Possible buff for "Fives"

Prev1
It's all well and good that Fives can feasibly handle a 1 v 4 confrontation, but is it too much to ask for a "Fives" vs five Arena stoush?

I propose a new ability: Bow Before Your Clone God (Unique)
On each successful counter, Fives' enemy will kneel before Fives and beg for mercy, at which point said enemy will be summarily executed, and Fives regains 50% health.

Reasonable?

Replies

• Nope. Seriously 5s is not OP. Stop ruining a good toon. Man he used to suck when he did not have double attack on slow. Now he's relevant and everyone is bashing him...

There are more toons that need consideration/re-work. E.g. Anakin and FOTP who people spent hours/cash grinding.

FYI there are two decent F2P stun toons already. Daka and RG.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    FOTP is more than fine. I fought a gear 9 in GW 2 days ago he one-shot me.
  • Fives is alright. Wouldn't call him a god more of an annoyance than a god...
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Fives is OK, Don't touch him :) He is f2p available, by the way. Everybody can get him. Stop crying.
  • It's all well and good that Fives can feasibly handle a 1 v 4 confrontation, but is it too much to ask for a "Fives" vs five Arena stoush?

On each successful counter, Fives' enemy will kneel before Fives and beg for mercy, at which point said enemy will be summarily executed, and Fives regains 50% health.

Reasonable?

I almost spit coffee out of my mouth reading this. It was the **** and funniest thing I ever read about this game.
  • I got him to 7* for fun and one piece of gear away from gear 9. Took a day and a half for the gear and hes alright now at 6100ish power. Just doesnt hit hard enough for my liking but i do love the health. 1v4 is questionable imo unless ur going up against some scrubs. Gear level 9 fives is supposed to get 20k protection and 20k health. I could dish out 40k damage in a few turns less then 2 rounds most likely unless kylo hits for that 12k crit ;) so really u just leave him for last then go to town
  • It's all well and good that Fives can feasibly handle a 1 v 4 confrontation, but is it too much to ask for a "Fives" vs five Arena stoush?

Reasonable?

I almost spit coffee out of my mouth reading this. It was the **** and funniest thing I ever read about this game.

I have fives, but dont use him and the idea sounds great! Would make facing him challenging and fun, if it only works on counters as descriptions says, a few ways to deal with him still exists. :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    For months Fives was completely ignored in arena. You could just save him until the end and mow him down.
    Now he's actually a threat if you do that.
    He's a tauntless tank. They need something to make them dangerous or there is no point.
    They don't need to nerf Fives. They need to make other tauntless tanks, like Finn and Mace, better.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    For months Fives was completely ignored in arena. You could just save him until the end and mow him down.
    Now he's actually a threat if you do that.
    He's a tauntless tank. They need something to make them dangerous or there is no point.
    They don't need to nerf Fives. They need to make other tauntless tanks, like Finn and Mace, better.

Absolutely right about that! He can be countered so no problems there, but other tanks that pose no threat at all must be made viable for disparity's sake!
  • The only toon in need of a nerf is Old Ben and his broken turn meter lead
  • CUNOMOR
    74 posts Member
    Nope. Seriously 5s is not OP. Stop ruining a good toon. Man he used to suck when he did not have double attack on slow. Now he's relevant and everyone is bashing him...

There are more toons that need consideration/re-work. E.g. Anakin and FOTP who people spent hours/cash grinding.

FYI there are two decent F2P stun toons already. Daka and RG.

EXACTLY. Thank you. "<INSERT TOON> is totally OP." = I haven't farmed and worked that one yet, so it's not fair. He's finally a great team addition at lvl 76; it would be a stupid shame if they messed with him.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Stunners are key. Rey, who will shortly be everywhere since her shards frequently appear in the guild shop, also wrecks his face. Yes he counters, and she can't do it alone, but even a G9 Fives can have half his health taken out with one shot by a buffed Rey.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I'm one of those that hate him now ever since he took me out when I had 4 toons left that still had protection vs him. I finish top 5 for awhile now and I go against him everyday and if my daka goes down so I can't stun him it's game over man for me.
    Qgj (l), rey, han, daka, GS for me.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Fives not OP, but is a problem because it takes at least a minute to kill him with 5 toons!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    It's funny that no one thinks it's a problem that their OP team got into a 1 v4/5 situation with fives. How did that happen? Could it be that fives had zero impact in the first two turns of battle?
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    It's funny that no one thinks it's a problem that their OP team got into a 1 v4/5 situation with fives. How did that happen? Could it be that fives had zero impact in the first two turns of battle?

This is true but it's because why would someone attack him first when his counter hits twice and takes huge chunks of your hp away and there is no way you can kill him before the rest of their team kills yours.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    warmonkey wrote: »
    This is true but it's because why would someone attack him first when his counter hits twice and takes huge chunks of your hp away and there is no way you can kill him before the rest of their team kills yours.

