Tier 7 Raiding (Heroic Rancor & You)

2Next

Replies

• Ok cool thnx. It's a shame the door panel won't reset through phase 2-3. If that's the case, it strikes me that rather little coordination is needed then once the raid begins. As long as you've planned ahead and know when you're meant to attack, further communication is unnecessary...

Anyway, I guess my guild will need to wait a long time before we hit t7 ;-;

• @thecuriousocelot

it's entirely possible that some people pull of awesome runs in phase 2, and you only need 15-20 people attacking during that phase. you'd want them to wait to see if phase 3 needs help, otherwise sit around for phase 4. if you have 25 people start phase 2 at the same time, some of them are definitely going to be wasting damage, as i don't know that you need a full 25. it's best to go slowly, maybe 5 at a time until he's low %, then finish him off as needed.
  • @alita ah ok. That makes sense. Thank you little wing! :)
  • @Alita Thank you for all the info.

One thing I'm not clear on: Will the Rancor, in fact, eat my face? Even if I'm really nice to it?

Joking aside, thanks again. What all trolls and haters overlook is the fact that no one is obligated to share anything.
  • @Darth_MRau

Yes, he will eat your face. Gone, just like that.

Also, I'm going to be driving for the next 9 hours, so responses will probably be late. @Telaan and other TI members can probably help out though.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Posts like this need to be the mandatory minimum standard for excellence on these forums. Thank you @Alita for this... seriously.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Thank you for this fantastic writeuP. This might sound silly, but how does 5 or 25 guildmates attacking at the same time have an effect on gameplay?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Hangfire wrote: »
    Thank you for this fantastic writeuP. This might sound silly, but how does 5 or 25 guildmates attacking at the same time have an effect on gameplay?

I'm not exactly sure what kind of impact you're referring to. If it's game performance, there is no impact.
  • Orion_Lighter
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Hangfire wrote: »

Because if 5 guildmates can finish a phase, all the extra damage and characters that die from the other 20 go to waste, when they could be saved for use in another phase.

I think Alita put it best in a comment above yours:
    Alita wrote: »
    if you have 25 people start phase 2 at the same time, some of them are definitely going to be wasting damage, as i don't know that you need a full 25. it's best to go slowly, maybe 5 at a time until he's low %, then finish him off as needed.

• @Hangfire

in an extreme example...

let's pretend that you have 20 guild members that each have a team that can do 10% damage during phase 2. if those 20 people all start a fight at the same time, you're going to end up doing 200% damage during phase 2, and wasting a lot of characters. instead, if you have 8 people start attempts at the same time, you end up doing 80% damage, and then you can do single attacks until he's dead. this results in the least amount of wasted damage/characters.

since the damage you do varies, and you don't know what you're going to end up with, it is best to take this approach.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Alita wrote: »
    @Hangfire

in an extreme example...

let's pretend that you have 20 guild members that each have a team that can do 10% damage during phase 2. if those 20 people all start a fight at the same time, you're going to end up doing 200% damage during phase 2, and wasting a lot of characters. instead, if you have 8 people start attempts at the same time, you end up doing 80% damage, and then you can do single attacks until he's dead. this results in the least amount of wasted damage/characters.

since the damage you do varies, and you don't know what you're going to end up with, it is best to take this approach.

Sweet, thank you.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    Is Yoda a huge factor in T7? And if so, which phases?
  • Taniwha
    120 posts Member
    Thanks a lot for sharing the info much appreciated. We're planning a t7 raid but not sure what our minimum requirements should be and this is a huge help
  • @Calus_78 he can be useful. i found that he was more useful in t6 though. trying to get foresight spread is difficult in phase 4, and i don't use him in the other phases. it takes a bit of luck, since you have to gain foresight again after the rancor aoe's and hope he either goes again, or the rancor doesn't target him.

it wouldn't be too hard for phase 2 and phase 3 though, you could gain foresight while the rancor has been doored, and spread it immediately after.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    Good to know, cause I find that he really shines in T6
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    Hello Alita,
    Can you tell me if healers(Barris and lumi mainly) are useful in t7. They are to a certain extent in t6 but I would like to know if they will be in t7.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Spartamaj wrote: »
    Hello Alita,
    Can you tell me if healers(Barris and lumi mainly) are useful in t7. They are to a certain extent in t6 but I would like to know if they will be in t7.

Not particularly. It's all about damage and many of your toons with get one shotted anyway. Using a healing ability is a waste of potential DPS. The only pseudo exception to this is p1.
  • Khaleesi
    19 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Pardon me if im posting at the wrong thread.

I need to whine!

I have been at least level 75 when the whole guild thing started. And have been an overly active player except on my two weeks in the middle of some ocean with no internet unless i dock to shore.

So far, i have joined 3 guilds & have left 2 and now i am contemplating leaving the third. And i will tell you why it is so frustrating.

The first group was really nice and ultimately every team should be like that as everyone plays and puts it damage whenever they get a chance. And the player landscape was a good mix. And the raids were mostly tier 3s and 4s. No ones waiting out for a particular phase. I get to say that as a top 8 player. I left because i do not speak russian which seems to be 99% of the chat. I was sad to leave actually.

2nd group. I joined only for maybe 5 days, and i left because omg such an inactive group, it took like two days for them to finish a tier 2 raid, so i sorta believe i was over qualified for that group. So i was basically topping the raid charts. So i left.

Today's group "the last exile", i joined at level 79 already, and thought it was perfect coz it was for the "elite". And all we do is tier 5 raids, apparently they also did tier 6. And indeed, lowest level was 77. Chat was in English. Phew. So far i have finished 2 raids with them at rank 26 ish or so. But omg, i now discover why i wake up to find a raid over when it takes all day to do phase 1. And it is because people actually wait out to do the rancor phases. Felt like a stupid pawn wasting alll my attacks on tier 1. It was annoying! Because it is REALLY okay for weaker players to wait out as their team isnt ready or strong enough, but it is reallly annoying when those daily top charters in both raids and daily activities and lifetime worth of coins and currencies wait out. Because if they have that many coins and currencies, their character would have already maximized with gears. I checked their inventory and indeed they were very well equipped. And it is the same few people waiting out. I stalked them today after spending all my attacks on phase 1 and opening the rancor for them (left also 3 units of health on the door panel). What i discovered angered me.

I saw the same few people logging every so often, but no damage dealt for the first phase, meanwhile they were still active in topping the guild dailies. Nevermind my proof, but once i left them with phase 2. Suddenly the volcanoes became active again.

I asked the chat group and someone explained that phase one is hard. Okay fine.

But it cannot be that,

Phase 1 took 8 hours to finish.
    Phase 2 took 53 minutes maybe less.
    Edit add: Phase 3 took 1 hr 10min right after the reset.

What the...?

So now i finally understand what everyone else was doing. I think i can plan accordingly. Otherwise can someone recommend me a good group that is appropriate for my level?

That said,

This raid and rewards really need to be tweaked. Give every player a limit of tries per phase and not punish team players who finish all their attempts on phase one, only to pave the way for selfish pricks.

P. s. Coming from three different groups with very different dynamics, i can say say that in some tiers, phase 1s are easier than rancor phases. And in other tiers, rancor phases are easier.

So do not trust anyone telling you what phases are easier, it all depends on what your squad makeup is and what tiers they are playing on.
    Post edited by Khaleesi on
  • I laughed out loud at work EVERY TIME I read "he'll eat your face."
    Kind of like an adult saying "got your nose!" to a kid.

Great write up, thank you for the info and the humor :)
  • Good post, Alita.

My guild is going strongly @ tier 6 and considering the move to heroic. Looks like our strongest tactics aren't gonna work this time round (tm control).

This is going to need a little working out...
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • T7 is 10 M
    •P1 = 2m
    •P2 = 3m
    •P3 = 3m
    •P4 = 2m
  • RonEmpire wrote: »
    T7 is 10 M
    •P1 = 2m
    •P2 = 3m
    •P3 = 3m
    •P4 = 2m

very useful for the end for May but not September)))
    and btw
    p1 - 1.8
    p2 - 3,1
    p3 - 3,3
    p4 - 2,1
  • I find that teebo still works great in P1. Not so good in P4.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    For T6 if you have Teebo you can rank big numbers in any phase.

For T7 you will be fine with Teebo around 60% for the captain. For the rancor it has much higher tenacity.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    If anyone is reading in September... My guild finally managed to beat T7! There are only two whales among us, and most started with paltry inventories, so this is a huge achievement.

I can solo P1 with Teebo (L) pot +55, Fives, QGJ, Rey, and GS.
    My problem is P4. With all 25+ toons, I can only manage ~375k. What are some successful team compositions? I don't have Rex or EE or any p2p staples. My RG is only gear 9, and my chewie is g8. My top toons are(all 7k+ power:
    Lumi (8k+)
    QGJ(8k+)
    Teebo(8k+)
    GS(8k+)
    Phasma
    Mace
    Dooku
    Fives
    Rey
    Any suggestions for these guys? My zerg strategy has not been working.
  • I am just over 70% now and TMR does not stick very often in phase 3. I don't have much experience in phase 2 yet.
  • Given this is an older thread is the info still valid?
This discussion has been closed.