Raid Reset times @ 3AM CST

This seems ridiculous. Why would we have raid reset times at 3 AM? Anyone else have weird or odd reset times?

Replies

  • Gutazedo
    77 posts Member
    6 a.m.
    It should be based on the time the leader started the Raid, not as it is right now.
  • StarSon
    3545 posts Member
    The raid reset time, AFAIK, is based on guild leader's time zone. Right now, that means mine reset at 0100 CDT, but the guild mates on GMT get reset at 0600.

    I don't see an issue with this.
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    Yup. One of my accounts is in a guild where the leader is in Asia, and it resets at a weird time for me. No big deal.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    9 pm for me.
  • Gutazedo
    77 posts Member
    There's a big deal if you're trying to stay TOP 3 damage done in the raid!
  • Gutazedo wrote: »
    6 a.m.
    It should be based on the time the leader started the Raid, not as it is right now.

    Agreed.
  • Gutazedo wrote: »
    There's a big deal if you're trying to stay TOP 3 damage done in the raid!

    Exactly.
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Then join a guild in a timezone that works for you. Otherwise, any time that's picked won't work for someone.
  • BeWary
    363 posts Member
    Gutazedo wrote: »
    There's a big deal if you're trying to stay TOP 3 damage done in the raid!

    Exactly.

    Yup, I posted a suggestion in the UI sub-forum about this very topic. Check it out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/37052/suggestion-allow-raid-starter-to-set-first-character-refresh-timer?new=1
  • BeWary wrote: »
    Gutazedo wrote: »
    There's a big deal if you're trying to stay TOP 3 damage done in the raid!

    Exactly.

    Yup, I posted a suggestion in the UI sub-forum about this very topic. Check it out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/37052/suggestion-allow-raid-starter-to-set-first-character-refresh-timer?new=1

    Yep agreed with it.
  • Nightlores
    1599 posts Member
    People in my guild feel the need to set their alarm clock and wake up in the middle of the night to fight the Rancor and get that top 10 spot instead of people who can't/don't. This is really ridiculous.

    Please make a change so the 24 hours reset timer starts the moment the raid is started, so we can determine our own raid time!
  • BeWary
    363 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »
    People in my guild feel the need to set their alarm clock and wake up in the middle of the night to fight the Rancor and get that top 10 spot instead of people who can't/don't. This is really ridiculous.

    Please make a change so the 24 hours reset timer starts the moment the raid is started, so we can determine our own raid time!

    That's also a good solution. +1
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    And if the Guild leader starts the raid at 10am his time which equates to 3AM your time, you'll be in the same situation.

    They advised everyone before they released guilds that guild events would be based off of the leader's time zone. That's why I put my timezone in the guild description so people would know going in.
  • StarSon
    3545 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    And if the Guild leader starts the raid at 10am his time which equates to 3AM your time, you'll be in the same situation.

    They advised everyone before they released guilds that guild events would be based off of the leader's time zone. That's why I put my timezone in the guild description so people would know going in.

    +1
  • RAYRAY
    2633 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »
    People in my guild feel the need to set their alarm clock and wake up in the middle of the night to fight the Rancor and get that top 10 spot instead of people who can't/don't. This is really ridiculous.

    Please make a change so the 24 hours reset timer starts the moment the raid is started, so we can determine our own raid time!

    This please! It should be 24 hours after the raid started. That way at least we can start the raid at the time that benefits most of the members.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY
    2633 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    And if the Guild leader starts the raid at 10am his time which equates to 3AM your time, you'll be in the same situation.

    They advised everyone before they released guilds that guild events would be based off of the leader's time zone. That's why I put my timezone in the guild description so people would know going in.

    Sure, we all knew this was going to happen, but it doesn't make it right. This should be changed to reset 24 hours after the raid begins. That way the raid leader could adjust the time the raid starts every other raid to give others a chance to get that extra round of attacks in after reset.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • StarSon
    3545 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    And if the Guild leader starts the raid at 10am his time which equates to 3AM your time, you'll be in the same situation.

    They advised everyone before they released guilds that guild events would be based off of the leader's time zone. That's why I put my timezone in the guild description so people would know going in.

    Sure, we all knew this was going to happen, but it doesn't make it right. This should be changed to reset 24 hours after the raid begins. That way the raid leader could adjust the time the raid starts every other raid to give others a chance to get that extra round of attacks in after reset.

    Everyone has a chance to get extra hits in. But in your scenario, you start it at 1000 your time. That equates to 0300 for a few guild members. They are in the exact same boat as they are now.

    Or you start it at 1700 so those guild members get the start at 1000, but then someone else's time is now at midnight, which is too late for them. And any number of countless other scenarios.

    This is why they shouldn't change it, why they told us about this ahead of time, and why you are encouraged to recruit within your own timezone.
  • BeWary
    363 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Sure, we all knew this was going to happen, but it doesn't make it right. This should be changed to reset 24 hours after the raid begins. That way the raid leader could adjust the time the raid starts every other raid to give others a chance to get that extra round of attacks in after reset.

    +1
  • BeWary
    363 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    ...This is why they shouldn't change it, why they told us about this ahead of time, and why you are encouraged to recruit within your own timezone.

    I disagree. My guild leader is only 1 hour behind me, yet I would still need to get up at 3am to get a second shot at the raids. That is silly.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Playing devil's advocate on this, but there is a good argument against this for guilds that do late night raids.

    My guild's raids reset at 1:00AM Eastern. We have not done this but I can see people doing so. Start a raid at 11PM or 12AM. Do your first 5 attacks the best you can. 1AM rolls around and you are ready to proceed with the next set of attacks.

    I could see this happening easily on weekend raids. Sure, some people will not want to stay up and they actually may miss the first day's attacks but if it's planned out ahead of time with chat/line/forums/etc at least everyone knows of the availability.
  • StarSon
    3545 posts Member
    BeWary wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    ...This is why they shouldn't change it, why they told us about this ahead of time, and why you are encouraged to recruit within your own timezone.

    I disagree. My guild leader is only 1 hour behind me, yet I would still need to get up at 3am to get a second shot at the raids. That is silly.

    Right, your timezone is only an hour behind. So they change it, and now your reset is at a reasonable 8:00 PM. Except Kelly over there is GMT +5. So now her reset time is 1:00 AM.

    Your next response is "the guild leader will start it at a time that works for everybody." Except that's not possible, unless you recruit based on timezone... which they already told you to do, making this a non-issue.
  • BeWary
    363 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    Playing devil's advocate on this, but there is a good argument against this for guilds that do late night raids.

    My guild's raids reset at 1:00AM Eastern. We have not done this but I can see people doing so. Start a raid at 11PM or 12AM. Do your first 5 attacks the best you can. 1AM rolls around and you are ready to proceed with the next set of attacks.

    I could see this happening easily on weekend raids. Sure, some people will not want to stay up and they actually may miss the first day's attacks but if it's planned out ahead of time with chat/line/forums/etc at least everyone knows of the availability.

    This happened in my guild once. A raid was started at 1 or 2am, and then the reset immediately followed. So the hardcore players ended up getting 3 shots to everyone else's 1 shot. It wasn't cool, but the guild leader vowed it wouldn't happen again. However, with officers being able to start raids, he can't really guarantee that.

    That's part of the reason the timer should be based on when the raid started.
  • StarSon
    3545 posts Member
    SSB wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    BeWary wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    ...This is why they shouldn't change it, why they told us about this ahead of time, and why you are encouraged to recruit within your own timezone.

    I disagree. My guild leader is only 1 hour behind me, yet I would still need to get up at 3am to get a second shot at the raids. That is silly.

    Right, your timezone is only an hour behind. So they change it, and now your reset is at a reasonable 8:00 PM. Except Kelly over there is GMT +5. So now her reset time is 1:00 AM.

    Your next response is "the guild leader will start it at a time that works for everybody." Except that's not possible, unless you recruit based on timezone... which they already told you to do, making this a non-issue.

    That's why you would alternate the start times so that all the members have a chance every other raid. As it is now, only the same ones are able to go more than once. That's why it needs to change.

    But you are missing the point. We were told up front to recruit based on time zone for this very specific reason. If you have people scattered about, that is kind of on you.

    We have two guys that set alarms to get in right away, and at least two others that have babies and are up shortly after the reset (which for them is either 0100 or 0330). As a result, yesterday's raid finished before I could get a 2nd run in. And you know what? I couldn't care less, and judging by chat neither could anyone else.

    Based on everything that's been said, I think it is a non-issue, and would much rather the devs spend time on real bugs and new content.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Don't waste the devs time.
    Find a guild that is in your own timezone, or start your own. Either way, stop crying
  • StarSon
    3545 posts Member
    SSB wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    SSB wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    BeWary wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    ...This is why they shouldn't change it, why they told us about this ahead of time, and why you are encouraged to recruit within your own timezone.

    I disagree. My guild leader is only 1 hour behind me, yet I would still need to get up at 3am to get a second shot at the raids. That is silly.

    Right, your timezone is only an hour behind. So they change it, and now your reset is at a reasonable 8:00 PM. Except Kelly over there is GMT +5. So now her reset time is 1:00 AM.

    Your next response is "the guild leader will start it at a time that works for everybody." Except that's not possible, unless you recruit based on timezone... which they already told you to do, making this a non-issue.

    That's why you would alternate the start times so that all the members have a chance every other raid. As it is now, only the same ones are able to go more than once. That's why it needs to change.

    But you are missing the point. We were told up front to recruit based on time zone for this very specific reason. If you have people scattered about, that is kind of on you.

    We have two guys that set alarms to get in right away, and at least two others that have babies and are up shortly after the reset (which for them is either 0100 or 0330). As a result, yesterday's raid finished before I could get a 2nd run in. And you know what? I couldn't care less, and judging by chat neither could anyone else.

    Based on everything that's been said, I think it is a non-issue, and would much rather the devs spend time on real bugs and new content.

    So if something is not working for the majority of the players then it doesn't need to change just because they told us in advance?

    Who are these majority? I have seen maybe 2 dozen people complain, and about as many say "meh."

    And even if it is the majority, there were quite a bit more people unhappy about daylight savings and we were told they wouldn't code for that. I doubt very much this is any different to them.
  • Muerrto
    16 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    But you are missing the point. We were told up front to recruit based on time zone for this very specific reason. If you have people scattered about, that is kind of on you.

    We have two guys that set alarms to get in right away, and at least two others that have babies and are up shortly after the reset (which for them is either 0100 or 0330). As a result, yesterday's raid finished before I could get a 2nd run in. And you know what? I couldn't care less, and judging by chat neither could anyone else.

    Based on everything that's been said, I think it is a non-issue, and would much rather the devs spend time on real bugs and new content.

    Except you're the one actually missing the point. The time when you start the raid is completely VOLUNTARY and chosen by the guild leader. It can be changed, moved, altered etc.

    My reset time is FIXED. It can't be changed, moved, altered, etc.

    If the reset time is made 24 hours, the only people getting screwed (if any) are the ones that can't get a second run in before it dies after the 24 hour mark. Which means they're not able to raid at the raid's start time.

    That, to use your own words, is on them. The raid time can be changed, posted, etc.

    The reset time is FIXED by the game. Mine's 2 am. I get screwed in every single raid. If it was 24 hours, the only people getting screwed would be the people who shouldn't be in the guild in the first place because the raid times don't work with their schedule.

    It's great you don't think it's a big deal because it doesn't affect you. Very good attitude to have.

    However, for those of us that it DOES affect, it sucks.

    You should try and look at things from both sides sometime. It might be illuminating.

Sign In or Register to comment.