Yoda's damage needs to be buffed

Prev13
Well I don't know if it's worth posting it but I hope lots of people participate so to get the devs' attention- like a petition or smth.

They really need to buff Yoda's damage...The guy is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, supposedly one of the most powerful ones ever and he hits like a youngling who isn't even properly trained..Not to mention the process to get him in game- spending tons of time and resources to gather 5 7* Jedis and play one of the most ANNOYING battles ever designed in games' history. Only for that, he should hit like a proper master. If not, at least his damage numbers should be similar to Qui Gon's.

We went through so much to acquire him you guys...It hurts me to see him struggling to finish an already half-dead character in the arena...

I'm not asking to place him in the same category with Rey and FOTP, but still...

Replies

• Tycho
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I think the bigger problem is that the AI in this game is so awful that any characters that require some skill to play will be garbage in arena. I mean, the AI randomly picks from Ataru, Masterstroke, Unstoppable Force, and Battle Meditation and will 95% of the time pick the one that is wrong for the situation.

Characters that do well are the ones that can't go wrong. Ones with abilities that trigger under certain conditions. Like Fives for example... attack, attack, counter, counter, counter.
    Post edited by WillowStar on
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    No
  • Sikho wrote: »
    No

Wow...Strong arguments my man...

If you intend to comment, at least care to elaborate
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    Yes. He hits like a wet noodle now.
  • No. His utility makes up for lower damage. Three special abilities + foresight on every basic hit doesn't require him to hit hard. I've made it through entire galactic Wars with him keeping his protection
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    No. His utility makes up for lower damage. Three special abilities + foresight on every basic hit doesn't require him to hit hard. I've made it through entire galactic Wars with him keeping his protection

This.
    Yoda, without any buffs on a QGJ lead team, would go first and hit someone (pre-protection) for about 6-8k. That's an opener. If he had an offense up buff? Well, you might as well just flip the game to auto because you've already lost.

Hist damage was rightfully lowered and he is now a competitive, but no OP, champion.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    He may be decent if used by a player. AI Yoda in the arena is garbage and I never hesitate to jump on a team that uses him. I won't be putting my Yoda there.
  • fudgra wrote: »
    He may be decent if used by a player. AI Yoda in the arena is garbage and I never hesitate to jump on a team that uses him. I won't be putting my Yoda there.

Three times, in the history of facing Yoda as an opponent, has he used meditation properly...and I think that was a complete accident.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »

@fudgra
    He can be good on QGJ lead teams. Yoda always goes first, on defense, and throw an RG in there and he sticks around. You now have a buffed crazy fast furby with offense up being a total wrecking ball for several turns.

But, I still agree, outside of what I just described above he is sub par in any other team (at least from the teams I have fought). He is still well worth his weight... okay more so... when you go against a Phasma/Kylo team. Counter buff for my entire team? THANKS BUDDY!
  • Toukai wrote: »

@fudgra
    He can be good on QGJ lead teams. Yoda always goes first, on defense, and throw an RG in there and he sticks around. You now have a buffed crazy fast furby with offense up being a total wrecking ball for several turns.

But, I still agree, outside of what I just described above he is sub par in any other team (at least from the teams I have fought). He is still well worth his weight... okay more so... when you go against a Phasma/Kylo team. Counter buff for my entire team? THANKS BUDDY!

He's fun to use with an old Ben+kylo team, especially if you have Ventress on your side. All you see is green.
  • TOMxBAKER
    30 posts Member
    It's true he has a lot of utility. The sad part is... The focus and dedication it took to get him before now. Then the challenge was crazy hard. Now, they nerf him and the challenge, so the great effort and resources into getting him feels wasted.

I passed on Dooku, Kylo, Daka, GS to focus on Jedi. When Yoda first came out, I was rewarded climbed to top 5 arena, the way it should be. Now, I cannot use in arena... True, I can use him to win battles due to utility, but if I fight my last battle him, I get hammered. Last time I left him in for battle 5 I fell from 9 to 91 overnight.

So now, I get thumped by the people who ignored the challenge to get the greatest Jedi in the Galaxy.

How can a person with rudimentary knowledge of StarWars let this happen. It is a travesty. The whole Yoda story is.... Size matters not.... Now his power is as diminutive as his stature... Makes me very sad on a number of levels.

Sorry, but that is not balance and it is not fair to those of us who made sacrifices to complete the challenge. I feel robbed!!!!

Restore Yoda to his rightful place at the top of the food chain, and keep the challenge hard!!! I suffered through it and hated every minute of it. But, the reward was worth it... Back them. Now, I wish had pursued other characters.

Please make me glad I did the challenge again.

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Toukai wrote: »

@fudgra

He can be very useful. If he was worth leaving in the arena he'd be much more valuable. Considering his damage nerf I don't think he is when controlled by AI. Most people have already removed him from their arena teams. Before the nerf Yodas were everywhere.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    The list of characters that need to be buffed 10x more than yoda is unbelievably long, Yoda is actually pretty good and definitely usable.

It is an absolute joke to call for buffs to characters that are already better than half the other characters in the game. He is amazing in raids, and is pretty decent in arena too.
  • TOMxBAKER
    30 posts Member
    Oh yeah... I guess the fact that a 5* Royal Guard can completely neutralize a 7* Jedi team with Yoda is fair and balanced????
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    TOMxBAKER wrote: »

I passed on Dooku, Kylo, Daka, GS to focus on Jedi.

One of my biggest regrets in this game. Before the Yoda deal I had GS on 6*. I actually postponed getting his 7th to get all these Jedi to 7*.

