It's Not Your Turn!

Veritasum
754 posts Member
edited May 2016
So yesterday we're doing a T5 and I'm in a groove. I was having my best round ever. Between QGJ and 5s, the Rancor's TM was at bay and I was going to town. I keep an eye on the Devour TM so I know when to try an escape. I am positive, it said 2. When Rancor finally got a turn, BAM he ate Rey! I didn't retreat cause I was just in a good rhythm and figured, f it. But still, he ate Rey when his devour TM was at 2!

Is this intended??

That was my main gripe, but one other observation from last night:

Rancor dodged/deflected my attack while he was pinned by the door. I'm glad they are no longer allowing the door control to dodge, but Rancor should take all the pain while he's pinned by the door. IMO, that is one of the reasons to put the door on him... so he don't move and you can go all out on his head! And come on, don't eat my Rey when it says you're TWO moves away from it!!

Post edited by Veritasum on

Replies

• He inflicts health down I believe, not immunity. He also devoured my yoda with a cooldown of 2 still left
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Yes, it's quite possible to Devour out of turn. Rancor Slam has this description:
    Deal physical damage to all enemies... Then, Devour's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each enemy that is below 50% Health....
    So if the rancor does slam and reduces a few heroes to <50% health, it can reset Devour and then use it for the second attack. The cooldown isn't the only thing you need to keep an eye on ;)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Wolf_359
    45 posts Member
    kalidor beat me too it... so yeah WAI
  • Kabal
    62 posts Member
    The whole eating your guys has to be tuned down. I'm tired of losing full health characters, especially when they still have protection. You'd think the protection mechanic would at least protect you.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    Yes, it's quite possible to Devour out of turn. Rancor Slam has this description:
    Deal physical damage to all enemies... Then, Devour's cooldown is reduced by 1 for each enemy that is below 50% Health....
    So if the rancor does slam and reduces a few heroes to <50% health, it can reset Devour and then use it for the second attack. The cooldown isn't the only thing you need to keep an eye on ;)

Thanks for the info. Good to know. But this was early on. All of my toons had protection and rey in particular was full since she benefits from foresight often. And his first move coming into his turn was Devour with no fist slam preceding it.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    He inflicts health down I believe, not immunity. He also devoured my yoda with a cooldown of 2 still left

Ahh, I see. But the icon is the same as immunity. He seems to inflict it most in stage 4.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Kabal wrote: »
    The whole eating your guys has to be tuned down. I'm tired of losing full health characters, especially when they still have protection. You'd think the protection mechanic would at least protect you.

Then it'll be too easy as we will be able to continually reduce TM and smack the rancor silly

• Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Oootini wrote: »

Then it'll be too easy as we will be able to continually reduce TM and smack the rancor silly

Yeah, don't mind the devour mechanic, but don't show me 2 and then eat me, lol.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member

@Kabal Just get Old Ben to be eaten. :-)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member

That's part of the strategy of the raid and IMO should not be tuned down at all.
    This is the only thing in this game that actually requires thought and timing and strategy, please do not dumb it down.
    I don't even like the door change.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Ahh, I see. But the icon is the same as immunity. He seems to inflict it most in stage 4.

The icons are really, really similar. Healing immunity has a very subtle / through it, Health down does not. It'd really hard to distinguish unless you know what you're looking for.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    Veritasum wrote: »

The icons are really, really similar. Healing immunity has a very subtle / through it, Health down does not. It'd really hard to distinguish unless you know what you're looking for.

Ok, never noticed it before, but it now makes sense how I'm healing with those icons up. :blush: