Finish off Savage or star Ackbar?

I have st Han, DS, EK, maxed. and I have IG 88 and Savage at six stars. I want to eventually finish Savage and maybe 88, but Ackbar seems really good now in the arena. Of course I only have Leigh at three stars and I am not leveling her up.

Thoughts?

Replies

• vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    In same boat. Have Savage 21/100. Wondering whether to just get started with Han now or wait till Svage done.
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Options
    vavavader wrote: »
    In same boat. Have Savage 21/100. Wondering whether to just get started with Han now or wait till Svage done.

I LOVE han. He is one of my favorite characters. Great Taunt.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options

I LOVE han. He is one of my favorite characters. Great Taunt.

Would hate leaving Savage at 6* but I've heard Han plus Ben = greatness?
    38yr old . Income: Govt Disability . Living in mom's basement . Fav food: hot pockets . Fav game: SWGOH
  • Options
    Savage is great for raids. And arena. And GW. And challenges and missions and events.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Finish Savage. He's a beast in all modes.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Savage is great for raids. And arena. And GW. And challenges and missions and events.

So Savage > Han?
  • Options

So Savage > Han?

No, Ewoks > Han + Savage.
    Why would I give any advice to you?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Savage is great in DS missions and cantina. Not sure how he does in raids.

Han is great in arena only really. Helps in raids if used well.

Akbar is great with other rebels in arena and versus phase 1 of raids since his leadership works.

Up to you.
  • Nastynas91
    504 posts Member
    Options
    Savage is a great all-round character. Definitely got better with the protection update. You'll need him for DS battles, and he's good in raids and arena
  • Options
    Savage. He will shine at 7*. I'm working on him now as well. 7* Han is useful but you're in the homestretch now, so finish savage.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Finish off savage. He is great all around. Han is awesome, especially if you need him in arena, but I think all around savage is the stronger toon. Plus, I'm thinking there will be a Sith event in the near future (purely speculation with no real basis).
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Savage is a **** beast. Health and protection at 7* lvl 74 is ~35K. Damage is a little low without crit, but when he has offense up and crits, your looking at 6-10k...and he almost always has offence up.

He will outlast all your toons on the battlefield...on any battlefield
  • Munkie
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar is amazing in raids, and when your putting together 5 teams you find yourself short on healers. He's golden in the phase 1 fight of the raid. Can remove that target the captain puts up and heal at the same time. I'd go Ackbar then Savage, just because DPS is a dime a dozen where cleansing characters are not.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Savage for sure
  • Munkie
    90 posts Member
    Options
    This might help http://www.swgohcantina.com/swgoh-hero-rankings/

I still stand by Ackbar and he is ranked higher. I think Savage is cool but I never see him in the top PvP spots and in GW I just ignore him and casually attack him to refill all my cooldowns.
  • Options
    Munkie wrote: »

I still stand by Ackbar and he is ranked higher. I think Savage is cool but I never see him in the top PvP spots and in GW I just ignore him and casually attack him to refill all my cooldowns.

'Rankings Based on Level 70 Meta Game…New Level 80 Meta with upcoming major patch will shift these quite a bit.'

It's a totally different game for Savage.
  • Munkie
    90 posts Member
    Options

'Rankings Based on Level 70 Meta Game…New Level 80 Meta with upcoming major patch will shift these quite a bit.'

Fair point, and savages lvl 8 unique is sort of sexy letting him have a chance to heal. But I would still go with Ackbar, I have both at 7* and I've found Ackbar to be a really fun support. Support characters are my favorite so maybe I'm biased but he's probably one of my favorite raid characters now. And to have a good raid team you need some characters who can cleanse debuffs, he's one of them and there isn't many.
  • Options

Fair point, and savages lvl 8 unique is sort of sexy letting him have a chance to heal. But I would still go with Ackbar, I have both at 7* and I've found Ackbar to be a really fun support. Support characters are my favorite so maybe I'm biased but he's probably one of my favorite raid characters now. And to have a good raid team you need some characters who can cleanse debuffs, he's one of them and there isn't many.

I don't have Ackbar maxed yet, but from what I can see he's only good in Raids or in a rebel squad.

So if you're not making a Rebel squad then you're better off getting a hero who is good in all game modes.

My Savage is also two gear pieces and three levels away from being gear 10. Something which not many heroes can achieve. He has 60% potency so in tier 5 raids he has the Rancor almost constantly debuffed with offense down. So my raid battle lasts much longer = more damage = more rewards.
  • vavavader
    180 posts Member
    Options

So Savage > Han?

No, Ewoks > Han + Savage.
    Why would I give any advice to you?

Because.
  • Options

I don't have Ackbar maxed yet, but from what I can see he's only good in Raids or in a rebel squad.

So if you're not making a Rebel squad then you're better off getting a hero who is good in all game modes.

My Savage is also two gear pieces and three levels away from being gear 10. Something which not many heroes can achieve. He has 60% potency so in tier 5 raids he has the Rancor almost constantly debuffed with offense down. So my raid battle lasts much longer = more damage = more rewards.

I'm seriously considering buying the thermal detonator next time I see it in shipments, but with three levels left before I can take him to gear x, I might just wait a little longer. He really does need the damage boost from the last two pieces