Prev1
the formation as follow:
(all 7 stars with purple colored)

Quigon (Leader)
Luminara
Ben Kenobi
Poe
First Order Tie Pilot

i can't describe how strong is that formation but finally i have used 3 of my teams to end that PVP

(1 team) Barriss (Leader) + Luminara + JC + Dooku + Boba (all dead)
(2 team) Sidious (Leader) + Old Dakka + Maul + Veers + Tarkin (all dead)
(3rd team) HK47 (Leader) + IG88 + IG 86 + Poggle + Phasma (IG88 and IG86 dead)
(all my teammates with full skills and 6-7 stars with purple colored)

This is the most terrible formation that i have met in the game

Replies

• stantse wrote: »
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

i can't describe how strong is that formation but finally i have used 3 of my teams to end that PVP

That's a sick team for pvp, but GW, if you retreat, Ben and Poe become useless
  • stantse
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2015

yeah
    it's really a horrible PVP team
  • I've fought a very similar team twice (had Rey instead of FOTP) in the Arena, and lost both times (I haven't lost in PvP in weeks).

Poe has a faster speed than a Chewie tank, so I can't burst anyone down before he taunts, and I can't stun or ability block him before he can get his taunt off. After that it's GG as Rey straight wrecks my team after Ben unleashes his ability block.

My team is (max geared) 6* Sid leader, 6* Lumi, 5* Daka, 7* Talia, 4* Dooku.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Speed and damage. That's pvp meta right there. That's a big boy team. You won't be able to beat that squad without some wicked stuff. You can replace Lumi to make it even deadlier. That's a good example of a pvp team that can defend well.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'd like to add also - this is a good example of a team that is possible that helps put balance in perspective ... and the Dooku / Sid / Barriss / Phasma, complaints on and on and on....is ridiculous. When you start getting in to a wider base of the roster, the game opens up a lot. Why everyone should sit back and wait for the game to mature before passing judgement so quickly. We are early on in the game and just seeing a piece of what's out there in terms of builds and counters.

The OP is using many characters that are supposedly "OP" if you listen to all the nerf rant threads yet he's getting his rear end handed to him. Please take note...this is a great thread.

Thank you OP for posting.
  • I'd like to add also - this is a good example of a team that is possible that helps put balance in perspective ... and the Dooku / Sid / Barriss / Phasma, complaints on and on and on....is ridiculous. When you start getting in to a wider base of the roster, the game opens up a lot. Why everyone should sit back and wait for the game to mature before passing judgement so quickly. We are early on in the game and just seeing a piece of what's out there in terms of builds and counters.

The OP is using many characters that are supposedly "OP" if you listen to all the nerf rant threads yet he's getting his rear end handed to him. Please take note...this is a great thread.

this is really a strange formation
    but it is awesome PVP team!
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    stantse wrote: »
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

That team is beastly but I'm quite certain you should've been able to actually lose less toons overall? After baiting out QCJ/Lumi/Poe/Ben specials you could've gone in with,

HK47 IG88/86 Poggle Old Daka. QCJ would probably go first, then Poe after that you buff with Poggle, heal with Daka and kill FOTP with IG-88 AoE, IG86 assist and HK AoE. You could probably sacrifice both of your IGs to actually kill that team with such formation (Old Ben can't offense down you while you have Poggle buff).

Now this team is possibly as close as it gets to perfection with Arena tho would be better if s/he was to swap Lumi with Barriss.
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

That team is beastly but I'm quite certain you should've been able to actually lose less toons overall? After baiting out QCJ/Lumi/Poe/Ben specials you could've gone in with,

HK47 IG88/86 Poggle Old Daka. QCJ would probably go first, then Poe after that you buff with Poggle, heal with Daka and kill FOTP with IG-88 AoE, IG86 assist and HK AoE. You could probably sacrifice both of your IGs to actually kill that team with such formation (Old Ben can't offense down you while you have Poggle buff).

Now this team is possibly as close as it gets to perfection with Arena tho would be better if s/he was to swap Lumi with Barriss.

This build needs no healers - drop Lumi altogether and use another attacker.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Heronmar wrote: »
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

...reason this build needs no heal is because Ben does damage down for 2 rounds. The enemy will be hitting too soft to damage your team and in the meantime the attackers have pulverized your toons.

