Please return "sell" option

Speaker4thedead
444 posts Member
edited May 2016
The sell option was removed a while ago, because the devs said no one used it. While I genuinely believe this, when it was removed, the game was still in its infancy. However now that I've played for 6 months or so, I have accumulated an extraordinary amount of gear. To complete the challenges, I trained myself to check shipments multiple times a day so I could purchase the gear. Now that I have completed all of those achievements, I still find myself buying more useless equipment. While before no one used the sell option, I truly believe people would use it now. Especially with how difficult credits are to acquire. It would help me tremendously to be able to sell some of the level 1 gear that I have close to 1000 of. PLEASE DEVS, BRING BACK SELL OPTION!

Thank you
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    "Can't you see it in your heart that what you truly wish is to open your wallet and allow us to purchase our third summer home?" -E.A. probably
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    I remember when they removed the sell option. It was touted as an interface cleanup back then and I laughed because I began to understand how these guys were working. The reason they removed it is because they want you to have thousands of pieces of useless gear, they don't want you selling it to build your credits up, they want you to "buy" credits.

They really should put it back though since there is such a credit crunch Levels 70 thru 80 and beyond...
  • Arryn_Ren
    71 posts Member
    I would love to have it back. Have so many useless items, and so few credits...
  • Sporkspam
    55 posts Member
    They "claim!" that no one used the sell option, well, I beg to differ! I used it every week to dump all the junk I didn't need, didn't really make many credits even though I'd sell thousands of gear each week (but still keeping hold of 50-100max of each item, jic). But it was something, and something is better than nothing. Now I'm setting on thousands of grey and green gear that I can't use until I am able to recruit another room.

BRING IT BACK! There's still enough of a credit crunch at the higher levels that keeps everyone grinding. And with all this new raid gear, you've built a substantial gate that selling the measly piddly crap won't make any real difference in the long run!
  • mbsliwa
    31 posts Member
    I remember when it was available to sell stuff. Selling 250 pieces of salvage netted something like 1000 credits. I'm sure some other pieces brought in slightly higher amounts, but do you really think that is going to solve the credit crunch?? I could see if they only allowed us to store X number of items before our allotted storage was full, but there is no cap on the amount of useless crap we can carry. I'd rather them work on the issues that are really plaguing game play than earn an extra 17,983 credits selling all my scrap, only to find out I have to farm low level items when I unlock a new toon and have to gear to equip him with.
  • please dont use Dev/EA in the title.

Edited it for you.
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    please dont use Dev/EA in the title.

Edited it for you.

Ok, thank you. my apologies. When I saw you had posted, I was like yea maybe its in the works... Or maybe I messed up, lol
  • I agree that its not like I would expect much return. And I mean they DID just give us a double event where I was able to obtain 6million credits.

Its not about the credits, I don't expect to make much if anything from selling the gear. The main thing for me is that it just bothers me knowing I have 600 of some gear that I'll never use.

At the very least, we don't have storage capacity.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    You never know I might need these 600 mark V stun guns one day. (rolls eyes)
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • I think there was another issue: people would sell stuff and not realize it and then send EA/CG tons of requests. (this is a response I remember.)
    I could understand them getting a ton of complaints that people "didn't realize they threw away a whole piece instead of a salvage" or whatnot and just deciding to scrap it for the hassle.
    I would love it back personally.
  • I'm sure the ability to "sell" items will be back eventually. It will just be spun as a service.

Come one! Come all! Clear your inventory of Mk 1 Arakyd Droid Callers! Our cleanup shop only charges 1 crystal per item deleted!
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    I think there was another issue: people would sell stuff and not realize it and then send EA/CG tons of requests. (this is a response I remember.)
    I could understand them getting a ton of complaints that people "didn't realize they threw away a whole piece instead of a salvage" or whatnot and just deciding to scrap it for the hassle.

That could easily be made "locked". Only allow certain items to be sold.
  • jeremyj26 wrote: »
    I think there was another issue: people would sell stuff and not realize it and then send EA/CG tons of requests. (this is a response I remember.)

Not saying if anything is easy or not, just what I remember being the problem.
    I would love the option back.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Either this or give us an option to trade in our useless gear for some purple gear. Although I'm sure the conversion would be 100K pieces for one purple salvage.
  • I vote "yes". If you have tons of an item that became useless long ago, yet continues to be "awarded" uselessly in some of the challenges, you should be able to trade in anywhere from 10-20 of them for, oh, say, 5 of an ingredient that you actually need, especially for gear that calls for 50 of the same item.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

Not saying if anything is easy or not, just what I remember being the problem.
    I would love the option back.

I think we would all like the option back. :/