Suggestion: Allow raid starter to set first character refresh timer

BeWary
367 posts Member
I'd like to suggest that the person (leader or officer) starting the raid be able to set the timer for the first character refresh. It would be selectable between a min and max range, say min 8 hours, max 24. This way the guild leaders could ensure everyone gets a fair shot at the first and second round of fighting in the raid.

It would also have the benefit of allowing the guild to start the raid at any time of the day while still being fair to all guild members, especially when guild members may be spread across the globe.

As it is now, at least for my guild, the characters refresh at 4am Eastern time, which results in the same hardcore players always getting to finish off the raid and padding their scores (because they're up, or get up, at that time). While I don't blame them, it would be nice if everyone in the guild had an equal chance at the refresh without sacrificing quality of life. :)

After the first refresh is fired, I imagine 24 hours would be the default for the next refresh.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Agreed 100%.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    +1
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    Absolutely +1. My guild's current refresh is 3 am. Fortunately, it's a good bunch of people, and not greedy hardcore types, but there is a still a detriment for anyone who cannot be on at 3am, especially if the rancor is nearly dead before refresh. It creates a situation where some people will always get 10 attacks to the majority of us getting only 5. There are ways a guild could address this internally, but let's face it - CG created the system, and I'm hopeful it can change. Just let the guild leader set the refresh timer with the raid, or make the refresh correspond to 24 hours after the raid is started. Seems pretty darn simple.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully someone at CG is reading this.

On another note, they really need to add Guild and Raid Feedback sub-forums, no?