The PvP system is more frustrating than fun

2Next

Replies

• Heronmar wrote: »
    shimmy wrote: »
    The PVP is frustrating for the simple fact there is blatant cheating whereby your team (well, at least mine) performs way less than it should and the other team is boosted. I am convinced my critical hit chance in both modes that deal with player created teams takes a dive by 50-75% of what it should be while the opposing team is boosted by probably 25-50%.

I am so bloody tired of developers doing this in these types of games. EVERY game I have played that has some form of semi pvp has had this garbage. I remember playing this nfl card game a couple years ago and I would have some of the best proc cards and magically in pvp type events they wouldn't go off but the opposing team's cards would ALWAYS proc. Every single one even if they were inferior cards.

I have no clue how everyone doesn't see this junk or they do but think it is just their team needs to improve rather than blatant cheating. It isn't strategy, it isn't needing to better your team...it is blatant cheating in the game.

Kudos to EA and the team behind this game. I WOULD have given you money if you didn't create this cheating garbage. It's the same in other EA f2p games where I WOULD have given them money if not for the cheating. Since you decided to program in cheating and slap me in the face for the work I do to build up my team, you won't see any cash from me. I really don't have any desire to pay people who try and kick me in the junk.

And I do like how for people in my shoes, there is effectively no way to advance on the type of server I am on. Everyone above me either has a more powerful overall team and will KEEP having a more powerful team or they have the same characters I do and around the same power rating that have magical abilities my characters don't.

I'd actually love to face a team that is mid 40s, and around 10k power so I can watch them beat my level 50-53 team with 13.9k power....somehow.

I'm 17k power, level 55 and can beat 22k power teams in peak time to rank 1 to 5. Do they have better toons individually, absolutely. Do they have a better synergy, debatable.

By your logic I should not even come close to beating those teams without even the so-called AI boost and but here I am beating those and am quite confident there are so many other like me that accomplish such feats.

You are just deluding yourself to thinking AI is cheating just because you are not winning, it is either confirmation bias that you remember your unlucky losses even though you also did have lucky wins (I know that I have) or your squad is just a group ragtags thrown in together.

Yeah, Heronmar, you're on my server and you routinely place top 10 despite an underpowered team.
    I took you out at (I think) #4 today on my way to finishing #1 for the first time since I started playing on December 1st. I'm Only in the low 19k power and don't yet have any 7* toons but I have cracked the top 10 every day for the last 2 weeks and never been lower than 25. Some days I find myself still in 8th position and don't win a single fight in 5 tries but at least can hold my place without spending on crystal resets.

I normally don't call people salty but that guy who chalks his losing up to cheaters certainly sounds like it.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    shimmy wrote: »
    The PVP is frustrating for the simple fact there is blatant cheating whereby your team (well, at least mine) performs way less than it should and the other team is boosted. I am convinced my critical hit chance in both modes that deal with player created teams takes a dive by 50-75% of what it should be while the opposing team is boosted by probably 25-50%.

I am so bloody tired of developers doing this in these types of games. EVERY game I have played that has some form of semi pvp has had this garbage. I remember playing this nfl card game a couple years ago and I would have some of the best proc cards and magically in pvp type events they wouldn't go off but the opposing team's cards would ALWAYS proc. Every single one even if they were inferior cards.

I have no clue how everyone doesn't see this junk or they do but think it is just their team needs to improve rather than blatant cheating. It isn't strategy, it isn't needing to better your team...it is blatant cheating in the game.

Kudos to EA and the team behind this game. I WOULD have given you money if you didn't create this cheating garbage. It's the same in other EA f2p games where I WOULD have given them money if not for the cheating. Since you decided to program in cheating and slap me in the face for the work I do to build up my team, you won't see any cash from me. I really don't have any desire to pay people who try and kick me in the junk.

And I do like how for people in my shoes, there is effectively no way to advance on the type of server I am on. Everyone above me either has a more powerful overall team and will KEEP having a more powerful team or they have the same characters I do and around the same power rating that have magical abilities my characters don't.

I'd actually love to face a team that is mid 40s, and around 10k power so I can watch them beat my level 50-53 team with 13.9k power....somehow.

I'm 17k power, level 55 and can beat 22k power teams in peak time to rank 1 to 5. Do they have better toons individually, absolutely. Do they have a better synergy, debatable.

By your logic I should not even come close to beating those teams without even the so-called AI boost and but here I am beating those and am quite confident there are so many other like me that accomplish such feats.

