Captain Phasma: the cookie cutter way to success

2Next

Replies

• Austin wrote: »
    Aggropox wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    I followed the crowd and just got my sid to 7*s and now phasma is the flavor of the month. Nerf her please.

This.

Sidious was never used by most people with a group that would highly benefit from his leader skill. Most people just used him as their leader because that was the best leader skill they had. On the other hand, people with Captain Phasma teams generally have a team that highly benefits from her leader skill.

Wrong.
  • Austin
    61 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Austin wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    I followed the crowd and just got my sid to 7*s and now phasma is the flavor of the month. Nerf her please.

This.

Sidious was never used by most people with a group that would highly benefit from his leader skill. Most people just used him as their leader because that was the best leader skill they had. On the other hand, people with Captain Phasma teams generally have a team that highly benefits from her leader skill.

Wrong.

Are you going to provide an example or evidence for your claim, or are you just going to state that mine is false?
  • Go into the fight with phasma and look at the team. What's the number one threat? Burn down first and so on. Phasma doesn't hit hard. If they have barriss that's 2 in the line up you don't need to worry about. If they don't hit hard then if they assist they will not really hurt then either.

Side note as my friend was having trouble and complaining about phasma. He told me about qgj being in the line up. Just in case your having this issues as well. Qgj special to call in an ally to assist is only a 1 turn cool down. So if its qgj that keeps getting help, chances are its not even phasma at all.
  • in my server im the only team with phasma as leader in the top 50. So I have never faced him as leader of a defending team, but listening to your story gives me a reason to keep that buffed toon as leader :#
  • I am going to just state yours is false because of how false it is. You made the silly claim therefore the burden of proof is on you. What evidence should I provide you with? What evidence will you accept if you already can't accept the fact that a character with a leader skill that grants +crit chance and damage was used because crit chance and damage is kind of a big deal to quite a few other characters?

Please tell me more about how people used and still use Sid because they really do not have anything better...
  • Austin
    61 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Breetai wrote: »
    Go into the fight with phasma and look at the team. What's the number one threat? Burn down first and so on. Phasma doesn't hit hard. If they have barriss that's 2 in the line up you don't need to worry about. If they don't hit hard then if they assist they will not really hurt then either.

Side note as my friend was having trouble and complaining about phasma. He told me about qgj being in the line up. Just in case your having this issues as well. Qgj special to call in an ally to assist is only a 1 turn cool down. So if its qgj that keeps getting help, chances are its not even phasma at all.

Phasma doesn't hit hard, but she provides great support to her team by providing them with an endless advantage buff and her aoe that has a high chance of lowering speed.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    If that's your concern use luke as your leader...she ain't landing much. :)

• Guys any comments on this Phasma team?

Phasma (lead)
    Sid
    Poe
    IG-88
    Lumi

Trying to do an Debuff AOE team to maximize IG-88's AOE atk
  • Austin
    61 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am going to just state yours is false because of how false it is. You made the silly claim therefore the burden of proof is on you. What evidence should I provide you with? What evidence will you accept if you already can't accept the fact that a character with a leader skill that grants +crit chance and damage was used because crit chance and damage is kind of a big deal to quite a few other characters?

Please tell me more about how people used and still use Sid because they really do not have anything better...

You are ignoring the fact that most Captain Phasma teams character makeup are characters that get a huge advantage with her leader skill (ex. all of the Kylo's and counter attackers on Captain Phasma teams). Everyone benefits from a sidious leader skill, but hardly any teams had a sizable portion of their team that had critical hit synergies to get that big advantage you look for in a leader skill (ex. Lando, Leia, Savage, etc.).
  • I'd beg to differ that most people didn't build their team around Sid, but we are not all on the same server. What I see might not be what you see. You said it yourself though. Everyone benefits from Sid's leader skill. That is a far cry from using him just because you have nothing better to use. I have seen plenty teams that have characters with better leader skills in the lineup with Sid as leader. You can't always rely on crits, but you can't shrug your shoulders at them either. One crit on the right target could change the battle real fast.
  • I agree with you Phasma needs to be overlooked
  • Yeah I have to agree with most people. I don't think she's broken by any means.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    I agree most sid led teams didn't really synergize with his leader ability. I used Luke who benefits a lot from it but other the that it was lumi and vent who are helped by it but no real synergy, but then again it wasn't necessary since it's so good. The only problem I see with phasma is that it works on all actions instead of just attacks. I just switched her over as leader from sid and I like her but without her leader ability I think she's an average at best hero. Dunno who wrote her description, high damage hero lol.
  • I think the AI needs more of an advantage. I'd like to see the proc rate improved. This game is way too easy as is. :)
  • pay2win wrote: »
    Get beat. Come to forums. Complain some one is OP.

