The PvP system is more frustrating than fun

Prev1
Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited December 2015
(Editing this down.)

The PvP mode in this game is extremely frustrating because nearly everyone has the same power team, so anyone in the top 50 or so can get into the top 10 if they simply spend a key hour -- commute/dinnertime -- sitting on their phones sniping other players. There's no skill required, and defense is non-existent. This creates a stressful situation where rewards are based not on team building or gameplay skill, but external factors.
Please change the system soon. Thank you.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
Post edited by Qeltar on

Replies

• I swear you posted this same thing a week ago.

I would say that it's nice having to only worry about the last 15-20 minutes, rather than spend 8 hours on a PVP event. Refreshing actually (compared to other mobile games I have played).
  • well its obvious that the top 50 become unbeatable after a few months but what do you expect, most ea games are pay to win and everyone knows that from the start
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed for Violation of TOS.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • revengeoftheewok
    214 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed for Violation of TOS.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • Barrok wrote: »
    I swear you posted this same thing a week ago.
    I didn't.
    Barrok wrote: »
    I would say that it's nice having to only worry about the last 15-20 minutes, rather than spend 8 hours on a PVP event. Refreshing actually (compared to other mobile games I have played).

That sounds truly horrid. I wouldn't even consider doing that.
    I understand the difficulty in making a PvP system in a game like this. Just a bit aggravated at the way things work right now I guess. :)
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    (Editing this down.)

The PvP mode in this game is extremely frustrating because nearly everyone has the same power team, so anyone in the top 50 or so can get into the top 10 if they simply spend a key hour -- commute/dinnertime -- sitting on their phones sniping other players. There's no skill required, and defense is non-existent. This creates a stressful situation where rewards are based not on team building or gameplay skill, but external factors.

I agree with you. Try to field a strong leader and have >20,000 power. I found that this discourage rank drops so you don't need to spend so much time in dinner time. 10ish minutes (2 battles) will do.
  • what i learned from Pay to win games... dont complain on the forums about strong players, theyre rich and will spend what ever it costs to be on top. saw it with other games and thats how it is, complaining like this will get you to be a hated member of this forum and thats not what you need.

I agree. I came to this from Marvel Contest of Champions. PVP in that game was like having a second job.
  • :'(:'(:'(

I agree. I came to this from Marvel Contest of Champions. PVP in that game was like having a second job.

Lol, I would say they have to much content. It is overwhelming to try and complete that much content.

Also, the events really test your teams.
  • @Quincy_Tihlus32 yea I was in one of the top alliance in that game for several months....playing that game during 4* hero events was 3 days of no sleep.

The PVP element is new and will get better over time.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I did marvel puzzle quest and it drove me nuts.
    (Editing this down.)

I'm fine with the time as you need to account for both east and west coast players.

This game is not competitive at all. Not sure why you'd let yourself get stressed out? If you don't make #1 today, just do it tomorrow. It's so, so easy. I'll agree with you there. The AI is actually the worst I've seen and highly predictable. It's so easy to game.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    I did marvel puzzle quest and it drove me nuts.

best thing I ever did with that game is quit! No more 2 hr 20 minute refreshes, and I can actually sleep for more than 6 hours now! That game was seriously unhealthy, physically, mentally and socially!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

The arena in Marvel **** alone can kill your energy if you really want to be in the top %. :D
  • I dont think you have to pay to become strong player in top 20, but should spend lots of time on it. I only bought the crystal subscription twice and dooku( which i dont use anymore for arena battle) and i rank mostly in top 10 everyday in my server. My team 7*asaji 7*luminara 7*sidious 5*phasma 6*han their shards can be collected in the game, so this is not a pay-to-win game . Once you got crystals save some for the last 15-20 minutes to make sure you are engaged in battle so you can hold your place.
  • At lower ranks, the PVP is just as un-fun. I've spent way more than I should have on this game, and I still can't even compete in the top 250 on my server. I have 4-5 stars, leveled at high as possible, in purple, and I haven't won a PVP match in days. It's enough to make me want to quit, but then all my investment goes to nothing.
  • If there was some form of reward for each victory that would help liven things up
  • I find the slower pace of this PVP very refreshing. Not Marvel, but other games PVP system can require to place in top 50 of ranks over a 2 day PVP tournament easily 10+ hours. That's a pretty horrible experience. This is extremely satisfying to be able to battle at your relative leisure and just pay attention a bit more at your lock time.

Also, there are definitely team setups that can defend at a very high rate against the majority of players and even against heavy chrome investors. Speed and damage are your friend.

I think a lot of the perspective on PVP depends on your squad effectiveness really. When I'm in periods where I'm around guys that I struggle with, it's less fun - but also motivating to get better builds at the same time. I like the system overall - what I'd like to see though is different prizes and better ones. Adding in purple materials and shards in addition to the credits we get now would be cool.
  • I find the slower pace of this PVP very refreshing. Not Marvel, but other games PVP system can require to place in top 50 of ranks over a 2 day PVP tournament easily 10+ hours. That's a pretty horrible experience. This is extremely satisfying to be able to battle at your relative leisure and just pay attention a bit more at your lock time.

Also, there are definitely team setups that can defend at a very high rate against the majority of players and even against heavy chrome investors. Speed and damage are your friend.

I think a lot of the perspective on PVP depends on your squad effectiveness really. When I'm in periods where I'm around guys that I struggle with, it's less fun - but also motivating to get better builds at the same time. I like the system overall - what I'd like to see though is different prizes and better ones. Adding in purple materials and shards in addition to the credits we get now would be cool.