I whittle away at him during the fight whenever possible. If there are no major threats, RG always hits him; if the stun lands, everyone whacks him. Same with Daka, if she gets a secondary on him, everyone whacks him.
    Rey has offense up and foresight? Whack.
    Etc.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

I whittle away at him during the fight whenever possible. If there are no major threats, RG always hits him; if the stun lands, everyone whacks him. Same with Daka, if she gets a secondary on him, everyone whacks him.
    Etc.

That's the thing, gotta put the stun on him to win. Him paired with ben lead is so very nasty since he will avoid those stuns the majority of the time.

Btw I've been talking about the fully geared and omegaed up fives. Anything below that is not a threat at all.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Man everyone moans.... Dooku OP. 5s OP. RG OP. And then they'll all be butchered and we will move on to the new toon and moan about it till its nerfed. the cycle goes on and on...

For the record I don't own a 5s. But this moaning is just ridiculous
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Etc.

+1
    You aren't going to beat him with glass cannons alone - you have to outsmart him and play to his weakness. The same goes for every "OP" toon. He stuns very easy.

There is a strategy to this game. You can't just hire all heavy hitters and expect to win.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

Etc.

That's the thing, gotta put the stun on him to win. Him paired with ben lead is so very nasty since he will avoid those stuns the majority of the time.

Btw I've been talking about the fully geared and omegaed up fives. Anything below that is not a threat at all.

I usually focus on fives when there are 3 left. Rey with dodge hits him, and my assist attacks and stuns. The others go after the other 2. Him and RG are the first two chars that require thought on how to deal with as opposed to just having a kill order.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    5's is laughable. i don't touch him until he's the last man standing stunned.
    mighty chlorians
  • Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    Leave 5s alone.

He's now serviceable with the double tap. And even with that he hits pretty soft.

At least he doesn't counter, then a bonus turn, stunning and ability blocking 1-2 toons. Then dodges your attack, gaining offense up, then attacking and getting another bonus attack stunning and/or ability blocking 1-2 of your toons and then caps it off with force lightning stunning 1-2 of your toons. Just sayin.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    I agree that fives needs a buff, I think he needs the ability to heal his teams protection with every shot! :D
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I agree that fives needs a buff, I think he needs the ability to heal his teams protection with every shot! :D

This isn't a bad idea actually. Maybe he could also give the team offense, speed and crit up every time he uses his special. Along with the heal to protection with every shot of his basic, this may make 5's viable finally.
    #buff5s
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I lost in arena 1v1 with a g9 omega Fives against a g9 omega Rey. Both had full protection. It was a super rare circumstance where RG/Han/QGJ suckered me into ignoring her. She hit and got foresight, so counters did nothing, her speed was too high, and my slow never stuck. She might have gotten some favorable rng, but there you have it - a cannon, who does high damage the whole match, can also occasionally 1v1 Fives at the end even though that's his strength. Give the nerfs a rest.

Don't nerf Rey either, btw, even though I'm saying she's a better toon than Fives.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I lost in arena 1v1 with a g9 omega Fives against a g9 omega Rey. Both had full protection. It was a super rare circumstance where RG/Han/QGJ suckered me into ignoring her. She hit and got foresight, so counters did nothing, her speed was too high, and my slow never stuck. She might have gotten some favorable rng, but there you have it - a cannon, who does high damage the whole match, can also occasionally 1v1 Fives at the end even though that's his strength. Give the nerfs a rest.

Don't nerf Rey either, btw, even though I'm saying she's a better toon than Fives.

The same can be done with Yoda at the end of a match. Although Yoda is squishy, he keeps getting foresight until 5s is under 50%. Yoda will be full if at this point because foresight and should outlast 5's (especially if he lands a stun once under 50%.) So there, even without favorable RNG a squishy toon can finish off fives 1 on 1 at the end of a match.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I lost in arena 1v1 with a g9 omega Fives against a g9 omega Rey. Both had full protection. It was a super rare circumstance where RG/Han/QGJ suckered me into ignoring her. She hit and got foresight, so counters did nothing, her speed was too high, and my slow never stuck. She might have gotten some favorable rng, but there you have it - a cannon, who does high damage the whole match, can also occasionally 1v1 Fives at the end even though that's his strength. Give the nerfs a rest.

It's one thing to lose because your strategy wasn't right, and another to lose 3v1 to Fives. Just saying! I don't want no nerfs either on anybody, especially now!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    It's one thing to lose because your strategy wasn't right, and another to lose 3v1 to Fives.

These are the same thing.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

The same can be done with Yoda at the end of a match. Although Yoda is squishy, he keeps getting foresight until 5s is under 50%. Yoda will be full if at this point because foresight and should outlast 5's (especially if he lands a stun once under 50%.) So there, even without favorable RNG a squishy toon can finish off fives 1 on 1 at the end of a match.

Yoda can kill Old Ben 1v1. I got into that exact situation yesterday. I lost with Yoda but only because Ben dodged 2 in the end after i took him to yellow! So he can beat even Ben 1v1. However Yoda can't win 1v1 against Fives. Yoda will go first, get foresight, then CT 5s will remove it, then CT 5s will do his attack and slow Yoda and game over.