This.
  • I do feel Phasma needs a nerf. The cape makes her overpowered. It's the secret to Landos success. Take the cape..you take the power.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    I do feel Phasma needs a nerf. The cape makes her overpowered. It's the secret to Landos success. Take the cape..you take the power.

I love it
  • Austin
    61 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Mabeole wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    Get beat. Come to forums. Complain some one is OP.

This.

Second time posting this.

I never said anything about getting beat. In the past three days, I have gotten rewards for rank 4, 2, and 1. You must not know how to read.
  • I don't even know why they added her. She has a very small part in the movie and wasn't part of anything other than a slightly funny scene with her and finn
  • I bet your winning percentage is over 95% just like most teams. The attacker is at a huge advantage. You for one have a brain and you can pick your opponent. Yet your calling for the defending team to be weakened?
  • Llewella wrote: »
    I bet your winning percentage is over 95% just like most teams. The attacker is at a huge advantage. You for one have a brain and you can pick your opponent. Yet your calling for the defending team to be weakened?

Well to start, the AI gets a massive proc rate boost. But the real problem is how good of a defense Phasma puts up compared to other leaders. Generally speaking, I can beat teams that are 1k power over me as long as they don't have Phasma as a leader. But if they do, I get wrecked 99% of the time. The only time I end up winning is if the force (RNG) is with me. Teams with other leaders don't get that massive defensive benefit, which most likely caused, at least in my ladder, the massive amount of people thst use Captain Phasma in the top ladder groups. It just kills the diversity in the pvp ladder, and it is no fun facing the same cookie cutter Captain Phasma team over and over again.
  • 4xPhasma, 4×Sid, 1×Lumi, 1×Ima-Gun in the Top 10.
    1x7*, 2×6*, 1×5* Phasmas.

• Time
    293 posts Member
    Fwiw I jumped on the phasma bandwagon hoping that ai will prevent some loss in ranking. When attacking there is no advantage over sid, sure I'll get a couple of attacks but then I lose those 6k crit from luke:(
  • We are still Sid heavy with Lumi leaders running a distant second. The teams that are giving me the most trouble use phasma but not as lead. Phasma is basically just a buff bot. When you put Sid in with phasma and fives with a Luminara healer you have an incredible amount of first round damage going out. More if you have Vader and a the AI chooses a good target (not reliable). The AI defense with that synergy is good because if I take in enough heals to beat the first round of damage then I lack the dps and if I don't I rely on the force and stuns landing when I need them. Adding in a lucky ability block against me and I'm toast. This is the first combo that really gives me a problem. I'm not full 7* yet though and only level 56. I too am going to work in a phasma and probably a fives as well. I'm working towards maybe a Sid, Lumi, phasma, fives, x-glass cannon build.

then again, I like testing builds more than I like winning which is probably bad lol.

**I am not calling for buffs or nerfs, just adding my experiences**
  • Phasma has max potency of 67%. When the new levels hit it will bump to 97%! I love running with Phasma as leader but that stat is insane.
  • I just noticed a guy using a rather interesting anti Phasma strategy... Qui-Gon Jinn...

If you are not sure why he is being used.. well one of his specials debuffs an enemy and if he does debuff someone, he gives his team offense up for 2 turns!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Nerf all the easy farming characters like Sid/Lumi/Phasma, then P2W can truly rule this world!
  • For every 1 Phasma I see, I see about 20 Sids and 10 Lumi. Doest seem like an issue that crys for a nerf. And as others have said, the problem lies in the AI and not Phasma. Though perhaps certain abilties, dodge/evade, crits etc are heightened by the AI to compensate for it's poor ability to defend.
  • 4 out of the top 85 are Phasma in mine. You're right, it was really hard to find a team not led by her...
This discussion has been closed.