Disappointed in PVP...here's why

reizse
1447 posts Member
edited December 2015
this is what the last 15 minutes of pvp have looked like for me the past 3 days. as if it wasn't bad enough that other players are locked in their own battles...i can't even engage another player because...guess what? i've been locked for 5 minutes with someone else.

this has been iterated before, but it's frustrating that i can't fight other when i wish.
the system put in place encourages sniping, so that's a moot point. no way around it; either keep an hour of your life free to snipe or fall in the ranks.

why not implement a system based on points rather than king of the hill style ranking? wins can give a base 10 points with a small bonus 1-5 points based on differences in power level.
draws/losses grant zero points.

this way, we can fight whomever we wish, whenever we wish, with those aiming for top rewards spending crystals to refill to stay ahead with the highest accumulated points. the arena screen can show up to 10 (3 + scrolling left for more players) with a crystal cost to refresh the roster (and auto refresh every 6 hours). this will still allow for sniping for anyone who wishes to keep that hour free before payout, but it won't alienate players like myself from being locked out and subsequently dropped in ranks just because the current system espouses this type of behavior.

for example, i can live in a timezone where the payout happens to be around 3AM local time. i surely don't want to wake up at 2AM every day to snipe/protect my rank, so i fight throughout the day and spend crystals to accumulate points through wins and hold my rank since i'm 2k points over the next bracket.

i'm not too upset about losing 50 crystals a day because i was dropped from top 5-10 to the 20 bracket. it's the lack of ability to defend myself and hold the rank through actual competitive play that is upsetting. i'm ranked in the top 10 from after rewards are doled out until the last 15 minutes before the next payout, where i find myself 10-20 ranks below. call it what you will, but either i'm not worthy of top 10 for 23.75 hours a day, or i am and get locked/sniped from it.

BaaxdTH.jpg
mighty chlorians

Replies

• PvPAI.

This function of the game is already so terribly uncompetitive that it would be best to give rewards at midnight based on your highest rank for the day.