I think that'd be a great idea, as of now there isn't that much of a difference between rank 1-5 (150 tokens/200 crystals). They could also hand out 'gear tokens' and you'd also be able to turn those tokens in for the gear that you want.

Would make gearing up less tedious and give more incentive to rank higher in PvP (bonus points if they make the cutoff points different that the token ones, i.e. current cutoff for arena tokens are 21-50, say they make the gear cutoffs at 15-45, that'd increase the competitiveness from the very top to bottom.)
  • To me, the PVP is pretty boring but I achieve sufficient rank to get 800 or more Arena tokens a day, which is all that matters....
  • The PVP is frustrating for the simple fact there is blatant cheating whereby your team (well, at least mine) performs way less than it should and the other team is boosted. I am convinced my critical hit chance in both modes that deal with player created teams takes a dive by 50-75% of what it should be while the opposing team is boosted by probably 25-50%.

I am so bloody tired of developers doing this in these types of games. EVERY game I have played that has some form of semi pvp has had this garbage. I remember playing this nfl card game a couple years ago and I would have some of the best proc cards and magically in pvp type events they wouldn't go off but the opposing team's cards would ALWAYS proc. Every single one even if they were inferior cards.

I have no clue how everyone doesn't see this junk or they do but think it is just their team needs to improve rather than blatant cheating. It isn't strategy, it isn't needing to better your team...it is blatant cheating in the game.

Kudos to EA and the team behind this game. I WOULD have given you money if you didn't create this cheating garbage. It's the same in other EA f2p games where I WOULD have given them money if not for the cheating. Since you decided to program in cheating and slap me in the face for the work I do to build up my team, you won't see any cash from me. I really don't have any desire to pay people who try and kick me in the junk.

And I do like how for people in my shoes, there is effectively no way to advance on the type of server I am on. Everyone above me either has a more powerful overall team and will KEEP having a more powerful team or they have the same characters I do and around the same power rating that have magical abilities my characters don't.

I'd actually love to face a team that is mid 40s, and around 10k power so I can watch them beat my level 50-53 team with 13.9k power....somehow.
  • shimmy wrote: »
    The PVP is frustrating for the simple fact there is blatant cheating whereby your team (well, at least mine) performs way less than it should and the other team is boosted. I am convinced my critical hit chance in both modes that deal with player created teams takes a dive by 50-75% of what it should be while the opposing team is boosted by probably 25-50%.

I am so bloody tired of developers doing this in these types of games. EVERY game I have played that has some form of semi pvp has had this garbage. I remember playing this nfl card game a couple years ago and I would have some of the best proc cards and magically in pvp type events they wouldn't go off but the opposing team's cards would ALWAYS proc. Every single one even if they were inferior cards.

I have no clue how everyone doesn't see this junk or they do but think it is just their team needs to improve rather than blatant cheating. It isn't strategy, it isn't needing to better your team...it is blatant cheating in the game.

Kudos to EA and the team behind this game. I WOULD have given you money if you didn't create this cheating garbage. It's the same in other EA f2p games where I WOULD have given them money if not for the cheating. Since you decided to program in cheating and slap me in the face for the work I do to build up my team, you won't see any cash from me. I really don't have any desire to pay people who try and kick me in the junk.

And I do like how for people in my shoes, there is effectively no way to advance on the type of server I am on. Everyone above me either has a more powerful overall team and will KEEP having a more powerful team or they have the same characters I do and around the same power rating that have magical abilities my characters don't.

I'd actually love to face a team that is mid 40s, and around 10k power so I can watch them beat my level 50-53 team with 13.9k power....somehow.

I'm 17k power, level 55 and can beat 22k power teams in peak time to rank 1 to 5. Do they have better toons individually, absolutely. Do they have a better synergy, debatable.

By your logic I should not even come close to beating those teams without even the so-called AI boost and but here I am beating those and am quite confident there are so many other like me that accomplish such feats.

You are just deluding yourself to thinking AI is cheating just because you are not winning, it is either confirmation bias that you remember your unlucky losses even though you also did have lucky wins (I know that I have) or your squad is just a group ragtags thrown in together.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Heronmar wrote: »
    I'm 17k power, level 55 and can beat 22k power teams in peak time to rank 1 to 5.

Then those 22k power teams are a lot worse than the ones on my server. I can beat nearly any team, but there's one in particular, where I am done in less than 90 seconds. I doubt you'd fare much better.
    Heronmar wrote: »
    I'm 17k power, level 55 and can beat 22k power teams in peak time to rank 1 to 5.

Then those 22k power teams are a lot worse than the ones on my server. I can beat nearly any team, but there's one in particular, where I am done in less than 90 seconds. I doubt you'd fare much better.

Most likely, as the team is nothing but long green health bars (Barriss, Lumi, Sid, Fisto, JC all 7*).
  • Try a team with a 7* qui gon, 7* lumi, 7* tie pilot, 7* leia, and 7* sid....and it'll destroy you lol
  • BTW that is not my team xD it's Hugepants team....that tie pilot is freaking deadly lol
  • Sounds expensive ;)
  • I bet it was...but jeez, everytime I fight them it's like 0 hope of winning lol bc instantly tie pilot knocks out dooku or sid, then qui gon calls an ally to assist on kylo getting him almost dead in 1 move then leia does 3k-4k damage 3x on vader and he's koed....insanity lol