EDIT: This was supposed to be an edit to the above, not a reply to myself :) Sorry for the biff.
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

I'm not quite certain, Poggle seems to be a regular choice for most of the squads and you'd be relying upon Ben going before Poggle so that you can get your 'Offense Down'. Even with the QCJ leadership he is slower than Poggle, I'd say fielding a healer would make it work in a sure-fire way whereas replacing the healer with a DPS might come down to a cointoss.
  • Don't forget that Lumi gets the +speed from Qui-Gon Jinn, and she can hit like a truck with her force blast ability. If she and another DPS focus on something then they can easily 2 shot someone.
    I'd like to add also - this is a good example of a team that is possible that helps put balance in perspective ... and the Dooku / Sid / Barriss / Phasma, complaints on and on and on....is ridiculous. When you start getting in to a wider base of the roster, the game opens up a lot. Why everyone should sit back and wait for the game to mature before passing judgement so quickly. We are early on in the game and just seeing a piece of what's out there in terms of builds and counters.

this is really a strange formation
    but it is awesome PVP team!

Agree. It's not obvious configuration...but very deadly. So, please help spread the word in other nerf rant threads that people need to just wait and let the game mature. Very few of us, if any especially hard launch players, can make a true claim that something is definitively OP. Reason is we haven't faced all toons at max level and in all squad combinations. You could take a " Forum OP" team with Phasma lead, Dooku, Sid, Darth Maul, and Barriss and it would look like a pre-school team against this specific build.

I'd also say...not even the soft launch guys know true OP...and that's because they are level capped. No one knows true end game. You get a great glimpse of the impact of the higher levels by TIE Pilot. He gives us a peak at the next gear and right now as a result of him almost being able to finish gear 8 he looks amazing. I think he'll be good regardless, but he's benefiting by having 7-8 more gears filled than most toons.

This team and variations of it can be beaten in PVP, but not easily and not by most builds - but yes these are the types of top tier builds that are setting the tone. There are already variations of this type of approach and counters for it being prepared.

So to everyone (not addressing the OP here) ... please stop with the OP / nerf stuff - it's just flat out wrong and bad information.
  • Don't forget that Lumi gets the +speed from Qui-Gon Jinn, and she can hit like a truck with her force blast ability. If she and another DPS focus on something then they can easily 2 shot someone.

Lumi is solid...but there are better attackers. Rey would be an example or an AOE toon like Darth Maul ... or Leia. Remember Poe hits expose to the enemy, so sweeping in an AOE to make sure to proc all those exposes on the enemy can be big.

Lumi is solid...but there are better attackers. Rey would be an example or an AOE toon like Darth Maul ... or Leia. Remember Poe hits expose to the enemy, so sweeping in an AOE to make sure to proc all those exposes on the enemy can be big.

I use Lumi in GW have to for endurance. Then rotate lumi / Barris. You know my other version in arena
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

I'm not quite certain, Poggle seems to be a regular choice for most of the squads and you'd be relying upon Ben going before Poggle so that you can get your 'Offense Down'. Even with the QCJ leadership he is slower than Poggle, I'd say fielding a healer would make it work in a sure-fire way whereas replacing the healer with a DPS might come down to a cointoss.

Your not taking into account Poes meter reduction unless it gets resisted Ben goes before Poggle. RNG
  • Cythis wrote: »
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

Your not taking into account Poes meter reduction unless it gets resisted Ben goes before Poggle. RNG

Fair enough.
  • I run both luminara and barris in GW. Barris heal is just an emergency heal, but her basic attack heal is nice dor stataining the team (with Phasma as leader). Im off topic here, but barris still has a purpose for me.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • The team mentioned atop has some variations, but the core idea is the same. It has 2 major components.

First, the team has a heavy early attacker. QGJ is the most used character in this case. With QGJ's speed and leadership, he can act before Dooku sometimes. QGJ also hits very hard with his special so he could hurt your most important member at the very beginning.

Second, and possibly the biggest threat of this build is Poe. Poe is the engine of this terror machine. He does three things. 1 he allows the slow heavy hitters to fire before you. 2 he protects his team members by taunting
    3 he adds extra damage by expose

I encounter a similar build in my server. It's giving everyone nightmares. The team has even more firepower than the above mentioned one.
    Sid
    QGJ
    Poe
    Tie pilot
    Leia

This team has been dominating my server for the past week. I only managed to beat it once after many tries. I was extremely lucky to stun his QGJ and Sid with my Dooku and one shot his Poe with my 86. That's a lot of luck involved.

I'm developing a new team and a new strategy for it. There's no doubt that this is the most difficult team I met
    so far.
  • The team mentioned atop has some variations, but the core idea is the same. It has 2 major components.