Months later, I finally have five 7* Jedi, still a 6* GS, and soon a 7* Yoda that's no longer arena worthy since he's seen as a non-threat. If arena battles were actual PvP it would be a different ballgame.

• gitts411
    56 posts Member
    The thing about yoda is he is not easy to acquire. People invested on jedi that are not viable like mace windu and eeth koth just to get yoda. People want him to be above average. IMO yoda before damage nerf was perfect. Now yoda is an average non-meta-but-still-viable character. If they're not gonna buff yoda's damage back, they might as well make his shards available in hard battles and guild shipments. Yoda event is a joke now.
  • Starjumper
    993 posts Member
    gitts411 wrote: »
    The thing about yoda is he is not easy to acquire. People invested on jedi that are not viable like mace windu and eeth koth just to get yoda. People want him to be above average. IMO yoda before damage nerf was perfect. Now yoda is an average non-meta-but-still-viable character. If they're not gonna buff yoda's damage back, they might as well make his shards available in hard battles and guild shipments. Yoda event is a joke now.

Yoda is above average and at present unique.
    First off he is a support character - not an attacker
    No his shards do not need to be added to hard battles or guild shipments. Like vader and grievous you have to put in the work if you want him
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Everyone was calling for nerfs, now you folks want buffs!!??

This is why the Devs shouldn't be nerfing/buffing anything without half the games populous having said hero... Most people don't even know what they want out of life let alone the game they play "on occation".

Honestly, it's like sitting in on a preschool class & listening in on the kids there in... To them they sound like professors, to the rest of the world... Like the adolescence they are.
  • Everyone was calling for nerfs, now you folks want buffs!!??

This is why the Devs shouldn't be nerfing/buffing anything without half the games populous having said hero... Most people don't even know what they want out of life let alone the game they play "on occation".

Honestly, it's like sitting in on a preschool class & listening in on the kids there in... To them they sound like professors, to the rest of the world... Like the adolescence they are.

Except for magma. He really does need to be buffed.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    Yoda is fine, he is a support toon, not an attacker. He debuffs and buffs, he's not there to do damage. Just like Barriss, boosts HP, gives HP at the start of turns and when she hits enemies. She's a healer.

They honestly need to bring more toons in line with their class. You have tanks that can't taunt, how is this possible? Fives can double tap people but he can't taunt, even though mitigating damage to your softer allies should be a tanks primary purpose.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    For a character that requires you to farm, gear up and 7* unwanted characters, his damage is really low. And QGJ/Asajj can dispel his tenacity up which is a complete joke! Awful in defense, sometimes good in offense but guess what...nobody cares since there are much better alternatives!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Canon really has no place in balance arguments, and alpha toons are bad for the game.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    Absolutely not - he has way too many abilities and is borderline OP as it is (which is right where he should be) and you want to buff him?
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Absolutely not - he has way too many abilities and is borderline OP as it is (which is right where he should be) and you want to buff him?

You HAVE to be kidding me right? Like what is wrong with you?? Yoda BORDERLINE OP???
  • GuinUK
    65 posts Member
    Everyone was calling for nerfs, now you folks want buffs!!??

What is worse is people Level 69 are complaining they struggle against L80 players like 5555s and waste time moaning for nerfs instead of just leveling. Until the majority of the board are 80, and geared equivalently then nobody should be getting nerfs. I'm 77 and no longer have that much issue with 5s whereas 4 levels ago I avoided him like the plague.

Yoda is fine where he is. Love him in the raid and in GW. He's not in my arena team as he's a little complex for the AI to cope with - I prefer to leave the AI with no random button pressing issues. That being said he is now viable and another option for teams, something we've never had in previous metas.

http://swgoh.gg/u/GuinUK - 0otini - 688-542-619 - A word of advice - never read a pop-up book about giraffes.
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Folks, folks, folks.....

You have to think of toons in terms of roles and toolsets. Heavy dps is heavy dps, things like GS and 86. They do this one thing, kill the enemy fast as possible, and that's their task.

Everyone else serves to either shield your dps to give them longer to do their job (tanks, in particular), or manipulates to control events and create opportunities for the killers to do their job. And that's it. Nobody should excel at both (although QGJ is admittedly close...). Several roles grouped together, but each with different aspects: survivability, control, and opportunity creation.

Yoda excels, really excels, at many within the second set of roles. He's not heavy dps. And he shouldn't be. And if you can excuse me for putting it bluntly, anyone you believes he needs to have his dps jacked up to be worth while really doesn't understand how this game works, how to build an effective team, or the basic concept that different toons are good at different roles and that you need a mixture of roles in order to succeed.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    no
  • There should be a middle ground. It is possible to tweak toons without completely changing their viability. Barris, Yoda, FOTP and RG all had their viability changed dramatically. No need. If they'd have been changed by 50% of what they were changed then peoples investments wouldn't have felt so worthless.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Well I don't know if it's worth posting it but I hope lots of people participate so to get the devs' attention- like a petition or smth.

They really need to buff Yoda's damage...The guy is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, supposedly one of the most powerful ones ever and he hits like a youngling who isn't even properly trained..Not to mention the process to get him in game- spending tons of time and resources to gather 5 7* Jedis and play one of the most ANNOYING battles ever designed in games' history. Only for that, he should hit like a proper master. If not, at least his damage numbers should be similar to Qui Gon's.

We went through so much to acquire him you guys...It hurts me to see him struggling to finish an already half-dead character in the arena...

I'm not asking to place him in the same category with Rey and FOTP, but still...

ROFL. No.

You pay for his toolbox by him not having crazy damage.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    can you nerf yoda