You are just deluding yourself to thinking AI is cheating just because you are not winning, it is either confirmation bias that you remember your unlucky losses even though you also did have lucky wins (I know that I have) or your squad is just a group ragtags thrown in together.

Yeah, Heronmar, you're on my server and you routinely place top 10 despite an underpowered team.
    I took you out at (I think) #4 today on my way to finishing #1 for the first time since I started playing on December 1st. I'm Only in the low 19k power and don't yet have any 7* toons but I have cracked the top 10 every day for the last 2 weeks and never been lower than 25. Some days I find myself still in 8th position and don't win a single fight in 5 tries but at least can hold my place without spending on crystal resets.

I normally don't call people salty but that guy who chalks his losing up to cheaters certainly sounds like it.

Oh, nice to see to another one from the same server. What's your in-game nick?

My allycode is 166-344-366 if you want to add me as well, and I agree you can almost taste the salty tears of him just because he can't beat the GW/Arena and with this horrid AI nevertheless.

Right now, there's almost 2 hours for payout and I'm hovering at 20 will possibly start climbing in 1 hour or so :smile:
  • SpendsAlot wrote: »
    I bet it was...but jeez, everytime I fight them it's like 0 hope of winning lol bc instantly tie pilot knocks out dooku or sid, then qui gon calls an ally to assist on kylo getting him almost dead in 1 move then leia does 3k-4k damage 3x on vader and he's koed....insanity lol

Lol his team is so scary. I beat it once, but now I just avoid him. Yea, that team will wreck the average team in like 90 seconds.
  • Thundergod wrote: »
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    I bet it was...but jeez, everytime I fight them it's like 0 hope of winning lol bc instantly tie pilot knocks out dooku or sid, then qui gon calls an ally to assist on kylo getting him almost dead in 1 move then leia does 3k-4k damage 3x on vader and he's koed....insanity lol

Lol his team is so scary. I beat it once, but now I just avoid him. Yea, that team will wreck the average team in like 90 seconds.

BRO I really like your synergy lol I like what you did about 7 starring ig 88 before sidious..your ig 88 really tears people up with poggle, If I don't manage to kill ig 88 before he aoes most games I'm done for bc he crits 4k+
  • SpendsAlot wrote: »
    Thundergod wrote: »
    SpendsAlot wrote: »

BRO I really like your synergy lol I like what you did about 7 starring ig 88 before sidious..your ig 88 really tears people up with poggle, If I don't manage to kill ig 88 before he aoes most games I'm done for bc he crits 4k+

Thanks, the first time I borrowed Sid from a dark side mission, I was pleasantly surprised since IG felt like a whole new character after comboing with him. I was really tempted to switch over to starring up Sid after his buff, but I'm glad I stuck with it.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    well its obvious that the top 50 become unbeatable after a few months but what do you expect, most ea games are pay to win and everyone knows that from the start

I've literally paid 5$ on this game and I olace top 3, yes I never get past 2nd and 1st (even though I try everyday ). So pay to win? Not really
  • Rutank wrote: »
    well its obvious that the top 50 become unbeatable after a few months but what do you expect, most ea games are pay to win and everyone knows that from the start

I've literally paid 5$ on this game and I olace top 3, yes I never get past 2nd and 1st (even though I try everyday ). So pay to win? Not really

PvP is definitely P2W dominated; even those who are doing the paying say so. Sure, there will be F2P anomalies, but that doesn't remove the fact. It's not impossible for "F2P" players to "compete", it's just more improbable without the stars aligning. It's not like P2W is some revolutionary thing that is only happening in GoH. It's a smart business model, which is why you see it in most mobile games.
  • Yeah the PvP curve is pretty rough, i'm mostly F2P but have gotten very lucky with some gem draws getting Anakin, Moff Tarkin and a few others.

I definitely know how the OP feels, especially versing those Phasma DPS/Stun teams, who hit a lot harder than mine despite almost exactly the same power levels, call me salty or whatever, most matches are either steamroll with no deaths or the AI stomping your face with stun>1 shot> rinse repeat.

Thankfully i am slowly building a droid team so that should be better at wiping teams, my current PvP team can barely get into the top 200 on my server =/
  • The biggest issue with arena is the fact defending team gets attacks first...not sure in who's mind attacker must defend first but that's a$$ backwards. Getting pretty sick of sidious, Kylo, and maul reducing my team to 10% with heal block before I get even one shot. Fix this quick or watch player base disolve.