Advantage and Expose

evanbio
1505 posts Member
Ok, looking for some clarification on these 2. My understanding is that advantage has changed to a guaranteed Crit. So that sounds simple. But what about Expose? My understanding is that it causes the enemy to lose 20% of their health. Is that current health, or 20% of their max health?

The reason I'm confused is that it doesn't seem to work. If I have 2 of the same type of enemy exposed, it shouldn't matter who hits them next, it would deal the same damage. But if I attack one with 86 and the other with RG, 86 causes much more damage. Also, if I have advantage, should I avoid attacking an exposed character that turn? If they are exposed, wouldn't the advantage be best used against a non-exposed character?

Thanks for any insight!

Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Are you comparing the white damage below the regular damage?

That should be the same regardless of who attacks. You get regular damage(blue,red,yellow) plus the 20% white damage for expose. I'm not sure if it's max or current health though.

It shouldn't matter if you hit an exposed with a crit or not except if they are in the red then it is likely any hit would kill them so your crit would not be required
  • Expose is 20% of max hp and advantage is 100% crit.
    Why 86 does more dmg than RG is simple the exposed toon who gets hit loses that 20% + normal dmg done by basic\special. Rg hits far less than 86 so there is the reason. So with expose it doesnt matter who you hit it with and no need saving advantage when the math is the same.
    Hope this helps! ;)
    Ps. Advantage also now lasts only that 1 hit OR if you use assist and the assister has advantage, you get that crit + assister should still have advantage when his actual turn comes.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    AH, got it now. I didn't realize the 20% was on top of the typical damage.