First, the team has a heavy early attacker. QGJ is the most used character in this case. With QGJ's speed and leadership, he can act before Dooku sometimes. QGJ also hits very hard with his special so he could hurt your most important member at the very beginning.

Second, and possibly the biggest threat of this build is Poe. Poe is the engine of this terror machine. He does three things. 1 he allows the slow heavy hitters to fire before you. 2 he protects his team members by taunting

I encounter a similar build in my server. It's giving everyone nightmares. The team has even more firepower than the above mentioned one.
    Sid
    QGJ
    Poe
    Tie pilot
    Leia

This team has been dominating my server for the past week. I only managed to beat it once after many tries. I was extremely lucky to stun his QGJ and Sid with my Dooku and one shot his Poe with my 86. That's a lot of luck involved.

I'm developing a new team and a new strategy for it. There's no doubt that this is the most difficult team I met
    so far.

Tie Pilot and Leia at same team
    i can't imagine the att power.....
    i guess he/she could finish most of the team within 3 turns
    The team mentioned atop has some variations, but the core idea is the same. It has 2 major components.

Sid
    QGJ
    Poe
    Tie pilot
    Leia

so far.

Tie Pilot and Leia at same team
    i can't imagine the att power.....
    i guess he/she could finish most of the team within 3 turns

If my Dooku fails to stun his QGJ or pilot, I be dead in 2 turns. That's the terror of this team
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

This one I hit in the final fight 2 nights ago. All 7* all Purple

QGJ as lead
    Sid
    Lum
    Ben
    JC

It was fun to figure out how to take them out. The kicker was my prize was a Jawa Shard,lol
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

QGJ as lead
    Sid
    Lum
    Ben
    JC

It was fun to figure out how to take them out. The kicker was my prize was a Jawa Shard,lol

Treasure that shard... It was hard earned.
    the formation as follow:

Quigon (Leader)
    Luminara
    Ben Kenobi
    Poe
    First Order Tie Pilot

QGJ as lead
    Sid
    Lum
    Ben
    JC

QGJ seems to be the key person in PVP
  • MasterTamias
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My line up will be:
    Phasma(lead) - Dooku - Old ben - Han - - Luminara

This team can be defeated by Dooku with some luck.
    First, dooku stun old ben to ensure the output.
    then Poe should taunt and his teammate will go due to turn meter reduction.
    if you survive the FOTP,
    Han should be able to Taunt and reduces their turn meter.
    Followed by Old ben offense down and blocking (byebye QuiGon dispell)
    Phasma drops their speed.
    Since Han will likely grant another turn to your team, you can gain advantage up by phasma
    and burst them down in this order: Poe->FOTP->QuiGon->Lumi->ben

Dooku is extremely fast, coupled with Han and Phasma, he can stun and attack so many times before they can react.
    All in all, if you can survive the FOTP one-shot, things will be easier
  • My line up will be:

if you survive the FOTP,
    Since Han will likely grant another turn to your team, you can gain advantage up by phasma

Dooku is extremely fast, coupled with Han and Phasma, he can stun and attack so many times before they can react.

i really appreciate if that formation could beat that one
    really want to see what happen :smile:
  • Poe is the key to every good defensive build. Dooku stun on him is about the only way you counter it. Pretty sure Daka isn't fast enough to get her stun block in.

Sid/Poe/Poggle/IG88/Lumi coming soon(tm)...
    My line up will be:

if you survive the FOTP,

i really appreciate if that formation could beat that one
    really want to see what happen :smile:

You will still run in to issues depending on the build ... with who Jinn calls in to assist and who Jinn hits. If Jinn calls in TIE or Leia if she's there, you'll be hurting. Ben also has a high dodge rate it seems and the Dooku stun isn't a lock on him. The above build is tough. Beatable, but tough.
  • Thundergod
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Poe is the key to every good defensive build. Dooku stun on him is about the only way you counter it. Pretty sure Daka isn't fast enough to get her stun block in.

Sid/Poe/Poggle/IG88/Lumi coming soon(tm)...

Lol that's actually the same team I was planning to make, with maybe swapping out Lumi for someone. Too bad I don't have iOS so it will take some time to get Poe:(
  • The problem with the formation in the first thread of this topic is that both qui gon jim and ben jenobi we can not farm them but we need to pay euros
  • ohhhhh "horrible" and "terrible" meaning they're really good...

ESL