SWGoHCantina's Hero Ranking List

A very common question is, “Who should I invest credits, remotes, shards, and gear into first?” The answer really varies depending on which type of gameplay (damage, healfest, tanky, zombies) and synergies (Droids, Nightsisters, Ewoks, Jedi) you enjoy. Your fan favorite Heroes or who you unlocked may also be a factor despite actual in-game performance. In order to help you in developing a roadmap, I present this character ranking list. Keep in mind, most Heroes can synergize and perform well in a proper squad which makes this list very difficult to produce. You can’t just pull the top 5 and do well, you’ll need to assess abilities, stats, and synergies as well. Feel free to use this general assessment to get an idea of which characters are a worthwhile investment.

SWGoH Character Rankings

I look forward to the debates and the Community's assistance in fine tuning the Rankings.
SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.

Replies

• Add other aspects of the game, Cantina and Challenges?
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Definitely a lot to chew over and debate. Some thoughts, oriented towards arena success:

Unlike the consensus on this forum, favors 86 over 88.

In the eternal Poe versus fett versus fives debate, answers "none of the above."

3 of the best pvp heroes are obtainable from GW, and a 4th is also highly rated.

They love themselves some Poogle.

Going to have a really hard choice in GW shipments after I finish lumi. Really starting to think about poogle, especially since I already have him from bronzium cards.

Reinforces my doubts about fett, though I would have spent on fives (slightly worse) or Poe (slightly better) instead.

Favors daka over JC. Not the direction that I went in.

All this assumes you buy the rankings.
  • Are these your personal rankings Kylven? It seems so, but wanted to be sure.

Nice site BTW - good reference.
  • Kylven wrote: »
    A very common question is, “Who should I invest credits, remotes, shards, and gear into first?” The answer really varies depending on which type of gameplay (damage, healfest, tanky, zombies) and synergies (Droids, Nightsisters, Ewoks, Jedi) you enjoy. Your fan favorite Heroes or who you unlocked may also be a factor despite actual in-game performance. In order to help you in developing a roadmap, I present this character ranking list. Keep in mind, most Heroes can synergize and perform well in a proper squad which makes this list very difficult to produce. You can’t just pull the top 5 and do well, you’ll need to assess abilities, stats, and synergies as well. Feel free to use this general assessment to get an idea of which characters are a worthwhile investment.

SWGoH Character Rankings

I look forward to the debates and the Community's assistance in fine tuning the Rankings.

@Kylven

Skimming the rankings I find some irregularities especially regarding availability. Now Biggs and Datcha have 100 (I assume that is because Hard Node+Shipment+Cantina) however IG86 also has those so I'm assuming he also should be 100?
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    Kylven wrote: »

SWGoH Character Rankings

@Kylven

Skimming the rankings I find some irregularities especially regarding availability. Now Biggs and Datcha have 100 (I assume that is because Hard Node+Shipment+Cantina) however IG86 also has those so I'm assuming he also should be 100?

Good catch, I counted it as hard mode battles rather than cantina mission. Fixed.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Are these your personal rankings Kylven? It seems so, but wanted to be sure.

Nice site BTW - good reference.

For now yes, but I have 200 others giving me input...50 or so who have ranked 1st in pvp. So expect some tweaks. Feel free to weigh in yourself, if you're not in our LINE group.
  • How on earth does JC have 70 for availability?
  • I think Leia is a little underrated for GW. She attacks so fast not to mention being able to go stealth that she can survive better than many of my other DPS dealers.
  • Who judge theese babies???
    Chart on only your brain
  • Waiting for someone to 7 star Ugnaught and rip this list to shreds!
  • Kylven
    150 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Let's be honest here...this ranking list is not for the player that spends time going through the abilities and stats to create a squad with ideal synergies and counters to opponents. This is a baseline list for the hundreds of Community members that post their character rosters and ask, "what should I invest in?" These are the folks looking for options without getting into the nitty gritty of the meta game and spending hours developing an edge against those on their server. They just want something that works and won't be a severe disappointment later in the game. Are the rankings based on opinion, of course. Does it provide value to that certain casual to mid level player, I believe so...and that is the target audience.
  • Definitely a few of the rankings seem off. I'd like to see the formulas within each category. Availability seems pretty straight forward. This also seemingly ignores things like how broad their synergies are and seems to put abilities as flat out most important.

For example, I get more out of JC than I ever would Daka. The Daka stuns would be a bit better in many cases but a frequently used heal from a survivable hero is worth more in practice.

