying, but not very big of a damage threat and easy kill, though Luke does more damage and has better hp. Dooku though has that speed and TM gain.