countjoshku
313 posts Member
edited May 2016
Double your fun!!

Replies

• Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Three days on the trot, the game has crashed when I have gone into an arena match at about 6:30 GMT+2, which is at about the time they launch the reboot for double awards.

This is killing me. The crash takes away my arena battle, costing me one of my precious five. Today, I had two battles left and had launched the battle for 3rd. The final battle would potentially then be for first. Now that is not possible without spending for a refresh.

Every day, this reboot is at a critical time for Europe. Every. Single. Day. It has cost me an arena battle.

How can this be an acceptable way to run a global game?

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • WalkrCnc
    76 posts Member
    Agreed. It's annoying constantly restarting the game...
  • Losses in arena due to client saying it needs to be restarted at the end of the fight. Please stop changing the game, every time you do you break something I'm more than willing to keep paying as long as you get your **** together and stop pushing out untested beta crap.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    This has been announced. Don't play an arena during 9:30 pst. That's when they restart to give us all our doubled money/etc
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Yeah thanks
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    The game has been pretty unstable as compared to previous updates. I'm uncertain as to the why since I get both application crashes and "Restart is required" messages so it could be a double whammy where there are issues on the front and back ends of the product. I probably get more back end issues though and have few application crashes though.

It's my belief that their back end servers can't handle the load of the existing game along with the Guild feature addition. I was surprised to read they outsourced storage at a company like EA to Amazon. Maybe that's the issue, I am not familiar with Amazon providing top-notch corporate data storage, more of a small business setup....
  • Bluerock
    224 posts Member
    @ioniancat21 You are sorely misinformed. They don't use Amazon for storage, they use AWS as their cloud services provider. Their actual servers are spun up in Amazon's gigantic virtualization enterprise. This is in no way a small business setup.
  • Netflix uses AWS as well.
  • Netflix uses AWS as well.

Yeah but to @ioniancat21 that's just another small business. Like Microsoft or Google. Tiny.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Did it start?
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »
    This has been announced. Don't play an arena during 9:30 pst. That's when they restart to give us all our doubled money/etc
    Great. So don't play in the half hour before arena payout, is your advice.

Thanks for that.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Kabbes wrote: »

Thanks for that.

It's much better than if the update rolled out 10 mins till the payout that's for sure. If it's at half hour and last 5, 10 mins max then it's alright.
  • Kabbes wrote: »

Thanks for that.

Do you even have a basic understanding of this game? There is arena payout EVERY HOUR. Not just the hour you play. The update has to be pushed at some time. Come on.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    I would have figured EA would have it's own storage, go figure....
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    Three days on the trot, the game has crashed when I have gone into an arena match at about 6:30 GMT+2, which is at about the time they launch the reboot for double awards.

This is killing me. The crash takes away my arena battle, costing me one of my precious five. Today, I had two battles left and had launched the battle for 3rd. The final battle would potentially then be for first. Now that is not possible without spending for a refresh.

Every day, this reboot is at a critical time for Europe. Every. Single. Day. It has cost me an arena battle.

How can this be an acceptable way to run a global game?

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    It seems like the Challenges aren't double awards. Anybody else?
  • Double your fun!!

And tomorrow... Nothing
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member

Thanks for that.

Do you even have a basic understanding of this game? There is arena payout EVERY HOUR. Not just the hour you play. The update has to be pushed at some time. Come on.

We've been over and over this. There are 2-3 hours spells when basically nobody in the world has a critical point. That's when updates should be timed for, not when one of the biggest markets is in the middle of a crucial spell.

Or if you must do it at crucial times, mix it up a bit. Don't always make the same people suffer.

But no, they always want to do it at 9:30 Pacific Time, and to Hades with the people that affects.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »

Thanks for that.

It's much better than if the update rolled out 10 mins till the payout that's for sure. If it's at half hour and last 5, 10 mins max then it's alright.

Given that you can only play one match every 10 minute, this is nonsense. If you start out 25th on the grid, you're going to have to play five matches to get up to 1st. You can't do all that in the last 10 minutes. A loss ANYWHERE in that sequence means you have to spend crystals to catch up.

What's with all this ridiculous defence of the indefensible? I work in a global industry -- we take account of that when we work out when things should happen.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »

Thanks for that.

Given that you can only play one match every 10 minute, this is nonsense. If you start out 25th on the grid, you're going to have to play five matches to get up to 1st. You can't do all that in the last 10 minutes. A loss ANYWHERE in that sequence means you have to spend crystals to catch up.

What's with all this ridiculous defence of the indefensible? I work in a global industry -- we take account of that when we work out when things should happen.

I understand but they have to roll updates sometime. Someone will suffer, no matter at the hour they decide to do it. So it's best if they do it at half hour till the rewards and it helps if they are quick about it.