@Kylven great start, really and information like this will help tons of people. I would just have to disagree / wait for clarification on some of the rankings that seem based solely on personal opinion. Thanks for the effort and I love the cantina site.
  • Wow, extremely useful rating. Validates some impressions and questions some of the presumptions. IG-88 vs IG-86 is anti-consensus and...hey Ivwas building IG 86 before 88. Was surprised by a few ranks like that pilot Biggs
    Let's be honest here...this ranking list is not for the player that spends time going through the abilities and stats to create a squad with ideal synergies and counters to opponents. This is a baseline list for the hundreds of Community members that post their character rosters and ask, "what should I invest in?" These are the folks looking for options without getting into the nitty gritty of the meta game and spending hours developing an edge against those on their server. They just want something that works and won't be a severe disappointment later in the game. Are the rankings based on opinion, of course. Does it provide value to that certain casual to mid level player, I believe so...and that is the target audience.

This is for the player like me, and for that I am thankful :)
  • Benr3600 wrote: »

This is for the player like me, and for that I am thankful :)

Okay, point taken. @Kylven you win the Internet for today.
  • Extremely helpful for a newbie suchbas myself. Thanks Kylven for putting this list together. Also, the SWGoHcantina.com site is a tremendous resource. Love being part of the group.
  • This is pretty awesome stuff, excellent work...
  • If this is for newer players and folks uncertain where to turn in general, I'd move JC up quite a bit in the GW ranking. He should be easily on par with Lumi and he's better than her actually. At level 6 on his heal special he gets a -1 cooldown that takes it to just 2 and he has on his basic a chance to lower his cooldown by 1. So will often have a cooldown of just 1 effectively. That fast cooldown rate is invaluable. I can fire a 4200 heal as I wish without worrying about timing of his cooldowns. With how critical it is to get as far as you can through GW each day (credits, GW resources, mats, etc.) that's probably the most key part of the game you want to focus on especially early. JC can also be farmed in Cantina at a good rate and early - which gives you ability materials when you're farming him that way. Lumi is an easy farm in GW - IF you can get to and through GW.
  • Even as someone who has pretensions of min/maxing synergies, counters, etc., it was somewhat helpful to me in getting me to look a bit more closely at some heroes and affirming my doubts about others.
  • How's Dathcha btw? He's pretty high on that list and I'm still debating who to farm after Luminara and Phasma from GW shipments. Thanks.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks for doing this. A lot of work, and of course people are going to dispute various choices, but overall I think it is solid.
    One thing that struck me were some of the GW ratings. Dooku at 70? He's one of the most useful characters in the game in GW. Tie Pilot I haven't used yet but I would imagine also would be very handy in there. Chewie gets a 90 but is actually of limited value in GW, all he is really good for is soaking up hits and I don't think many people would use him very much there. Taunting isn't really a great skill in GW.
    I think IG-86's overall rating is too high but I guess he's bumped up by availability.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Thanks for doing this, these kinds of lists are always helpful and a great discussion starter! I hope I end up seeing more Chewies in GW... >:)
  • Skye
    795 posts Member

Might be worth polling people... I know one guy om the marvel puzzle quest game used to have a site set up in which people entered their rankings of characters from best to last.... And then he plotted a couple of graphs to get a mean rating and then listed them in order of popularity.

Think it was some freebie polling site he used, not sure though
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    How's Dathcha btw? He's pretty high on that list and I'm still debating who to farm after Luminara and Phasma from GW shipments. Thanks.

I have him and he's great and part of why I have him was due to farming so sorting that list by achievability at least showed me I was on the right track in terms of who was easiest to farm. Naturally, I also have IG86 as well....
  • Thanks mate, appreciate it.
  • Kylven
    150 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    All great comments...thanks. I'll make adjustments as time goes on. I was very hesitant to create this to be frank. It generally stifles creativity and out of the box thinking, but getting 10-20 pms a day asking about a ranking list caused me to cave in. I've also been requested to add a Squad ranking feature where players can build a potential squad and the community up or down ranks them. However, that would generate quite a bit of cookie cutter squads and may not be a benefit to the game in general. I don't know...I'll follow the lead of the Community as to what you all want next as a resource.
  • How's Dathcha btw? He's pretty high on that list and I'm still debating who to farm after Luminara and Phasma from GW shipments. Thanks.

Datcha is rather underwhelming, look into Poggle after those 2.
    All great comments...thanks. I'll make adjustments as time goes on. I was very hesitant to create this to be frank. It generally stifles creativity and out of the box thinking, but getting 10-20 pms a day asking about a ranking list caused me to cave in. I've also been requested to add a Squad ranking feature where players can build a potential squad and the community up or down ranks them. However, that would generate quite a bit of cookie cutter squads and may not be a benefit to the game in general. I don't know...I'll follow the lead of the Community as to what you all want next as a resource.

I saw a similar concept used in the eve online community with ship fittings. You'd think it would be all cookie cutters but it became good for alternative fits and a home for theorycrafters.
  • Great job, Kylven! Very useful guide for every newcomer.
  • Can't really agree with a lot of it. The fact that Kit Fisto is considered higher value than Kylo Ren has me shaking my head.